JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3440 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You need to wait and do not choose any language for several minutes because the app is still installing even though it says it's finished. Then, choose your primary language and wait a few more minutes. Same with the "learning" language. After waiting a few more minutes it should take you to the home page.

for all of us from other countries:

put first your language on your phone / tablet to one of the 18 languages in the app mentioned,

then install the app, choose the first language, wait until it is installed fully,

then choose the second language, wait again until it is installed fully,

and: normally spoken: it works!

[tried it by my own tablet]

greetings, Henk from Holland

You need to wait and do not choose any language for several minutes because the app is still installing even though it says it's finished. Then, choose your primary language and wait a few more minutes. Same with the "learning" language. After waiting a few more minutes it should take you to the home page.

I tried all possible combinations of actions both on my phone and tablet and it still freezes when I pick my primary language... It just gets a green background and nothing more... I let it stay like that all night and it is the same...

I have plenty of memory left and I even moved it to my sd card (tried not to move it also)

On my tablet it gets to install a common.zip and android.zip files and I wait long time before trying anything else

On my phone it freezes before that

Android 4.4 on tablet and 4.3 on phone

I tried also to pick several other primary languages but the app had detected the Portuguese as the main language. Maybe the problem there, will try to change my regional settings, install and change back again

Enviado do meu G630-U10 através de Tapatalk

Hi when I try it says choose a primary language but only has lines but nothing else

Go to settings on your machine then general then language and region and change it from English UK as the primary device language to just English.

That works for now. if you change it back to UK English after setting up the app it still seems to work fine.

Dear friends, I am having trouble downloading this app successfully. When I install it and tap on the language of my choice, after the download is complete when I tap it, it still takes me back to the screen showing the the different language choices and nothing happens when i tap the screen. Is there something I am not doing?

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

got it working on my iPhone. Changed my primary device language from UK English to plain English and now I can see the list of languages in the app.

Yes, likewise.  Changed from British English to English et voila!

The challenge is loading and using it on the iphone and the samsung tablet, os and android.  Have to use both sides of the brain for this!!

Enjoy brothers and sisters! Thank you Jehovah :ecstatic:

I just loaded it on my phone, which it wouldn't do last night. This time I waited for the primary language to load, it took a long time for the faint green line in the background of the dark green bar to go all the way to the right, then it automatically took me to the "choose which language you want to learn" page and after I chose one, it took another LONG time for the green bar to completely fill in and it was hard to see, the two colors are very close. After it finished, it took me to the home page.

I wish I had more help to offer.

I just loaded it on my phone, which it wouldn't do last night. This time I waited for the primary language to load, it took a long time for the faint green line in the background of the dark green bar to go all the way to the right, then it automatically took me to the "choose which language you want to learn" page and after I chose one, it took another LONG time for the green bar to completely fill in and it was hard to see, the two colors are very close. After it finished, it took me to the home page.

I wish I had more help to offer.

This is exactly how it did for me on Windows 8

Yes, I changed my mobile tho English and now the app is downloading a large file de.zip.

I believe this is the way to solve the problem.

Initially the JW Language app blocked in the initial screen not letting to select the Primary Language.

In my iPad I changed from Portuguese to English and the app start working.

Then I could download the primary language (slowly), the Language you are Learning (slowly).

Afterwards, changed back the IOS to Portuguese and it worked.

Go to settings on your machine then general then language and region and change it from English UK as the primary device language to just English.

That works for now. if you change it back to UK English after setting up the app it still seems to work fine.

That worked for me.  Let's hope they sort that out in a future fix.  There are loads of people I know with the same problem

@Maureen yes it can do more.

You select the language you like to load on. Then go to the little green icon on the right.A# then select your choice to use. It will only do english & another lang. But you can choose either. Hope it helps. Auveior.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Can it do more than one learning language.

Primary : English

Other : French and Turkish

As long as you have space you can have all the languages at the same time. Just press the upper rightmost icon (with a Chinese character) and the list of languages will come out. The first time after installation you will have only one 2nd language. Then you will be clicking on the next one and it will download additional languages. After that when you click the referred icon you just switch languages easily and will return to the exact same sentence you where in
Edited by jayrtom