JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

awake cover variations...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3461 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 And so to the Jews I became as a Jew,+ that I might gain Jews; to those under law I became as under law,+ though I myself am not under law,+ that I might gain those under law. 21 To those without law+ I became as without law,+although I am not without law toward God but under law+ toward Christ,+that I might gain those without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak.+ I have become all things to people of all sorts,+that I might by all means save some. 23 But I do all things for the sake of the good news, that I may become a sharer+ of it with [others].

The brothers even apply this to the pictures.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

This is from our Bethel trip in 2010.

Shawn, the first time I visited Bethel and saw that Awake in igbo (the one to the left of the lower row) I couldn't help taking a picture of it and sharing it with my friends to everyone's rejoice. "Teta" in Spanish means "boob". :lol: Ah, languages! :lol:

This is from our Bethel trip in 2010.

\o/

Yayyy, your picture [apparently from the tour/exhibition] features the Tigrinya edition of the Watchtower.

Although the generic African cover mostly seems to feature Nigerian/West African looking people/such attire [which varies greatly from the East African, eg. Tigrinya, Amharic], it is still very nice to see the Organization considering how needs vary across the globe. Some people could be much opposed if they only saw pictures in our publications featuring members of some other nations/races/colours. Since all nations and people are of equal worth to Jehovah, shouldn't we feel the same?

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

• 4 weeks later...

Shawn, the first time I visited Bethel and saw that Awake in igbo (the one to the left of the lower row) I couldn't help taking a picture of it and sharing it with my friends to everyone's rejoice. "Teta" in Spanish means "boob". :lol: Ah, languages! :lol:

I can picture a Babylonian the morning their languages changed getting into a fight because he was being called a boob. Lol