JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Illustration - urgency

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3434 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The story of told of three apprentice devils being trained by Satan. ‘What are you going to try today?’ asks the leader. The first apprentice replies, ‘I’m going to tell them there is no God.’ ‘Well,’ says Satan, ‘you can try. A few fools will believe you. But the universe shouts the existence of God. There is evidence all around and you’ll not do very well. Indeed, even in the secular twenty-first century you may find yourself witnessing the slow death of atheism. Any other ideas?’ The second apprentice tries this: ‘I’m going to tell them there’s no judgment.’ ‘That’s a better idea,’ says Satan. ‘You will persuade more people of that, But human beings have a gut sense of accountability, that actions have consequences. They know what it is to feel guilty even when there therapists tell them not to. So I think you’ll find it an uphill struggle. Anyone else have an idea?’ The third apprentice pipes up, ‘I’m going to tell them there’s no hurry.’ ‘Brilliant,’ says Satan. ‘That is just what you want to say. You will have great success. Let them listen to the word of God and whisper in their ears, “This is good stuff. One day you ought to do something about this. But tomorrow will do.

Do you have any other illustrations in relation to the theme of URGENCY ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I was reading a section of writing on the importance of name usage.

I can tie it in to urgency.

A man and several others have been the victim of a terrorist attack, the noise is deafening and there is confusion everywhere. A woman notices the man pick himself up, and begin to tend to others, she cries out 'doctor', he hears her and starts heading her way.

As he's nearing her he hears his own name 'David' coming from the lips of a neighhour.

But, as he continues to try to reach both these ones he hears something that stops him dead in his tracks. It is the thin, scared, voice of his son calling out 'Dad?'

Who will this one go to?

He will go to his children, always and every time. BECAUSE he is their Father. How important it is for us to show them how to form a relationship with their Father, so they can call him to be saved!

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

Both are excellent examples....

Do any of you have or heard the GB member (don't know which one) talk "The letter from Satan to his demoons?"

Our CO teased me about it 3 years ago but every time he comes he keep forgetting to let me hear off his MP3 player

It would be nice to hear about "Letter from Satan to demons"  ANYONE ???? :poke:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I have maybe something similar entitled "The Devil's Convention" but it's in storage. Sorry. When and if I ever get to going thru my stuff I'll be sure to get all that stuff out to share.

It's about Satan talking about all the ways he can distract us and do things to keep us from serving Jehovah.

It would be nice to hear about "Letter from Satan to demons"  ANYONE ???? :poke:

http://www.pcsgraphics.net/jwtalks/SpecialTalks/Schiller%20Jon%20-%20A%20Letter%20From%20Satan%20to%20the%20Demons.mp3

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16