JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"All Things New" EK Jonathan - book (SPOILERS)

I contacted EK Jonathan offering to translate his book "All Things New" into Spanish. He has agreed and sent me the text so that I can work with more ease.

I don't know how long it will take me but I hope in a few months Spanish-speaking friends will be able to enjoy this book too. I'm excited! :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2014 at 10:20 AM, trottigy said:

I loved this scene in one of the opening chapters where he is getting his first assignment and they are at a Wal-Mart or something and eating hot dogs from a grill that they went in and got as the store is now "open".

After a few paragraphs they talk about eating the "left-over" stuff from the "old world" and how when the spam finally ran out - no one missed it.

:lol1:

Good stuff. I hope there will be some stores left - maybe some with a little mountain dew still left  :drink:  :wave:  

LOL! Spam! I have to go and read this book. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 2 months later...

I'm also reading this book and it's good to see that someone took time to write his thoughts on paper.

I know that it's on everyone 's own perception how things could be in the End Days. I was reading about Abdel and thought it would be a very good chapter... but then it collapsed... a lot about his uncle preperaring a bomb, not much about how he learned the truth. And one thing I think is strange about this story is: A man becomes an extremist and on the moment that he wants to complete his act and kill dozens of men.... Jehovah's day comes and saves the man? That's a very strange perception of Jehovah's justice.

I still love the book and like to read it... but you must certainly keep in mind that this is the perception of the writer and how he thinks it could be.

Did anyone else had trouble with this chapter?

Edited by skipdaflip

2 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

I'm also reading this book and it's good to see that someone took time to write his thoughts on paper.

I know that it's on everyone 's own perception how things could be in the End Days. I was reading about Abdel and thought it would be a very good chapter... but then it collapsed... a lot about his uncle preperaring a bomb, not much about how he learned the truth. And one thing I think is strange about this story is: A man becomes an extremist and on the moment that he wants to complete his act and kill dozens of men.... Jehovah's day comes and saves the man? That's a very strange perception of Jehovah's justice.

I still love the book and like to read it... but you must certainly keep in mind that this is the perception of the writer and how he thinks it could be.

Did anyone else had trouble with this chapter?

Jehovah sees what is in peoples' hearts.  The author obviously wants the reader to realize

that there must have been something in this man's heart that made him worth saving...in Jehovah's eyes, anyway. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

20 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Jehovah sees what is in peoples' hearts.  The author obviously wants the reader to realize

that there must have been something in this man's heart that made him worth saving...in Jehovah's eyes, anyway. ^_^

This was my reaction, too.  

(Ecclesiastes 7:7) But oppression can drive the wise one into madness...  

Some people who turn to violence are reacting out of feeling oppressed and they don't know the way out. Their heart is good, they just don't see what the best way forward is.  The road to Hell is paved in good intentions.

I thought of that. And I certainly think we will be surprised in many ways. That there will be persons we didn't expect to be there. Because we can 't see what's in their hearts. What drives them. But in this story I had troubles with it. But perhaps it's a good way to learn that we can never judge the way Jehovah judge people. :D

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2017 at 9:52 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

You certainly oversee something over here....

Jehovah sees what's in peoples hearts, but he also got the book of life. And the name of the ones who are accepted are written in there. When will this book close?

This book will be closed before Armageddon in the Great Tribulation. Somewhere before we go out with the judgement message it will be closed.

When this book is closed, no one can turn to Jehovah anymore. Even for us it could be too late if we haven't changed ourselves to Jehovah's living standards.

What did the uncle do at the moment that the angels blew the trumpets? Well he wanted to blow up a lot of people in course of his God 'Allah'... could this man really be saved? Well, he didn't accept Jehovah before the Judgement message. And after this message the book is certainly closed. Besides of that... he didn't loved his enemy.

He showed a lot of things Jehovah hates... So what could be found in this man's heart besides of his hate against his Neighbours that will move Jehovah to save him?

Jehovah certainly will look in a mans heart. But this mans already showed his heart by his deeds. So, no... this chapter is not possible. I'm sorry...

This doesn't mean that there wouldn't be any non Jehovah witnesses in paradise after Armageddon. Because I know that there are also some Christians that try to live by Gods standards. And I always try to imagine what I should do if I found a religion and really think that this religion is the truth. (Satan is putting a veil over this world). If a Jehovah witness would come to my door, then I don't think I would discuss with those people either. Because I really think I found the truth already. Also the ones that hasn't been reached by us are the ones their heart will be searched by Jehovah. But we must not forget that it is Jehovah who will draws the person to him.

John 6:44

No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So... if someone is sincere and really looking for God, and we will get to this persons door. Then it is Jehovah who will draws him...

The heart of a person can only be opened from the inside (the WT explained this in an article)... Jehovah will search his heart only if this person opens this door from his heart. (even if it is opened a little bit). If a door from the heart is closed, then it will not be searched by Jehovah.

Well, with all this information it is hard for me to believe that a person, after the Judgement message at Armageddon will be saved if:

1. this persons heart hasn't been reached
  2. the persons shows his heart through his deeds (which are not good)
  3. the book of life has already been closed

39 minutes ago, skipdaflip said:

Well, he didn't accept Jehovah before the Judgement message. And after this message the book is certainly closed.

No, we don't know that with any certainty. The Bible doesn't say when the book is closed. We know it will be closed at some point, but we don't have any idea of when. It could be any time from the beginning of Babylon's destruction to the very minute when Armageddon starts. Never forget that Jehovah doesn't want to destroy anyone. If someone you love repents sincerely in the last minute, wouldn't you be glad that that person is saved? Jehovah feels the same.

Besides, since Jesus said that we would never reach all people with our message, it seems very likely that some people who haven't ever heard the Truth will be spared the destruction somehow. Obviously those people wouldn't be doing God's will or cultivatign Christian qualities since they never learned about them.

I know how you felt, skipdaflip, and agree with you.

I also understand that others say, that author wanted to write Jehovah sees what it is in people's heart.

This is just a novel, right?
Is it worth to discuss "can believe or cannot believe "?

I don't care there are some stories that I feel hard to believe their possibilities. I just think, "ah, he thought like this, but I don't ".

I think it's waste of time to think about each story can be believed or not.

Jehovah always does what beyond our imagination, so I'm long to see his awe-inspiring work in the future.

On that Day, we will see our God answers lots of our questions we have now and praise Him from bottom of our heart.

Till then, let's enjoy these stories just as stories.
We don't have to take them so seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Do you really understand what you are reading?"

"How could I, unless someone explains it to me? Look, a body of water! What prevents me from getting baptized?"

You can reach someone's heart before their brain learns a single thing.

8 hours ago, Aya said:

Till then, let's enjoy these stories just as stories.
We don't have to take them so seriously.

Exactly. We're not opening new scrolls, here. (Though, that would be awesome too.)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought the hard copies. Read the first one but couldn't get into the second one.

I have offered to send all three to anyone who wants them, but no takers yet. Actually, Dilip was interested but it seems daunting ( expensive) to ship to India.

These would probably interest the 'old school' type, since the digital version is readily available.

2 hours ago, CouveBro said:

I just downloaded the pdf version. I couldn't find the epub in my app. I'm having a hard time working and not wanting to read it.  The first few pages got me hooked! Really love picturing myself there. Can't wait to get through the rest. Thanks for the recommendation!

Brother, you will enjoy his books.  I am on my third one, "The Unrighteous".  I truly had not thought much about those people being resurrected or what it may be like.  My mind is buzzing now.  

On 3/23/2017 at 5:38 AM, carlos said:

I contacted EK Jonathan offering to translate his book "All Things New" into Spanish. He has agreed and sent me the text so that I can work with more ease.

I don't know how long it will take me but I hope in a few months Spanish-speaking friends will be able to enjoy this book too. I'm excited! :)

Hello my brother. A "few months" have passed 😉

Any update on your selfless work in translating "All Things New" into Spanish? 

13 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Any update on your selfless work in translating "All Things New" into Spanish? 

Hola, Enrique. I'm still working on it. I can only dedicate some minutes to it now and then.

Thank you for the interest. :)

Edited by carlos

On 5/14/2018 at 2:04 PM, Good-O said:

Brother, you will enjoy his books.  I am on my third one, "The Unrighteous".  I truly had not thought much about those people being resurrected or what it may be like.  My mind is buzzing now.  

I'm looking forward to reading his others.  The thoughts and feelings these stories are making me feel. I can't even explain. I passed the link along to my sister and she said after the prologue and first page she had to put it down or she wouldn't have got any work done. haha I said I know the feeling. 

2 hours ago, CouveBro said:

I'm looking forward to reading his others.  The thoughts and feelings these stories are making me feel. I can't even explain. I passed the link along to my sister and she said after the prologue and first page she had to put it down or she wouldn't have got any work done. haha I said I know the feeling. 

Me too!  I have to make sure my Theocratic reading, service, etc and house work is all done - Then, I sit and read!  So far so good.  Enjoy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since I do most of my recreational reading with audio books - I might just wait until the audio version is available

:idea:   Maybe someone who reads well should offer to record it like some have offered to translate it :yes: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• trottigy changed the title to "All Things New" EK Jonathan - book (SPOILERS)