JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gas Prices plummeted.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3406 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We were at $1.35 a liter and the price dropped to about $1.12 to $1.15 and liter. What a nice price break that is. Tomorrow I am going to fill up all of my spare gas cans. Wish I had a 50 gallon drum to fill up.

For those that are wonder what that is in U.S. it works like this. 

1 U.S. gallon is 3.98 liters. So about 4 liters per gallon.  take $1.35 and multiply by 4 and you get about $5.40 a Gallon. Fill your car up at that price.

Drop that down to $1.15 and we are paying $4.60 a gallon. That doesn't take into account the exchange rate with the difference in the gallon to 4 liters it most likely would take that into account. 

I have an 08 Honda Ridgeline it was taking about $100 to fill it up. That dropped to almost $85 a fill.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

This is one of those interesting paradoxes - isn't it.

As the US dollar - the oil reserve currency - gets stronger, oil prices usually go down - as the dollar is worth more it buys more - prices go down - in the US. But exports from the US to other countries then become more expensive - making the US export less and import more.

We are seeing the dollar getting stronger - which initially sounds good. But like everything in the crazy world - there is always a down side - http://www.cnbc.com/id/102043023  - but there are also matching upsides.

Interest rates typically go up - good for those saving and relying on that return - bad for ones trying to buy a house. Gold usually goes down - good for those buying bad for those who have invested in it.

What a crazy world we live in, eh?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Good gas is $3.59 cash $3.79 credit/debit in SoCal. Arco/BP (our cheap gas) should be even cheaper. 

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Shouldn't our utilities cost go down...mine sure isn't.

I heard a statement from my local utility provider. They said prices wouldn't go down bc they already had a "stockpile" of higher priced energy they had to unload first! How greedy. So once they unload it, do u think they are going to start selling us the cheaper "stockpile"? I won't hold my breathe.

I have a 1200 Sq ft house. Tiny. My bill was $274 last month. And I'm constantly running around turning off lights. I use it, but I don't think I'm using it that much. Fridge, pc, 24/7. Everything else is just intermittent for maybe 4 or 5 hours a day. Ridiculous

Edited by User_123

Yup just this one thing alone. Not worrying about paying bills. That one thing alone gone. The amount of stress that will melt away from us will be wild.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I hope by December gas prices will drop down to $.89 a gallon. But I can settle for $1.50!

I remember paying .79 a gallon when I was in college one year. It was a good deal. I think it was normally around $1 at that time.

Paid 2.75 yesterday. Filled her up and a can.

Edited by User_123

Good, serves them right. They are one of the many who persecute our brother's over there and they deserve what they get. Hope it last till the G.T. and then the end of Russia, and all other human ruler ship of nations.

brother, we are not to judge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good, serves them right.  They are one of the many who persecute our brother's over there and they deserve what they get.  Hope it last till the G.T. and then the end of Russia, and all other human ruler ship of nations. 

Recessions don't affect only the small number of politicians, they affect everyone in the country, including the millions who have zero involvement in the persecution whatsoever. And then there's the extra hardship on our brothers and sisters who are already going through some very rough economic times, as well as making it harder for the congregations and branch facilities to buy necessary goods and services at an inflated rate.

The political struggle in the world isn't "good vs evil", there is no side to root for or against, all the rulers are just unwitting puppets of Satan and his demons, and a few may yet still find the truth. Satan isn't affected by the economy at all, nor any other political or social ailment, so we should be very cautious about how we view things that only bring harm to our potential brothers and sisters.