JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3463 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For note taking I use Notability (it does audio recording simultaneously as you make notes). I have Equipd open at the Bible, and can easily switch apps, find the scripture, copy to clipboard, return to Notability and paste - often before the scripture has begun to be read.

For ministry and return visits I use Mytime app. It does what I need it to do.

Hope this helps.

I use Notes Plus that allow handwritten notes and audio recordings. Did so today with the circuit assembly.

Yep, I have checked the app ...looks interesting although need to fork out $12.99

Can you change paper background or is it just white ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yep, I have checked the app ...looks interesting although need to fork out $12.99

Can you change paper background or is it just white ?

They have a number of different backgrounds including lists and calendars in a variety of colors, not just white. Additionally, it uses a folders and notebook set up, so I have folders for each congregation meeting, along with folders for the CA and RC. Before the assemblies, I pre-enter the names of each talk so that I only need to take notes starting with the brother's name.

The only reason I bought this program, at a lower price since I've had it for years was because I like to write my notes out vs. typing them. If you plan to type, there are other choices that are free or less expensive.

I've included a sample of how it looks when I write my notes.

post-4839-0-30876800-1414273813_thumb.jp

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I've included a sample of how it looks when I write my notes.

Wow! Neat handwriting! Do you use a stylus? I have tried several brands and types of stylus, and have bought just about all the handwriting apps, but my handwriting still looks like it was done by a 5 year old. :)

If I'm going to record a talk I do it in a separate device otherwise I get the sound of screen tapping in my recording—and that gets annoying.

I have been using Editorial and have created some scripts that let me quickly jump to Equipd, then back to Editorial. I can copy and paste scriptures with an embedded link back to Equipd in a matter of seconds.

Just lately I've been trialling Drafts. It's not as functional as Editorial but I can use it as a fast "catch-all" note taker. I have some scripts that let me send Draft notes to a specific Evernote folder, or to Day One. It's great for talks, as well as noting announcements, or short notes when out in Field Service, etc.

I use a relatively inexpensive stylus called Musemee Notier V2. Here's the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Musemee-Notier-V2-Gray-Precision/dp/B00CA65AR0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414287900&sr=8-1&keywords=Musemee

There are more expensive options but this works perfectly for me.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I use a relatively inexpensive stylus called Musemee Notier V2. Here's the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Musemee-Notier-V2-Gray-Precision/dp/B00CA65AR0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414287900&sr=8-1&keywords=Musemee

There are more expensive options but this works perfectly for me.

Is there an option for a keyboard if you don't want to use stylus ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

REGIONAL CONVENTION 2014

Meet Some Who Are Seeking First The Kingdom

Matthew 6:33 "Keep on then seeking first the Kingdom......all these things will be added to you.

The Kingdom has been ruling for 100 yrs

Revelation 12:1-2 " A great sign in heaven......women, pregnant agony to give birth."

This women is Gods orginization in heaven. Crying out to give birth. Hard work.

Verse 3-4 " Another sign seen in heaven......fire dragon "

Satan wants to devour the child but Jehovah does not allow it. '

Matthew 24:7 " all these things a beginning of pangs of distress".

World is a mess .....God's Kingdom has begun it's rule.

Daniel establishes where we are in the stream of time.

Daniel 2:44-45 " Days of those kings.....kingdom never destroyed"

I just use Notes with an attached keyboard just for my Conventions. It fits on to my iPad and I set it on my knee and can take notes like the wind....... Above is a sample of the RC Notes.

Is there an option for a keyboard if you don't want to use stylus ?

Sure you can type your notes but there are cheaper options than Notes Plus. I specifically wanted to be able to capture handwritten notes, hence the purchase as there are few apps that truly capture handwritten notes.

I also use my hand-made stylus pen with those apps.

It is very easy to make and so cheap.

I have an expensive one but it's not as easy as the hand-made one to write with.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow ! How did you make one ! ? By the way in my cong we have a Japanese group and yesterday they had watchtower ( 42 in attendance !

Wow ! How did you make one ! ? By the way in my cong we have a Japanese group and yesterday they had watchtower ( 42 in attendance !

A Japanese group? Great! Are there many Japanese in your territory?

I've made my pen watching this YouTube movie.

I'm using potato chips packages, so far.

Thanks for the video. Very innovative!

We have a Japanese congregation too as there are many Japanese in Singapore.

I would be happy if this is useful for you!

I have heard that there are lot of Japanese in Singapore, and it's great that you have a congregation, really nice.

Great!! I am sure to try that!! Have been frustated to type on my tablet!!

If you have a Samsung tablet or phone you can use your finger to write and it will OCR the writing to text.

You just need to hold down on the T icon to the left of the space bar and select the T icon to open the writing space.

This works on my Samsung Note 2 phone and Tab Pro 8.4 tablet.

Edited by WilliamChew

If you have a Samsung tablet or phone you can use your finger to write and it will OCR the writing to text.

You just need to hold down on the T icon to the left of the space bar and select the T icon to open the writing space.

This works on my Samsung Note 2 phone and Tab Pro 8.4 tablet.

Sadly, I'm using Xiaomi mi pad, not samsung, and what is OCR? And, where is the T icon?

Anyway, I have an installed application to take notes on my LG smartphone and yes, I can use my finger to write... But, I'm afraid my index finger is not as precise as stylus pen... It's kind of another frustation...

Edited by ivy

:bouncing: