JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3410 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have a Roku but when I try to add it I get a message saying "Oops, It seams there are no Roku players linked to your account that support this channel. Check out our latest selection of Roku players"

Seems my Player is to old to play this channel for some reason? This channel must use some feature my Roku does not support.... Or they are just wanting me to buy a more expensive Roku. I not know of a reason a newer higher end Roku would be needed for this channel.

I do not want to spend another $40 on another Roku player. I would rather get a chrome-stick for its features. I know it would work there as it is also a web device with a browser

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

Most likely everything will be pre-recorded on  tv.jw.org  for now   ...   Live may come later.

If someone figures out how to get it on Apple TV please let us know, thank you.

There wont be an app for apple tv until Apple allow 3rd party apps

BUT ! ..If you have an Apple device you can just airplay it to the Apple TV. That's what I do with the Caleb videos for my kids. Looks great at 720p on the TV

just typed the web address in my browser on my phone - Galaxy S5 and it comes up just fine. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

There's some great information on jw.org about JW Broadcasting including some very helpful tutorials. The coming soon section should be particularly interesting for those wanting to view JW Broadcasting on their TVs (Roku 1-3 and the stick are already supported as previously noted):

Coming Soon
Support for Roku devices older than the Roku 1.
Support for the Yahoo! Connected TV platform, which runs on various internet-enabled Smart TVs, DVD players, Blu-ray players, and other devices.
Support for the Amazon Fire TV digital media player.

I have a Roku but when I try to add it I get a message saying "Oops, It seams there are no Roku players linked to your account that support this channel. Check out our latest selection of Roku players"

Seems my Player is to old to play this channel for some reason? This channel must use some feature my Roku does not support.... Or they are just wanting me to buy a more expensive Roku. I not know of a reason a newer higher end Roku would be needed for this channel.

I do not want to spend another $40 on another Roku player. I would rather get a chrome-stick for its features. I know it would work there as it is also a web device with a browser

I did a LiveChat with Roku and they sad that my Roku XD Model 2050X is not compatible with the JW Broadcast channel. However I had his assurance that the Roku LT would work. It costs $39.99. I definitely did not want to have to buy one of their more expensive models. Just thought I would share my experience with my Roku with others I hope it helps. PS: Yes I too LOVE watching the new channel on my PC browser,

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)