JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brother Lösch reading his own life story

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3515 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In the July 2014 Watchtower that we are studying this week there is an article narrating the life story of brother Gerrit Lösch. In the audio edition of that magazine in Romanian, it's brother Lösch himself who reads the article (he speaks Romanian). Does he read the article too in the English and German editions (the other languages, I presume, he speaks)? Is it common for brothers and sisters who tell their experiences to read the articles themselves for the recording?

Brother Lösch is very well remembered and very much appreciated by the Romanian brothers, because, as that article explains, he helped reunite most of the separate groups our brotherhood had been divided into during the Communist persecution.

Also, in the video about a family moving to preach in Ireland during their holidays, the voices in the dubbed Spanish version seem to be the voices of the family members themselves. They have a strong foreign accent. Certainly not the same voices that dub most videos.

I really enjoyed hearing Br.Lösch reading his experience.Also the letters from the governing body in the year book are read by a GB member.It's Anthony Morris this year,last year was Stephen Lett and Geoffrey Jackson was the year before.

Edited by Harmony

In the article, Bro Losch refers to his having attended the scout jamboree in 1957, in Sutton Park (England). That is only 3 miles from where i live.

If anyone has the time, and good eyesight, try looking here, to see if you can spot him:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scout+jamboree+1957&biw=1429&bih=994&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RkEQVJyvKMmVaqGogcAN&ved=0CEYQsAQ&dpr=0.9#q=scout+jamboree+%22sutton+park%22+1957&tbm=isch&tbs=itp:photo

Or you can look here for more info:

or here:

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/jamboree

Yeah, he reads the article also in German and Italian. I checked at the time this particular issue was made available on jw.org. A really neat touch, I thought! Must have been a stretch, though, to get a busy GB member sit down and record the reading in one not only one or two, but three languages! His Austrian accent when reading the German article sounded funny :D

But I guess the packed schedules could be part of the reason why GB members are used as readers. Usually (fittingly) reading the introductory letter of yearbooks, but otherwise I don't hearing such too often.

Even cooler when a native brother is available for the recordings. Would think the "reader pool" in the US is rather extensive. I remember particularly one Bible Changes Lives article where they had used a brother with what clearly was a Finnish accent to read the [English-language] story of a Finnish brother.

In addition, nice to hear (for most of you other people: read ;)) a life story of a GB member! Anyone know when was the last time such a life story has featured in our magazines? Jack Barr's or Daniel Sydlik's perhaps?

Edit: Wow! Even better if Br. Lösch has read it in FOUR languages. Didn't remember he speaks Romanian, too. Another reason why I perhaps should read (and comprehend) other messages in any one thread better...

I liked how he described of his realising that he is of the anointed. Difficult perhaps for us of the other sheep to understand how this process of "adoption" goes, but interesting how convincingly his hope was brought out. No any emotional visions and experiences you sometimes hear from people within different groups of the Christendom.

Edited by LoneWanderer

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29