JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Great app for studying in tablet

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3471 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since I am an iPad user I was using the publications in epub format within iBooks to study but was getting frustrated that the majority of times the format it displayed was not exactly as the Society’s hardcopies.

I then tried Equipd – while its good I was not totally comfortable with it.

Then a brother showed me GoodReader and I am hooked!  This app is amazing!  I export the publications directly from JW.org as pdf and they appear exactly as the hardcopy.  It allows you to study, insert notes, etc.  The only thing is that the scriptures are not directly linked – no problem – just look them up on the JW app copy and paste as a comment and you are good to go. 

You can even send things to a cloud like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, etc.

The only time I personally wouldn’t use this is if I am reading during the Wat or cong book study – then I would use iBooks epub version just because the brother told me the odd time his cut-and-paste of a scripture missed the last few words.  BUT, if you want the publications to look exactly the same, this is your app. 

Edited by Cheeks