JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

City of Ottawa is on Lock Down.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3443 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A gun man entered parliament hill got into hall of heroes and was shooting people. There was one security guard injured and one soldier was shot and injured.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2065440 

One of the Gunmen was shot and is now dead. They are still possibly 2 or more roaming the city. All of the Canadian forces bases in Canada and around the world are on lock down. That includes all embassies.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

They do not know if its a terrorist attack or just some whack job that got his hands on a gun. This is the first time ever that someone has attacked our Parliament buildings. 

Glut of online gloating over what has happened In Ottawa and the Killing of a military person on Quebec last week. This is in fact the first time an attack of this type has ever taken place in Canada. Its incredible to see the reactions of the officials. 

This article states it was a recent Islamic convert and they had already identified him as a possible terror risk. It brings out there are likely more that could try to carry out lone attacks throughout the area because of the country's support for the US attack on the isil group. Very sad part of these last days. The text for today is so fitting and timely for what we are seeing and living in which is changing rapidly these days everywhere on earth.

Daily text pointed out, Now is not the time to “waver in a lack of faith”; it is the time to become powerful by faith. May we never fall into the snare of thinking that “all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/canada/11181394/Soldier-killed-as-gunman-brings-terror-to-Canadian-Parliament.html

Man they took the corporal back home to Hamilton. Can you ever see Nationalism ramping up with this. You can see it growing right before our eyes. Incredible. Saying he was Canada's son and they always thought Canada was the best place to live and everyone proved it today. 

See along the 401 its the main corridor between Quebec and Windsor. They renamed it Highway of Heroes during the Iraq war. When a solder died they would stand along the highway and on the overpasses. Today was a record turn out. It is wild to see this happen. Its like you are turning up the volume on a stereo and at the same time turning up the rhetoric and Nationalistic Fever. 

Funny that you noticed this because we went to an amusement park a couple weeks ago, before one of the animal shows began they had a national anthem, pledge of allegiance, and they had all those in the audience who were armed forces to stand and they asked everyone to show their honor for them, but they did not stop there, they then announced please could not only US military stand but also any of our allies from around the world....change is happening right now in this regard it is a uniting going on like I have never seen before. Honestly this was not the first time to this park or show and this was the first time they wanted everyone to honor military allies from other nations...something has changed with this UN backed coalition of nations attacking ISIL...

I saw an interview with someone who " just had to bring her daughter to see as this man died to save us"

I could not help think about someone who really died for her and all of us. I wonder if she would do anything to make sure her daughter knows that as well....

As I live in the city that is full of memorials of all possible sorts and kinds, I always think the same.

(Sometimes I even said that aloud) :o 

Funny that you noticed this because we went to an amusement park a couple weeks ago, before one of the animal shows began they had a national anthem, pledge of allegiance, and they had all those in the audience who were armed forces to stand and they asked everyone to show their honor for them, but they did not stop there, they then announced please could not only US military stand but also any of our allies from around the world....change is happening right now in this regard it is a uniting going on like I have never seen before. Honestly this was not the first time to this park or show and this was the first time they wanted everyone to honor military allies from other nations...something has changed with this UN backed coalition of nations attacking ISIL...

Interesting observation!

Recent Adjustment:    ??   ...    http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/17289-gog-updated-understanding-annual-meeting/

Where else have you recently heard of the term " coalition of nations "   ...   perhaps the gog of magog explanation in the final AM talk!

Edited by timpin

Yes, that is why the scenario came to mind. Jehovah always takes such great care of us in perfect time. Not only was this different but in line with this understanding and it made it very realistic for me to see.