JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lisa, I wish someone could tell me how to get rid of spiders in my house - unfortunately in the tropics and sub-tropics we just have to get used to seeing them around - and we have some biggies, believe me.  And we dont have to wait until autumn to see them, we get 'em any old time.   I can swish their webs away one day, and within two days another one has moved in in its place.   Tiny little ones live in the corners of the ceilings and even though we have friendly resident skinks (who live on tiny insects), they still seem to thrive and multiply.   .And I'm the only member of my friends and family who gets bitten by these pesky things - often waking in the middle of the night when a little blighter is have a bite of me.  The bites itch like made for about four days and look awful - a big red spot covered in blisters - perfume sprayed on often helps reduce the itch, as does vaseline smeared all over the spot, but its always several days of gritted teeth before the itch suddenly goes.   Roll on the new system, and then I'll promise never to stomp on another spider ever again.  I used to tell the story of sitting in my car one night, waiting for someone, and felt a bite on my left big toe.  I yanked my foot away and grabbing the torch I keep beside me, I shone it onto the footwell, and to my horror and disgust I saw a huge cockroach waving at me, obviously waiting for me to put my foot back.   My friends shrieked with laughter when I related the incident.   I suppose I should feel grateful that at least some things love me.  

I'm working on a job putting up handrail to keep people from jumping. On the upper side where I have to weld the rails in many spiders create their insect traps. Its kind of dark and they are difficult to see. My welding hood when flipped up catches these at times and when I flip my hood down I get a face full of web

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OrFtyRcDNUU

Doing yard work at the KH my husband was bitten by a brown recluse spider.......by that evening he had the chills, vomiting and diarrhea . His arm was so red and swollen he could hardly move it. It took months for him to fully recover. It's not a particular scary looking spider but the reaction my husband had was defiantly scary !!!

I'll be glad when the insects are all OUTSIDE and none are invited into the home!   Jehovah promised that he will make a covenant with the insects and other domestic animals in his paradise.  Till then, we all have to bear up with Spiders, Hornets, Killer Bee's, Cock Roaches (big or little), mosquitoes (big or small) and every other insect I can't name in here!  

Ooooh! I have a serious phobia!! Sweaty palms, hysterical laughter (not a good kind), jump over chairs (I'm a large lady :eat: ). I have to shower completely if one of those little buggers crawl on me, I feel completely violated. And there are NO dangerous spiders in our area. My fear is completely irrational.

Once when out in service my toddler came back into the van with an object that she picked up off the road. It turned out there was a spider in the object. She dropped it next to me. I proceeded to jump across her (we were in the back of a caravan with my toddler in her car seat in the center and myself and my other daughter on either side of her) and SIT on my other daughter while being completely hysterical saying KILL IT! But she couldn't do anything because I'm sitting on her. And my toddler is starting to really freak out because she sees my reaction and she is strapped into her car seat. So another sister (I'm so glad she is our dearest earthly friend) came from the front seat all the way to the back to be my savior...This was 7 yrs ago and I still have not lived it down :)