JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World Translation (2013 revision) in additional languages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 628 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Our Indonesian new Bethel will be dedicated February next year. There will be a special meeting a day after the dedication. Is there any possibility to receive Indonesian NWT at that time?  :uhhuh:  :uhhuh:

Though I prefer to read in Chinese Mandarin  :D  :D

Ivy, I see you read Chinese Mandarin!  May I talk with you re: my daughterinlaws?  They are both Chinese and I would love to be able to say or convey something to them in their language.  Maybe I could give you their email?  How old are you if I may ask?

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Awww what a wonderful convention it was!! The message was so clear: keep your focus on Jesus Christ.

The last day we had a combine attendance of 54, 443 in Haiti, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Curazao, and Ecuador. We have over 690 baptized. We got the Newo World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (2013 edition) in the Haitian Creole Language at it was all screaming, crying and excitement. Such a privilege to be there.

I want to show pictures, but I can't, the page doesn't let me. But it is a beautiful bible, and no kidding, but it is even more understandable than the English version! Hahah :). I think no one will ever forget this convention.

Juan--they spelled Bible wrong on the cover of your beautiful new Bible!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Ivy, I see you read Chinese Mandarin! May I talk with you re: my daughterinlaws? They are both Chinese and I would love to be able to say or convey something to them in their language. Maybe I could give you their email? How old are you if I may ask?

Sure! I'll be 29 this December... Feel free to ask... I am willing to help...

:bouncing:

The picture shows "square" corners (like the 'paperback' versions used to have.  We still use that style in the prison ministry here.

Brother, usually the pdf version comes with square corners. 

Edited by Araujo JW

The screenshot might be real, however the PDF shown there is a forgery (even though a nice one) for a few reasons reasons:

1) Acrobat Reader shows that the PDF has only one page (the cover).

2) Only the English cover uses the Trajan Pro font for the title, all other use the MEPS version of Legacy Serif.

3) "Santas" and "Escrituras" do not seem to have the same font size.

4) "del" is a preposition, so it shouldn't have a capital D. bi12 has "Traducción del Nuevo Mundo" on the title.

How many RNWT's are we up to now, I lost count?   ...   8, 9, 10?   ...   there was a recently updated list somewhere

16 languages actually. There are three actual revisions of the ancient 1984 text (Portuguese and Korean and English). And the rest are Bibles completed. The greek scriptures of many of these languages were released between 2007-2011.

16 languages actually. There are three actual revisions of the ancient 1984 text (Portuguese and Korean and English). And the rest are Bibles completed. The greek scriptures of many of these languages were released between 2007-2011.

Brother Juan, I did not understand what you meant by that. Because the list we found 12 languages in the NWT was revised (including English, Portuguese and Korean). Could you explain me please?

Brother Juan, I did not understand what you meant by that. Because the list we found 12 languages in the NWT was revised (including English, Portuguese and Korean). Could you explain me please?

Ok this is what I'm trying to say. Out of the list (12 online) the other 4 are African languages not online yet. Ok, just three languages of the list are actual REVISIONS: it means that they had the complete Bible from the 80's so the text changed. English, Korean, and Portuguese had both Hebrew and Greck Scriptures before the 'new' Bible.

However, the rest of the languages, like Haitian Creole, Estonian, Fijian, never had the Hebrew Scriptures. So, they are not revisions. They are the original edition of the NWT rendered to those languages. Although, the Greek text has changed and improved (is crazy how better the creole bible got now), the appendix of these bibles don't say they are revisions, but they are based on a revision. So, that's why it was so easy to have these bibles translated first than French, German, etc., because they were doing the original translation job, not revision of the existent text.

Edited by Juanlazalah

Ok this is what I'm trying to say. Out of the list (12 online) the other 4 are African languages not online yet. Ok, just three languages of the list are actual REVISIONS: it means that they had the complete Bible from the 80's so the text changed. English, Korean, and Portuguese had both Hebrew and Greck Scriptures before the 'new' Bible.

However, the rest of the languages, like Haitian Creole, Estonian, Fijian, never had the Hebrew Scriptures. So, they are not revisions. They are the original edition of the NWT rendered to those languages. Although, the Greek text has changed and improved (is crazy how better the creole bible got now), the appendix of these bibles don't say they are revisions, but they are based on a revision. So, that's why it was so easy to have these bibles translated first than French, German, etc., because they were doing the original translation job, not revision of the existent text.

Thank you, brother Juan! Your explanation was very clear! Now I understood completely. And you added details that I did not know. Once again, thank you!

Edited by Araujo JW

• 1 month later...

A letter was just read last night mentioning that brother Splane will be visiting Portugal next 11/01/2015 and we'll be all joining by streaming

Since we already had our zone visit early this year, I'm convinced that this will be specially to launch the RNWT in portuguese from Portugal :D

Don't know if there are other portuguese members that share my sentiment... ;)

I'm pretty excited right now :)

Edited by jayrtom

A letter was just read last night mentioning that brother Splane will be visiting Portugal next 11/01/2015 and we'll be all joining by streaming

Since we already had our zone visit early this year, I'm convinced that this will be specially to launch the RNWT in portuguese from Portugal :D

Don't know if there are other portuguese members that share my sentiment... ;)

I'm pretty excited right now :)

I'm not Portuguese but my feelings are too high for you!  :bouncing: Anyway, we almost speak the same language!  :lol: