JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

16 Personalities

I would've post it on the GAMES forum but couldn't start a thread to to my newbie access.....but didn't want to pass up the opportunity to share this. Where I work, I have new employees take this for fun and discuss the results - 1st I took it I was impressed on how spot on some of the information was....

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Post your result....and how you've been able to use your strengths and weaknesses in any aspect of Jehovah's will/organization   

Mine was INTP (for example purposes, I'm adding the "Strengths & Weaknesses" page if you can try to minimize the amount of info) 

INTP Strengths
  • Great Analysts and Abstract Thinkers - People with the INTP personality type view the world as a big, complex machine, and recognize that as with any machine, all parts are interrelated. INTPs excel in analyzing these connections, seeing how seemingly unrelated factors tie in with each other in ways that bewilder most other personality types.
  • Imaginative and Original - These connections are the product of an unrelenting imagination - INTPs' ideas may seem counter-intuitive at a glance, and may never even see the light of day, but they will always prove remarkable innovations.
  • Open-Minded - INTPs couldn't make these connections if they thought they knew it all - they are highly receptive to alternate theories, so long as they're supported by logic and facts. In more subjective matters like social norms and traditions, INTPs are usually fairly liberal, with a "none of my business" sort of attitude - peoples' ideas are what matter.
  • Enthusiastic - When a new idea piques their interest, INTPs can be very enthusiastic - they are a reserved personality type, but if another person shares an interest, they can be downright excited about discussing it. More likely though, the only outward evidence of this enthusiasm will be INTPs' silent pacing or their staring into the distance.
  • Objective - INTPs' analysis, creativity and open-mindedness aren't the tools of some quest for ideology or emotional validation. Rather, it's as though people with the INTP personality type are a conduit for the truths around them, so far as they can be expressed, and they are proud of this role as theoretical mediator.
  • Honest and Straightforward - To know one thing and say another would be terribly disingenuous - INTPs don't often go around intentionally hurting feelings, but they believe that the truth is the most important factor, and they expect that to be appreciated and reciprocated.
INTP Weaknesses
  • Very Private and Withdrawn - While INTPs' intellectualism yields many insights into their surroundings, their surroundings are ironically considered an intrusion on their thoughts. This is especially true with people - INTPs are quite shy in social settings. More complicated situations such as parties exacerbate this, but even close friends struggle to get into INTPs' hearts and minds.
  • Insensitive - Oftentimes INTP personalities get so caught up in their logic that they forget any kind of emotional consideration - they dismiss subjectivity as irrational and tradition as an attempt to bar much-needed progress. Purely emotional situations are often utterly puzzling to INTPs, and their lack of timely sympathy can easily offend.
  • Absent-minded - When INTPs' interest is captured, their absence goes beyond social matters to include the rest of the physical world. INTPs become forgetful, missing even the obvious if it's unrelated to their current infatuation, and they can even forget their own health, skipping meals and sleep as they muse.
  • Condescending - Attempts at connecting with others are often worse than INTPs' withdrawal. People with the INTP personality type take pride in their knowledge and rationale, and enjoy sharing their ideas, but in trying to explain how they got from A to B to Z, they can get frustrated, sometimes simplifying things to the point of insult as they struggle to gauge their conversation partners' perspective. The ultimate insult comes as INTPs give up with a dismissive "never mind".
  • Loathe Rules and Guidelines - These social struggles are partly a product of INTPs' desire to bypass the rules, of social conduct and otherwise. While this attitude helps INTPs' strength of unconventional creativity, it also causes them to reinvent the wheel constantly and to shun security in favor of autonomy in ways that can compromise both.
  • Second-Guess Themselves - INTPs remain so open to new information that they often never commit to a decision at all. This applies to their own skills as well - INTP personalities know that as they practice, they improve, and any work they do is second-best to what they could do. Unable to settle for this, INTPs sometimes delay their output indefinitely with constant revisions, sometimes even quitting before they ever begin.

Mine is ISFP.

:givehug: Hello, fellow ISFP!! The explanation quite true me, except about being artistic... :eek:  I don't think I have sense of art... Or maybe it's undiscovered talent in me?? Who knows... But, I always have admiration for people who can master any art...  I think I should try to learn one then... 

:bouncing:

"ENFJ - You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your determination, intuitive skills and ability to inspire other people."

I do not think a test can truly peg a person though. In different situations different qualities are needed.  

Example: I am happy to bend to others ways and would even prefer it when it is the best plan or one is as good as another.  Or even if is not the best plan I like to allow others to learn or I could be wrong and the other way may be best. However I will not bend if it goes against Jehovah principles.  It all depends.

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

I didn't take this particular test as I've been tested 4 or 5 times over the last 20 years and always come out as an INFJ.

Being an INFJ and an Aspi definitely makes life interesting.

I'm an INFJ wow it's says I'm rare! I have been called strange, weird and usually crazy lol ^_^ This quiz must be confused by my personality lol

This is a personality test. :) If memory serves me correctly, it's based on the Myers Briggs personality types.

Also from memory, INFJ's make up about 1% of the population. The great majority of that %1 are women, meaning that being a male INFJ is even rarer. :) Which is why I've done the test several times.

This is just a little about my personality...   So now you know a little more about me.   :wacko:
My Personality type is :
ESFJ
Variant:
Assertive
Role:
Sentinel

You are one of the Sentinels - a reliable and dedicated individual who respects traditions and prizes responsibility. You are known for your enthusiasm, social skills and caring nature.

Edited by A fellow servant

I was reluctant to share mine, but if you all can I guess I will. But there isn't anyone else so far like mine, and even though mine is 13% of the population I seldom see them. When I do I really like them. It's nice to know where you stand and ISTJ people let you know, some more gruff than others but at least you know. And their reliability and factual way of thinking is really appealing to me.

ISTJ-

my observation is that whenever one person is found adequate to the discharge of a duty... it is worse executed by two persons, and scarcely done at all if three or more are employed therein.
George Washington

The ISTJ personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make ISTJs a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the ISTJ personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do - when working towards a goal, ISTJs hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.  I thought this was ironic because my favorite 'sayings' on my profile is 'hurry up we're burning daylight!' And my favorite mantra for work is "get in, get done, get out". I guess I'm predictable.

ISTJs don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. ISTJ personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. ISTJs have little tolerance for indecisiveness, (which make patience with a householder a challenge) but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details - if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, ISTJs can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

So I have much to keep working on.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

greetings Cheryl, a fellow ISTJ :D

i too have plenty to work on :help:

there were however a few points:   'FOR IT IS BETTER TO BE ALONE THAN IN BAD COMPANY' (Jer 15:17)

and in closing:  'ISTJs will find that their stabilizing role is a tremendously satisfying one,

knowing that they are part of a system that works."  <<-----  our organization! :thumbsup:   :grouphug:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

greetings Cheryl, a fellow ISTJ :D

i too have plenty to work on :help:

there were however a few points:   'FOR IT IS BETTER TO BE ALONE THAN IN BAD COMPANY' (Jer 15:17)

and in closing:  'ISTJs will find that their stabilizing role is a tremendously satisfying one,

knowing that they are part of a system that works."  <<-----  our organization! :thumbsup:   :grouphug:

You said it Renee, I prefer to do things alone, I work hard and trust myself. And its not worth it to work with someone I don't respect or who is lazy or a complainer. Keep your head down and elbows up- people don't know what that means anymore.

And your closing was perfect too. When I work along side others who put in as much effort as I and are working toward the same goal with the same, (or close to it), energy I feel satisfied. This organization is a perfect example, despite the different personalities we keep going forward. "Forward you witnesses ever strong of heart, know that in Gods' work you too shall have a part" .  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I would've post it on the GAMES forum but couldn't start a thread to to my newbie access.....but didn't want to pass up the opportunity to share this. Where I work, I have new employees take this for fun and discuss the results - 1st I took it I was impressed on how spot on some of the information was....

Limited access members can't post in the Games forum because their posts need to be approved first.  The Games forum moves so fast that a new member would miss his turn before his post was approved.  

I'll move this to General Interest since it's not Alt News.

:givehug: Hello, fellow ISFP!! The explanation quite true me, except about being artistic... :eek:  I don't think I have sense of art... Or maybe it's undiscovered talent in me?? Who knows... But, I always have admiration for people who can master any art...  I think I should try to learn one then... 

The result for my second and third said that I am INFJ!!! How come it change?

:bouncing: