JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jerry and Musky I have new info that you will love

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3513 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Okay, I am so excited that my daughter is home. The stories are so wonderful. 

Anyway the brothers and sisters made a record of pics and videos for each delegate, first was the hours that the congregation spent in preparing for the delegates. Many nights they were up past midnight. It shows them putting the presents together and the signs and rehearsing the singing with the adults and children.  Also practising with the children on instruments. 

Oh you just don't know how heartwarming it was to see all this love poured to people they didn't even know yet. 

When my daughter, her fiancee and his sister got off the plane there were many brothers and sisters waiting for them with signs that welcomed them and signs with there names on them. 

Then where they arrived next there was a big welcoming committee that they walked through. This is all being captured on video. A paparazzi team of brothers and sisters followed my daughter, fiancee and his sister everywhere they went so they could keep a remembrance of their trip to S. Korea. 

It is just overwhelming. My daughter said that she spent only $20 over there because the brothers and sisters took care of everything. Every meal, just everything they needed they took care of. Henry, my daughter's fiancee and his sister are in the spanish congregation and they said that the english think that the spanish are so loving, they said that the Korean brothers and sisters blow them out of the water. 

I will post some more info in a minute, my back is cramping so going to make myself more comfortable. 

In S. Korea, the brothers who are studying and ones baptized just expect to be put into prison for almost 2yrs. once they turn 18yrs old. The older ones in the congregation were put in prison for 20yrs, then as time went on it got shortened to 10yrs and down to today it is just under 2yrs. 

The older brothers that went into prison went through much punishment during their stay but because of their faith, being kind, courteous and happy the prison guards like having the witnesses and now the witnesses are put with their brothers and kept separate from the criminals. It took time to get it this way but things are looking better.

The family can only visit the brother in prison 4 times a month and for only 10 minutes at a time. And a brother can go to the prison and conduct 2 meetings a month. 

One brother in prison said that he would read through the bible all the way through every week. 

When my daughter arrived in S. Korea there were some brothers that just got out of prison and ones that were preparing to go in. They say that it is just expected and is normal.

One brother that was in prison gave this experience when he got out: "When I got out of prison, many of the brothers and sisters would tell me how proud they were of me for staying neutral and serving my sentence in prison. I heard this all the time that after awhile I got sortof puffed up about it. One day I was out in service with an older brother and the older brother said to me, "You did quite well staying neutral and holding your integrity". I said "Yes I know" sort of smug like. The older brother said to me "You do think so don't you." 

"Well Yes" I said. The older brother told me, "You have nothing compared to what our dear sisters go through." (the ratio of sisters to brothers is quite large) "You stayed neutral for 2yrs but our sisters stay neutral for 40 or more years, all their lives they stay neutral, not marrying outside of Jehovah's organization. That is real endurance of staying neutral". 

The brother said:"I was quite humbled after that."

Edited by HorseJump

In S. Korea, the brothers who are studying and ones baptized just expect to be put into prison for almost 2yrs. once they turn 18yrs old. The older ones in the congregation were put in prison for 20yrs, then as time went on it got shortened to 10yrs and down to today it is just under 2yrs.

The older brothers that went into prison went through much punishment during their stay but because of their faith, being kind, courteous and happy the prison guards like having the witnesses and now the witnesses are put with their brothers and kept separate from the criminals. It took time to get it this way but things are looking better.

The family can only visit the brother in prison 4 times a month and for only 10 minutes at a time. And a brother can go to the prison and conduct 2 meetings a month.

One brother in prison said that he would read through the bible all the way through every week.

When my daughter arrived in S. Korea there were some brothers that just got out of prison and ones that were preparing to go in. They say that it is just expected and is normal.

One brother that was in prison gave this experience when he got out: "When I got out of prison, many of the brothers and sisters would tell me how proud they were of me for staying neutral and serving my sentence in prison. I heard this all the time that after awhile I got sortof puffed up about it. One day I was out in service with an older brother and the older brother said to me, "You did quite well staying neutral and holding your integrity". I said "Yes I know" sort of smug like. The older brother said to me "You do think so don't you."

"Well Yes" I said. The older brother told me, "You have nothing compared to what our dear sisters go through." (the ratio of sisters to brothers is quite large) "You stayed neutral for 2yrs but our sisters stay neutral for 40 or more years, all their lives they stay neutral, not marrying outside of Jehovah's organization. That is real endurance of staying neutral".

The brother said:"I was quite humbled after that."

An encouraging experience for single sisters... Fortify us to keep our integrity!!

:bouncing: