JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ebola Spreading :

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3427 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sorry, but my view is better safe than sorry. And the nurse there was released and she agreed to staying inside her home for the remainder of the time and she ended up going on a bike ride throughout her neighborhood and being caught, so people lying and being selfish about their wants is how this will spread. They know before they go and they should respect that they will need to quarantine themselves afterwards...just how it is. If this does not happen then it will spread because of selfish tendencies of man unfortunately...but US military is over there now along with other countries so there isn't as much of a need as before. It is truly awful how Satan rules this system. Let your kingdom come....

Sorry, but my view is better safe than sorry.

In a paper gown, in an unheated tent, in freezing temperatures?

Safe would be confining her to a sealed hospital room, keeping her outside in those conditions is a death sentence.

And I stand by my original point, if these volunteers are only going to be greeted with deadly conditions when they get home, I don't expect anyone else to sign up to help out in Africa.

I have to agree with that because the least they could do is have appropriate rooming coordinated before forcing them to adhere. You are right on the other point too not as many will want to go...have you heard that they are right now trying out the ebola immunization in Switzerland and a couple other countries including US and they are using it right now on humans...it could be used right away in Africa if it is deemed safe. A nurse was taking the injection on the news tonight and she said it would completely change things. They also mentioned that this last month there was a decrease in the number of those infected with ebola in Africa...all good news really.

I have the whole family started on good vitamins with extra vitamin C and so far so good, we have avoided the colds that some others have had in e congregations...anyone else find that they have benefited from increased vitamin c? Just curious...

I wish. It's a running joke in my family that if I take vitamin c I catch colds all the time. I still catch colds without adding vitamin c to my daily intake but get over them quicker.

This is not a joke. I cannot take vitamin c supplements. Grrrr.

WARNING! SARCASM ALERT!

Phew, finally new numbers on wikipedia. They are very comforting.

Between last Wednesday and last Sunday, overall 500 cases have miraculously disappeared, not to mention hardly any new cases, eh?

Not to mention that a total of 140 individuals who earlier were thought to have died of Ebola now seem miraculously resurrected.

This is great news! According to these new numbers, the Ebola situation in West Africa is now under control!

/sarcasm off

I can't believe all these figures. They make absolutely zero sense.

The panic in Dallas/Ft.Worth started September 30, here we are on November 7 this is the new news story:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/Officials-Hours-From-Declaring-Dallas-Ebola-Free-281898811.html

North Texas is hours away from officially being declared Ebola-free, capping 38 days of monitoring touched off when the nation's first patient was diagnosed in Dallas with the deadly virus.  The last person being monitored for symptoms of the virus will be cleared Friday night, Dallas officials said.   The crisis began when Thomas Eric Duncan tested positive for the virus Sept. 30. He died 10 days later at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.    Texas Christian University graduate Nina Pham, one of the nurses who cared for Duncan, tested positive for the virus Oct. 11. Amber Vinson, her colleague who also treated Duncan, tested positive for the virus four days later. Both have since recovered.

What's is really frustrating is how the media spread so much panic down here over this.  It was so crazy when this all got started.  So glad it appears to be done.

Yes, I'm so glad they made a big deal about it so that people did not run around spreading it even though some were restrictive it saved a big outbreak of that disease. We should be more concerned with the flu it seems according to the cdc it causes more deaths than I realized. It is serious for some who might get sick. We should do our part in not spreading things when we are sick and maybe this flu will be history too. They said on the news that because of huge scare of ebola there are going to be lower numbers of people getting flu this year. Interesting.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/flu-outbreaks-economic-cost-ebola/

Yes, I'm so glad they made a big deal about it so that people did not run around spreading it even though some were restrictive it saved a big outbreak of that disease.

No, the panic the media cause down here was way, way overblown.  People down here were running around with false info about Ebola, freaking out, etc.  The media down here caused a panic that was completely unnecessary.

I'm all for taking precautions, but a society in a panic is not a good thing.  When people down here started loading up on more guns and ammunition preparing for martial law all because of the  media making a situation worse then it was, no that is never a good thing.

Now that is a different situation for sure. Precaution yes, crazy no!

And the blame for this falls squarely on the media.

The media is too report facts and be balanced.  Sadly in the day we live with all the media outlets on tv, radio, internet, and 24/7 news, the media creates hysteria that is simply not necessary.  They get fixated on a story and bombard the news waves with the story, and people hear the hysteria 24/7 and then they get crazy.

It's not good.

Oh, I completely agree! It is all about the dollar, the more people they get to watch sensational reports the more ratings and commercial support money...so sad because everything in the this world is about money and control. It will be so shocking to be in the new system when we don't have any of this I can't imagine how much stress we are actually dealing with that will be gone then. We are so used to dealing with it we don't register our stress levels as high anymore, it's normal life. Isn't it such a relief to actually walk into the conventions and take your seat, the world outside melts away...so different with Jehovah and his people...

• 4 weeks later...

This video has some interesting facts.

I know that the sound in the background of his videos creates an uneasy feel but his videos are generally well thought out and well researched. Although mostly with a political background, this one is just about the outbreak and the virus itself.

The Ebola roller coaster ride isn't over yet. It seems like it'll be another year or two until we really know how dangerous Ebola really turned out to be.

http://stormcloudsgathering.com/fear-lies-evidence