JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

William Tyndale Documentary

I have just watched a documentary on the program "Compass". It spoke of the life of William Tyndale and his efforts to translate the Bible into English. I particularly noted the emphasis on the hatred of the Catholic church and the King of England. While it does not bear his name,much of the King James bible was directly copied from Tyndale's work.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

On which channel

Sent from my LG-E988

This was Australia's ABC or Channel 2. But it possable may be also watched at

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/compass/#episode/RN1311H035S00

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Oh how I wish someone had a recording of a talk given by my old CO this past year. He used some charts  it chronicled the history of our revised edition back directly to the scrolls used in Jesus' day and back into the earliest writings of the prophets of old. It was ablsolutely fascinating.

I have limited notes as it progressed quickly as well as covered the distinction of versions VS translations.

If anyone heard this, has notes or (hold my breath) a recording I beg you to please share it with me if you can.

Oh how I wish someone had a recording of a talk given by my old CO this past year. He used some charts it chronicled the history of our revised edition back directly to the scrolls used in Jesus' day and back into the earliest writings of the prophets of old. It was ablsolutely fascinating.

I have limited notes as it progressed quickly as well as covered the distinction of versions VS translations.

If anyone heard this, has notes or (hold my breath) a recording I beg you to please share it with me if you can.

Where?, CO's name?, Title of the talk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't even think I have the correct title of the talk :( 

CO. Bro. Macfarland, Las Vegas. Sorry, it was like 2 years ago---where does the time go? I'll have to look up what bit of notes I do have to share and see if that may ring a few more bells.

Thanks Al!

I have a documentary about William Tyndale that I recorded off of my TV, I wonder if it's the same one Andrew speaks of. It was excellent, I have showed it to several friends who have come over. To me, it is clear that Jehovah used this brave man! We know even throughout the so called "dark ages", there have always been some of our anointed brothers working tirelessly to promote the Kingdom's interest! 

The one I have is titled "God's outlaw William Tyndale"

Edited by Musky

I have a documentary about William Tyndale that I recorded off of my TV, I wonder if it's the same one Andrew speaks of. It was excellent, I have showed it to several friends who have come over. To me, it is clear that Jehovah used this brave man! We know even throughout the so called "dark ages", there have always been some of our anointed brothers working tirelessly to promote the Kingdom's interest! 

Is the one you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Outlaw-Story-William-Tyndale/dp/B0001FR0JS

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYq81BOBk4

this is what i watched 

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

It appears to be. Same titile, but I can't compare the credits :)

My dad has this dvd.

I have seen it a couple of times. It is an excellent drama. Well worth watching.

By the way, he has born here in England, in a small village called North Nibley.

In the mid nineteenth century, at the village, a monument was erected to honour him. We recently visited it. I was impressed.

See here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyndale_Monument

Also here:

http://www.northnibley.org.uk/html/monument.html

Edited by pholmes38

I've heard it said that something like 90% of the King James Bible reflects Tyndale's original wording.

The Governing Body showed their respect for him a couple of years ago by placing his picture next to Russell's on the Memorial invitation and subtlety implying (in my opinion) that they think he could very well have been one of the anointed.

In any event he was an exceptionally brave individual who did a lot to give us the Bible in English and was burned to death for doing so.

Just stop it.Romans 12:2

• 3 weeks later...

I have just watched a documentary on the program "Compass". It spoke of the life of William Tyndale and his efforts to translate the Bible into English. I particularly noted the emphasis on the hatred of the Catholic church and the King of England. While it does not bear his name,much of the King James bible was directly copied from Tyndale's work.

I recently read a very good book on Tyndale. "The man who gave God an English voice". Got it on Amazon.com

A very dedicated and courageous man. Definitely Worth reading.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.