JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WARNING... Jwpodcast is a known apostate site

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3442 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Some have made inquiries as to the source of this new site

Known apostates are running and contributors to that site .

Need we say more ...

1 John 2:19

They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But they went out so that it might be shown that not all are of our sort.

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

You can tell that just by reading the garbage on the first page. Should not have to ask about who runs the thing. But thanks for letting us know for sure.

I really find it funny that they never come right out and say what their beef is. They always hide it in innuendo and half truths. Hiding the true meaning of what they are saying. Bunch of cowards is what they are.

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Haven't heard of the site previously.

Isaiah 54:17 " No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah."

They won't stop trying but as we know they won't succeed. They fail to see they are powerless against Jehovah.

. . .

They won't stop trying but as we know they won't succeed. They fail to see they are powerless against Jehovah.

They just keep bashing their heads against the wall, and they still don't get what they're looking for. Then they go back for more head-bashing. You'd think they would know by now that there's a brick wall in front of them.

I noticed a question on Yahoo Answers which turned out to be a veiled advertisement for the site. I went to see if this was something from my brothers. It looks like and is even colored like jw.org. But one of its webmasters is called Apostate Girl. And it says that it has nothing to do with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, and it is offering Jehovah's witnesses"new insights" about their religion.
They are advertising this on Yahoo Answers - Religion and Spirituality, and will not allow anyone who is known to be a Witness to post anything about it - how they do that, I don't know, but they did.  (Believe me- I sure tried to warn everyone, but the only responding postings allowed are positive about the site or negative about our brothers)

Someone on my FB posted a similar warning featuring that site's logo, a badly veiled though as it seemed to be the site's own gleeing advertisement for their rubbish. On the basis of that, I hope those idiots would be sued in case the jw.org sign/logo is in any way protected.

Unfortunately I have many times gotten very upset at the drivel these haughty and obnoxious Satan's little helpers have gotten published at certain respectable media outlets. Of course that is what their aim is, to get us all worked up and distract from the vital Kingdom preaching work. The honest-hearted people will still listen, despite any smearing campaign/s.

Oh let the Kingdom come. All those against it will have to be responsible for their attitude and actions. In order to be protected from these ravenous wolves, I personally need to remind myself more than ever how ~"revenge is mine, says Jehovah of armies."

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

I also hope that legal action can be taken against them as it is blatantly set up to confuse by using similar logo and colours etc.

The perfect reason why we MUST follow what we are told regarding the use of the logo regardless of our reasons.

Why aid them by giving them arguments that others can use similar logos on things with no recourse...

Apostates are boring, mentally diseased, repetitive, full of hate and have terrible reasoning and logical powers. It is such a shame people are gullible enough to listen to them!

:snoring:  Thanks for the warning but it is pretty obvious straight from the off what and who (jwpodcast) are.

Think there is an App called jw podcast that actually isn't associated with them though. Not sure i would use it though as i have everything i need at the moment.

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Think there is an App called jw podcast that actually isn't associated with them though. Not sure i would use it though as i have everything i need at the moment.

Yes, there is an app with that exact name. I had it installed and it seemed to be a good app.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the aforementioned site

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jw.org.podcast.english

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why aid them by giving them arguments that others can use similar logos on things with no recourse...

Exactly.

Trademark protection can only succeed if the owner can prove that they actively protect the trademark. And if those selling buttons for profit are allowed to continue, these apostates can easily point to those sites and claim "abandoned trademark", and win the case.

When the legal department starts preparing a case, we may get a letter or KM section regarding using the JW.org logo on personal items. If that instruction comes, we MUST follow it if we want our brothers to win the case and take back the logo.

It's in the process of becoming trademarked, but part of that process is proving to the USPTO that the trademark is being actively protected.

I heard this as well from a good friend at Bethel, although she said the first couple of attempts at registering the trademark have been rejected by the USPTO.