JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Downloading to SD card

I would like information on how to download or move things such as videos or apps to an sd card. My tablet is an android with google play with only 8gb of internal memory and I have added a 16gb sd card. When I download something and there is not enough room on my 8gb of internal memory, I can't figure out how to put it on my sd card,

Thanks, Mike

I would like information on how to download or move things such as videos or apps to an sd card. My tablet is an android with google play with only 8gb of internal memory and I have added a 16gb sd card. When I download something and there is not enough room on my 8gb of internal memory, I can't figure out how to put it on my sd card,

Thanks, Mike

It depends on the version of your android...

If it is 4.4 you can't choose to install app's on the sd card. But depending on how the developer made the app it can detect the sd card and save some files there automatically. For example google maps saves all the cash on the sd card and spotify saves the musics to the sd card

For all versions prior to that you can move the installed apps to the sd card although it is not adviced to do for widgets or apps that require to be allays on

The best way to deal with this is installing this app (clean master). It will ask you every time you install something if you want to move to the sd card (it will do other useful things also)

In relation to data, movies, pics, etc... you just use a file manager to move the files around. My recomendation is this app that I think is the best (Solid Explorer)