JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

iPad in the ministry

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3435 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What kind of iPad do you prefer to use in the ministry ?

A. 9.7 full size

B. Mini

My iPad is getting heavy ha ha. And I am considering buying mini please let me know your thoughts and suggestions thanks

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I only have a large iPad so I don't have a choice, but my wife prefers her mini precisely because of the weight issue.

I realised that I had 3 copies of the Insight books on my iPad, in iSilo, Equipd and the JW Library app, but removing 2 didn't seem to lighten it very much.

I like the larger screen, and taking my iPad and a few tracts in the ministry has been easier for me.

I am a fan of Samsung Note 3.

its a mini. With a mobile. Fits the pocket. Holds 64 gigs...i have JW library plus JW language.

..I have found it handy using it .. like for showing the videos to mums & Drs at school.

I have been able to take notes at our convention this week.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Any 7-8 inch tablet in my opinion is superior in the ministry. It's light and easy. But of course if you're comparing an iPad 2 to an iPad Air... well get the iPad Air or at least compare the weights.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Thankfully Apple put the iPad on a diet. The new iPad is a full ounce slimmer.

Costco put ALL of the retina iPads on sale 32 and 64 in the $300's, because the new ones just got released.    ...    http://www.costco.com/ipad.html

iOS upgrades today! 

***   iOS 8.1 is available for the iPad and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now.  ***

Edited by timpin

I'm using my nexus 7 2012 in moko slim case along with my oontz angle bluetooth speaker. I personally didn't want to use my larger nexus 10. I've dropped by mistake my nexus 7 and glad the case protected it perfectly. I'll sacrifice the $160 investment rather than $600 one. Lol ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

iOS upgrades today! 

***   iOS 8.1 is available for the iPad and the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now.  ***

I think I'll hold off until the dust settles! After the problems with 8 and 8.02, it may be a while before Apple sort themselves out. I have so many problems with Safari, I've downloaded Chrome now.

I think I'll hold off until the dust settles! After the problems with 8 and 8.02, it may be a while before Apple sort themselves out. I have so many problems with Safari, I've downloaded Chrome now.

From your mouth keyboard to Apples ears . There is now an 8.1 update (with "bug fixes" and such).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I find my iPad a bit too big ( 4 Yrs. old) .....but nice for video's. I'm hoping to get something new soon either the slimmed down version or mini ....but of course they make you wait so I will just make do until they upgrade the mini and then make my decision. Big marketing strata I'm sure! I like the larger one in one way because my magazines fit nicely in the iPad case.

Most of the sisters I work with have the mini . They seem quit adequate and the girls love it......we are showing the video at almost every door now. Training my RV that this visit has another video to show. Especially popular are the Caleb and Sophie Videos with parents!

They tell me animation is exceptional :) a lot of very positive comments.

Daily worship with Chromecast! ☺

post-4555-0-62944700-1414848297_thumb.jp

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible