JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 628 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO This is in connection to the Regional Convention held in Philippines, which started last weekend and continuing until the weekend of December 26. We are expecting more Filipino languages to follow

Remember, the area that was hit by the super typhoon/strongest storm recorded at land, was in Central Philippines where Hiligaynon is spoken. 

Another language I've never of heard before.  The translating teams just keep going.  Here are some stats - 8 million native speakers and the 4th most spoken native language in the Philippines.

Edited by jgsfrelancer

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

• 5 weeks later...

Was announced in the meeting Yesterday that at 25 January 2015, a special meeting will be realised here in the capital , Luanda, regards of the visit of the representative of the Branch....

it will take place in a Football Stadium with capacity for almost 60,000 people....

As i heard, every special Pionners, Travelling Elders , Members of Bethel, and perhaps every publishers of capital had been invicted for this event... 

The last time that many published were gathered together was during the Dedication of the Bethel at April 2005....

So, as speculation had already started, maybe, maybe, we will receive our NWT 2013 in Portuguese....

I would be amazing to get the New Bible there...

Any relacted news from brothers in Brazil or Portugal??

Was announced in the meeting Yesterday that at 25 January 2015, a special meeting will be realised here in the capital , Luanda, regards of the visit of the representative of the Branch....

it will take place in a Football Stadium with capacity for almost 60,000 people....

As i heard, every special Pionners, Travelling Elders , Members of Bethel, and perhaps every publishers of capital had been invicted for this event... 

The last time that many published were gathered together was during the Dedication of the Bethel at April 2005....

So, as speculation had already started, maybe, maybe, we will receive our NWT 2013 in Portuguese....

I would be amazing to get the New Bible there...

Any relacted news from brothers in Brazil or Portugal??

Here in Brazil we will have two special meetings, one in connection with the visit of representative Headquarters (formerly called zonal visit), which will be on January 25 with Brother Geoffrey Jackson, the Governing Body, and the brother John Wentworth, from the Korea Branch.

Besides visiting Brother Geoffrey Jackson in January, we will have the pleasure of March 2015 receive a visit from another member of the Governing Body, Brother David Splane. In connection with the visit of Brother Splane was scheduled a special meeting for the day March 22, 2015.

I believe that for Brazil the second meeting aims to the release of new version of the NWT. (just my opinion).

In two meetings all congregations in Brazil will be connected via internet.

Edited by Araujo JW

It was posted in one of the status updates by a brother from Ethiopia, too, but as of last Sunday the complete NWT (2013) is available in Amharic. Huzzah! (posting via tablet and don't know the codes for all IPB smileys)

This is also the first time there is a complete Bible in Amharic throughout featuring Jehovah's name. Now hoping for a Tigrinya release within the next few years!

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Another language I've never of heard before.  The translating teams just keep going.  Here are some stats - 8 million native speakers and the 4th most spoken native language in the Philippines.

Page 19 of the January 2013 Teach book says 2300   ...   now the revised December 2014 Teach book says 2600 languages  -  WOW  - that is HUGH!

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15174-updated-publications-on-jworg/page-4#entry261039

Edited by timpin

Here in Brazil we will have two special meetings, one in connection with the visit of representative Headquarters (formerly called zonal visit), which will be on January 25 with Brother Geoffrey Jackson, the Governing Body, and the brother John Wentworth, from the Korea Branch.

Besides visiting Brother Geoffrey Jackson in January, we will have the pleasure of March 2015 receive a visit from another member of the Governing Body, Brother David Splane. In connection with the visit of Brother Splane was scheduled a special meeting for the day March 22, 2015.

I believe that for Brazil the second meeting aims to the release of new version of the NWT. (just my opinion).

In two meetings all congregations in Brazil will be connected via internet.

as we have the special meeting in the verysame day (25 January), oh oh oh :bringiton:  :bringiton: New Bible is COMING!!!!! 

As i was in the same Congregation with the Expedition Department Overseer, weeks before the special meeting i will call him, and ask for some "News"

By the Way, Any news from Portugal????

as we have the special meeting in the verysame day (25 January), oh oh oh :bringiton::bringiton: New Bible is COMING!!!!!

As i was in the same Congregation with the Expedition Department Overseer, weeks before the special meeting i will call him, and ask for some "News"

By the Way, Any news from Portugal????

No, we have not anything to report.

In my case, on january 25th I will have the Circuit Assembly.

So still waiting for the good news...

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk

Is there a list available that shows all the languages the NWT 2013 is available in?

I ask because i'm in the Portuguese congregation and we sadly still don't have our new bibles nor the inserts like the Spanish congregation does.   I've seen the Russian bible minus the Intro and the Glossary and Korean bible released at their convention.  Does anyone know what other languages are available?

Are you still waiting for English? Three different sizes and App in American and no English. Oh, the suffering some people must endure!  :)

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

There are 7 special convention in 2015... maybe new Bible ?

So Estonia, Thailand, Malta,... I don't remember the other...

... Bulgaria also...

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I just finished talking with a friend, and he told me that from an realiable source, that our Special Meeting in 25th January will be broadcasting live to others provinces in the country.... Moreover, all CO from all circuit assigned for this special meeting were gathered together ( few weeks ago) in the stadium were the meeting will be held....

All so the programme will be transmitted to two Assembly Hall....

And its said that the Branch Representative will be a government Body member...( This one i will check first )...

All so, classes of the new school were put on hold, because the new curriculum in english use the NWT 2013 edition, so we need the NWT2013 Portuguese edition as groundwork of the portuguese curriculum...

So my Fellow, the next month looks bright

• 4 weeks later...

We had our special Meeting yesterday... and was released nothing...

He had two Branch Representative, which one of them was brother Ken Flodin... the total attendance was more than 52,000 ...

So, we have to wait even more for the new NWT Bible...