JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Poll Finds Evangelicals’ Favorite Heresies

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3458 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Link:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/october-web-only/new-poll-finds-evangelicals-favorite-heresies.html

"Almost all evangelicals say they believe in the Trinity (96%) and that Jesus is fully human and fully divine (88%)."

I've talked to some who don't accept the later, but still affirm the Trinity.

"More than half (51%) said the Holy Spirit is a force, not a personal being. Seven percent weren’t sure, while only 42 percent affirmed that the Spirit is a person."

The most embarrassing one is this:

"only 6 percent of evangelicals think the Book of Mormon is a revelation from God, but an additional 18 percent aren’t sure and think it might be."

Edited by Jimspace

Interesting article. It brings up many questions. I hope the we know the answers. (We should.)

Quote: Salvation: Who Makes the First Move?

Human nature and salvation were other areas of confusion for respondents. Two out of three (68%) said that a person obtains peace with God by seeking God first, and then God responds with grace. A similar percentage (67%) said people have the ability to turn to God on the own initiative. Yet half (54%) also think salvation begins with God acting first. So which is it?

/quote

Your answer please.

Quote:

More than half of survey participants (55%) said people have to contribute to their own salvation. This, however, is a debated issue. Some Christians—such as Roman Catholics, Orthodox, and certain Protestants—believe humans cooperate with God’s grace in salvation. Others believe our efforts can contribute nothing,

/quote

Your answer please.

I'll let our you answer for now. (What a cop out!)

"More than half (51%) said the Holy Spirit is a force, not a personal being. Seven percent weren’t sure, while only 42 percent affirmed that the Spirit is a person."

That's interesting given that "Almost all evangelicals say they believe in the Trinity (96%)"

That's interesting given that "Almost all evangelicals say they believe in the Trinity (96%)"

Good catch! How in the world can they believe in the TRI-nity and deny their third person of it????????????  :?  :poke:

That was my thought too. Try asking them to tell you what they think the Trinity is. 99% of the time what they tell you isn't even a trinity. They don't even know what to tell you. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Interesting article. It brings up many questions. I hope the we know the answers. (We should.)

Quote: Salvation: Who Makes the First Move?

Human nature and salvation were other areas of confusion for respondents. Two out of three (68%) said that a person obtains peace with God by seeking God first, and then God responds with grace. A similar percentage (67%) said people have the ability to turn to God on the own initiative. Yet half (54%) also think salvation begins with God acting first. So which is it?

/quote

Your answer please.         Jehovah makes the first move by drawing us to him.

Quote:

More than half of survey participants (55%) said people have to contribute to their own salvation. This, however, is a debated issue. Some Christians—such as Roman Catholics, Orthodox, and certain Protestants—believe humans cooperate with God’s grace in salvation. Others believe our efforts can contribute nothing,

/quote

Your answer please.       Jesus sacrifice is our saving and available to all. of course we contribute through obedience, this shows our acceptance or rejection. That's how I see it.  

I'll let our you answer for now. (What a cop out!)         Looking forward to others answers.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: