JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Barack Obama urges UN to set up global ban on fighters. talk about religious extremism and more.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3493 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Very, very interesting. A resolution that has "sweeping" international support will be pushed by obama at the UN on wednesday. What do u think? Sounds like Blair wants to weed out all religion, not just islamists.... Long article w multiple links. Just an excerpt:

In his article the former prime minister also warned that western governments are in danger of making a "fateful error" in assuming that they should only challenge Islamist extremists who advocate violence. Echoing the warnings by the Conservative chief whip Michael Gove, who has called for a "draining of the swamp", Blair called for action against the "fringe" of extremists who advocate violence as well as the wider "spectrum" that believes in "religious exclusivity".

Blair wrote: "This Islamism – a politicisation of religion to an intense and all-encompassing degree – is not confined to a fringe. It is an ideology (and a theology derived from Salafist thinking) taught and preached every day to millions, actually to tens of millions, in some mosques, certain madrassas, and in formal and informal education systems the world over … The truth is that Islamism, unless fundamentally reformed, is incompatible with modern economies and open-minded, religiously pluralistic societies."

Edited by User_123

I don't know if this is the particular article you were speaking of, but there is some interesting information within this article going along with this topic. It actually brings out that they are preparing the proposal specifically to alleviate the option of a veto (yes, I said that correct, there is NO VETO on this one). It specifically states that the world has no place for the islam religion but leaves the wording open for including others if needed.

Could really be the way they are able to have the teeth to attack when they decide to get rid of the rest of the religions.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/21/barack-obama-united-nations-foreign-fighters-ban-isis

I don't know if this is the particular article you were speaking of, but there is some interesting information within this article going along with this topic. It actually brings out that they are preparing the proposal specifically to alleviate the option of a veto (yes, I said that correct, there is NO VETO on this one). It specifically states that the world has no place for the islam religion but leaves the wording open for including others if needed.

Could really be the way they are able to have the teeth to attack when they decide to get rid of the rest of the religions.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/21/barack-obama-united-nations-foreign-fighters-ban-isis

YES. It says Russia wont veto. And the resolution is actually going to require nations to change their laws.

Tony Blair sounds really anti religion...

YES thats the article. Cant believe i forgot the link! It says Russia wont veto. And the resolution is actually going to require nations to change their laws.

Tony Blair sounds really anti religion...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/22/blair-defeat-isis-ground-troops

Edited by User_123

I sometimes wonder if the destruction of false religion would be sort of unintentional on the part of governments. Jehovah leads them to it. Mainly because in Revelation 18 the Kings as well as merchants etc are saying too bad etc. Why moan about it if it was exactly what they expected.

Revelation 18:9-19

Going to do some research.

I sometimes wonder if the destruction of false religion would be sort of unintentional on the part of governments. Jehovah leads them to it. Mainly because in Revelation 18 the Kings as well as merchants etc are saying too bad etc. Why moan about it if it was exactly what they expected.

Revelation 18:9-19

Going to do some research.

Yes, like perhaps they know islam is a problem, but out of political correctness, they word resolutions broadly? Resulting in interpretation and application to all religion...

Another stepping stone towards destruction of all religions .... Step by step ... This is really BIG NEWS ... At work today I was listening to the radio and Tony Abott (Australia) already has prepared to implement change to the national laws in relation to this resolution ... This is getting really interesting !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Very, very interesting. A resolution that has "sweeping" international support will be pushed by obama at the UN on wednesday. What do u think? Sounds like Blair wants to weed out all religion, not just islamists.... Long article w multiple links. Just an excerpt:

In his article the former prime minister also warned that western governments are in danger of making a "fateful error" in assuming that they should only challenge Islamist extremists who advocate violence. Echoing the warnings by the Conservative chief whip Michael Gove, who has called for a "draining of the swamp", Blair called for action against the "fringe" of extremists who advocate violence as well as the wider "spectrum" that believes in "religious exclusivity".

Blair wrote: "This Islamism – a politicisation of religion to an intense and all-encompassing degree – is not confined to a fringe. It is an ideology (and a theology derived from Salafist thinking) taught and preached every day to millions, actually to tens of millions, in some mosques, certain madrassas, and in formal and informal education systems the world over … The truth is that Islamism, unless fundamentally reformed, is incompatible with modern economies and open-minded, religiously pluralistic societies."

Interesting that the charge is being led by one of Satans favorite henchmen, Tony Blair. This man is an exceptionally wicked, despicable and callous human being. His messiah complex will be his undoing. I'll be watching this latest development very closely. 

Interesting that the charge is being led by one of Satans favorite henchmen, Tony Blair. This man is an exceptionally wicked, despicable and callous human being. His messiah complex will be his undoing. I'll be watching this latest development very closely. 

I do not believe we are in a position to judge others as wicked (best to leave that to Jesus (1 Cor 5:12&13), but this story will be interesting to see if it turns into anything. And here I have my doubts.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I do not believe we are in a position to judge others as wicked (best to leave that to Jesus), but this story will be interesting to see if it turns into anything. And here I have my doubts.

Indeed we are not. But it is certainly my opinion that this man is positively a wicked human being. Mr Blair's legacy is well known. And no matter how much blood is spilled he continues to bay for more all under the guise of so called 'progressiveness'. 

Indeed we are not. But it is certainly my opinion that this man is positively a wicked human being.

All politicians commit wicked actions, the only difference is that some hide their legacy better than others. 

Would you say that Mr. Blair's actions are more wicked than those who commit mass public executions of people whose only crime is watching a foreign television show? Or less Just than those who send homeless, disabled, unacceptable ethnicities, and other "undesirables" into slave labor camps without trial?

It's easy to look at one political figure as "wicked" when the local media solely focuses on negative actions committed by the "bad guy of the day". But under Satan's plan, those reports are primarily meant to make people more eager and willing to accept any plan for "peace", and distract everyone from the fact that the lack of peace is caused by something much deeper than any single group or leader.

Despite my love for UN news... I have my doubts that anything will come from it. Just my opinion though. Most of these meets end up with one of the Security Council nation storming out mad. We'll see how it goes...

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

All politicians commit wicked actions, the only difference is that some hide their legacy better than others. 

Would you say that Mr. Blair's actions are more wicked than those who commit mass public executions of people whose only crime is watching a foreign television show? Or less Just than those who send homeless, disabled, unacceptable ethnicities, and other "undesirables" into slave labor camps without trial?

It's easy to look at one political figure as "wicked" when the local media solely focuses on negative actions committed by the "bad guy of the day". But under Satan's plan, those reports are primarily meant to make people more eager and willing to accept any plan for "peace", and distract everyone from the fact that the lack of peace is caused by something much deeper than any single group or leader.

I get your point but i don't think it needs to be that philosophical. My intent isn't to measure wickedness on a scale or as some comparative logic. Neither is it to pass judgement on Mr Blair. But rather as an adjective to describe and simply highlight the lengths Mr Blair has gone to to enforce his ideological agenda which has been utterly disastrous for almost the entire Planet. This can most certainly be described as wicked merely due inordinate impact his policy's and intervention have had globally. And thus in my eyes and opinion considering the blandishments he uses to sell his agenda/ideology his actions are even more reprehensible. As his goal is the very opposite of benevolence he claims to deliver. 

This can most certainly be described as wicked merely due inordinate impact his policy's and intervention have had globally.

I agree completely, his actions are wicked. But my point is that the actions of the world leaders will take place regardless of which human acts as the figurehead, since they're all controlled by Satan and his "princes".

Personally, I don't consider any of the world leaders to be inherently good or bad, I consider them to be mislead by Satan into becoming his puppets, especially when certain individuals admit to declaring war solely on the basis of a "message from god".

I agree completely, his actions are wicked. But my point is that the actions of the world leaders will take place regardless of which human acts as the figurehead, since they're all controlled by Satan and his "princes".

Personally, I don't consider any of the world leaders to be inherently good or bad, I consider them to be mislead by Satan into becoming his puppets, especially when certain individuals admit to declaring war solely on the basis of a "message from god".

To the portion in bold absolutely. 

In regards to your lata point neither do i, as this can be the only logical deduction. But what irks me more with Blair is the lengths this man has gone not only in the UK but around the globe to sell his destructive divisive ideology, hobnobbing with elites, over throwing governments, champagne socializing while claiming only to have the common mans interest at heart while having a smile on his face! This was a man who at one time proved to be immensely popular after the demise of the Conservative government and the chaos Conservative right wing policy caused the UK. His since gone on to many vaunted positions of Worldly power in politics, as well as commerce, each of which to serve his own aspirations while leaving a trail veritable of carnage in his wake. 

He reminds me a lot of the Pharisee's who claimed to have a form of Godly devotion but proved entirely false as to its power. He's much the same in that as a World leader his words do not back up his deeds. 

Just FYI something we all have to remember no matter who is involved politically, Jehovah puts it into their minds to carry out his will...I also keep in mind that at some point all of the governments (officials with authority) will be attacking us as well...I keep telling myself to remember the scripture that tells us to pray for our enemies, it will be tough not to be resistant to attacks but we must be humble and leave it to Jehovah because it is his fight.

President Barack Obama will personally champion the resolution at the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday

What the resolution would do, however, is take the onus of the Islamic State fight off the United States, and put it on the United Nations to track ISIS and all militants the U.N. Security Council can agree are terrorists. 

Shifting responsibility to the U.N. could make it easier for some countries to crack down on militancy,

It is also the first attempt to define what constitutes a “foreign terrorist fighter” under international law, as “namely individuals who travel to a state other than their states of residence or nationality for the purpose of the perpetration, planning, or preparation of, or participation in, terrorist acts or the providing or receiving of terrorist training, including in connection with armed conflict,” the draft states.

So the U.N. Security Council would be defining who the enemy is, but beyond that, implementation will depend largely on individual members, just as it does now. 

One of the other efforts being considered as part of the administration’s larger strategy is to ask social media companies like Twitter to remove video from groups like the ISIS, one of the officials said.

I dont know....but it seems like a bunch of nations are joining in. Syria said they are working closely w iraq/US on this. Iran has been playing along lately too (but they have a forked tongue so who knows). A bunch of Arab states are bombing too. Im eager to hear this resolution tomorrow afternoon. It sounds like there are a bunch of countries are onboard. Even if its false hope, aint that what prophecy says it will be? Even if they cant make anything real happen, they can say it. Peace, peace, but there is no peace.

I know, im too eager. Every time i hear something in the news, i think "could this be it?"! Im gonna try to stop after this latest headline. It makes me feel foolish.

Edited by User_123