JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

UN requiring nations to harm religious terrorists

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3430 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Earlier Monday, The U.N. Security Council adopted a binding resolution that would require nations to bar their citizens from traveling abroad to join terrorism organizations. The measure is backed by the Obama administration. From: US begins airstrikes against ISIS in Syria http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1099942#.VCWbYvldWgZ

So here we have an example of the UN flexing its muscles and exercising its influence over its member nations to chomp down on the flesh (in the form of recruits) of a part of Babylon the Great.

What we'd all like to see is the UN continue with this trend and require member nations to seize and destroy terrorist religions like ISIS.  Islamic faiths of this violent variety of Babylon the Great will be the the most obvious target to start with. 

Edited by Jimspace

The [uN] Secretary-General observed that with the growing list of challenges and risks facing UN peacekeepers, Member States would have to increase their “wide-ranging and tangible support” in order to help the missions deploy quickly, operate safely and nimbly, and protect civilians across vast distances and difficult terrain.

In summit-level meeting, [secretary-General Ban Ki-moon] announces review of UN 'blue helmet' operations

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=48884#.VCbxOFVdVOE

Well that would be nice to see.

I have noticed many people feel that the attack of Babylon the great will begin with terrorist organizations, like Isis. However, check this out:

Christ’s “presence” since 1914 has gone unnoticed by most of earth’s inhabitants. (2 Pet. 3:3, 4) Soon, however, he will make his presence manifest by executing Jehovah’s judgments on the various elements of Satan’s system of things. The destruction of “the man of lawlessness,” the clergy of Christendom, will be an unmistakable “manifestation of his presence.” (Read 2 Thessalonians 2:3, 8.) It will furnish concrete proof that Christ has moved into action as Jehovah’s appointed Judge. (Read 2 Timothy 4:1.) The annihilation of the most reprehensible part of Babylon the Great will serve as a prelude to the total destruction of that wicked world empire of false religion. Jehovah will put it into the hearts of political leaders to devastate this spiritual harlot. (Rev. 17:15-18) That will be the first part of the “great tribulation.”—Matt. 24:21.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010686?q=rep%C2%B7re%C2%B7hen%C2%B7si%C2%B7ble+part&p=par

I have noticed many people feel that the attack of Babylon the great will begin with terrorist organizations, like Isis.

Actually, the leaders are calling for attacks on the "ideology" that creates religious extremism.

Since many of the clergy directly tell their followers to resort to such extremism, even if they don't join in themselves, they'll be the first ones under the microscope when the UN cracks down on the "ideology" that creates terrorist groups.

Actually, the leaders are calling for attacks on the "ideology" that creates religious extremism.

I also noticed this in Obama's speech to the nation, he linked The ideology also to Christendom's pass, The Crusades ect.

With so much hatred towards Islam & Islamic terrorist, I don't see how the Tide will turn against christendom so suddenly.

It makes me think the Christians are going to have to do something noteworthy, to grab the attention of the world.. Like 9/11/01

I think about this too. It seems like for the nations to turn against Christendom they would have to be extremely enraged about something, and act to protect themselves.

Perhaps it could start with a terrorist being sheltered by a church, or with a church supporting terrorists in some way, or by initiating some act of terrorism. I also imagine the rage becoming progressively worse and expanding until the Vatican is effectively razed.

Aren't you two brothers forgetting something?  Jehovah is going to put the thought into the nation's hearts, so no one is going to see it coming!

That DOES NOT mean that something has to happen to progress to the point where the UN turns on Christendom! It will happen SUDDENLY and will take the world by surprise!  And apparently, some Christians will be surprised by the suddenness!

Edited by zoebarry

Yes I know. I think that’s idiomatic for doing Jehovah’s bidding. They do his will even though they think they’re doing their own will.

It think it will have elements both of surprise and escalation.

Prophecy is best understood until after completion.

Aren't you two brothers forgetting something? Jehovah is going to put the thought into the nation's hearts, so no one is going to see it coming!

That DOES NOT mean that something has to happen to progress to the point where the UN turns on Christendom! It will happen SUDDENLY and will take the world by surprise! And apparently, some Christians will be surprised by the suddenness!

I believe is already in the minds and hearts of the world leaders.

With all the hatred of Muslims in "Christian" countries, perhaps there will be some major Christian on Muslim violence that demonstrates they are all the same as far as contributing to peace and security.

As well as all the hatred the Muslims have for ANY other religion in any country! 

Well, I was just trying to follow along the idea of something causing the political leaders to turn on Christendom. Everybody already knows about all the other hate. "Christians" at the moment are playing the good guys to the Muslims bad guys so they have to remind those in power that they are just as bad (they just know how to hide it better).

In the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE it was the Jewish Zealots (extremists) who triggered the Roman attack.  A lot of those in Jerusalem didn't agree with their course.  But it culimated in the standing of a disgusting thing in a holy place.

In Jehovah's eyes Christendom is reprehensible because she claims to represent God and has misled many, but perhaps something will be the "trigger".

Edited by ash_dawson

I know that in the publications it says that Christianity will be attacked first, but how do the brothers know ? We're is it based on ? Just wondering

I was always under the impression that all false religion would go down at the same time but that "Christianity" would be the most reprehensible part of it.  I picture her going down kicking and screaming, making them want to devastate her completely.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I have thought about this more within the last few years as things have changed so much in this world. I have the thought that they will be trying to destroy these obvious violent false religions and they will have trouble doing this so they will, in an effort to complete their mission because they have to accomplish their mission it's the world's leaders involved, they will just say all religion must be banned and it would be suddenly and without warning and people will think it's ok because the governments are doing it to get rid of the "bad" ones and have no choice...but then the affects will be felt afterwards. The laws around the world are all set on the basis of equality for justice. But this is only my thoughts and I could be wrong for sure.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I also think it's reasonable to expect an "infancy" stage that leads up to the destruction of Christendom and then the rest of BTG (Islam, Hinduism, etc.).

Yes, targeting extremist terrorist groups is not the same as targeting the entire religion. 

For example, the US Government targeted the Camp Davidians but didn't turn on all of Christendom or any other religion.  

That is true. It is also true with the attack on Warren Jefs' FLDS compound in Texas.

There is one interesting exception though that catches my attention: ISIS is far larger and more powerful than these extremist or fundamentalist groups and is garnering global attention with UN interaction.