JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Bible Reader ~ Windows Store app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3117 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I though seriously about entering the world of Microsoft Surface. My wife has a Windows 8 tablet and loves it. But finding a decent program to annotate meeting material seemed challenging, and I am so comfortable in the world of Android - I just wish it had Quickbooks.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I have a DELL XPS12 convertible and hope to be able to use this app. So far so good and need a good

epub reader program to use the KM's downloaded to my system and imported to this app.

This is about the app:

"Saturday, August 10, 2013

Who created this application? (applies also to Windows 8.1 version)

I created this application with love for those brothers and sisters who want to prepare to the meetings and read the Bible using their tablet PCs.

Who is the developer of this application?

My name is Artem. I'm a 21-year-old brother from Ukraine (Eastern Europe). I serve as a regular pioneer now. I had the joy of attending the Pioneer Service School in August, 2013.

I work as a programmer.

I work hard on creating this application. It has taken me many months to make the application available in many countries on many languages. Also I make efforts to publish new updates. You may have noticed the frequent updates with new features and with fixing of some problems.

I appreciate your feedback. I take time to read your emails and to respond you."

http://biblereader-jw.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=11

I've used this before.  It is Ok, and has some good features, like the daily text and weekly schedule.  It doesn't format the books the quite same way as a epub reader.  You can highlight in different colours or underline, and switch between epub and pdf versions.  It may have improved since I last used it.

I currently use Nook for my ebooks and study.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

New Terms of Use of JW.ORG. Some publications won't be downloadable (applies to Windows 8.1 app)

"Dear brothers and sisters,

Starting from September 2014 there are New Terms of Use of JW.ORG.

Some features in the JW Bible Reader app seem to violate this new statement.

So starting from version 7.0 some publications won't be available for download (and you won't be able to install them in any way, even if you have a PDF file). It does not impact publications needed for meetings and all the main publications. Only those that have the EPUB file will be downloadable. If you have downloaded publications that do not have an EPUB file available in previous versions of the app, then don't worry: these publications won't be uninstalled and will remain in your app."

http://biblereader-jw.blogspot.com/

Support for JW Bible Reader (Windows 8.1)

http://jwbiblereader.uservoice.com/

Edited by hayhauler

I used the app for the first time just now in preparing tomorrows WT. I especially like being able to use my XPS 12 duo as a lap top and use the mouse to highlight, underline, italicize, and stuff. To use as a tablet at the meeting tomorrow will be good.

The ease of use is good!!!!

I would like a Surface PRO 3 too I am sure

Sunday, September 7, 2014

New Terms of Use of JW.ORG. Some publications won't be downloadable (applies to Windows 8.1 app)

"Dear brothers and sisters,

Starting from September 2014 there are New Terms of Use of JW.ORG.

Some features in the JW Bible Reader app seem to violate this new statement.

So starting from version 7.0 some publications won't be available for download (and you won't be able to install them in any way, even if you have a PDF file). It does not impact publications needed for meetings and all the main publications. Only those that have the EPUB file will be downloadable. If you have downloaded publications that do not have an EPUB file available in previous versions of the app, then don't worry: these publications won't be uninstalled and will remain in your app."

http://biblereader-jw.blogspot.com/

Support for JW Bible Reader (Windows 8.1)

http://jwbiblereader.uservoice.com/

Its good to see that the brother is trying to keep in line with the new Terms and Conditions on using data from jw.org and changing his app accordingly.

• 1 month later...

I have now a windows 8.1 tablet 9.7'' and am enjoying it a lot

It doesn't have a lot of app's that's sure but the jw bible seems to satisfy all my needs. It has a very good epub reader with epub3 compliance. It even has better functionality in some ways regarding moonreader... For example, you can copy from the note pop up and you can highlight there also

Anyway I rather use the pdf versions. In this respect there is an excellent app, even better than ezpdf (app's on Windows are more expensive though)

It's drawpdf. For example you can just start passing your finger trough the lines to highlight them, no need to select first. Lots of options also

The way I'm studying is use both epub and pdf. The epub is the source for grabbing the scriptures and print it on the pdf as links. Than at meetings I use just the pdf

Other great thing of windows is that you can install the full Watchtower Library from the cd-rom

Or is also way faster than android (in the same price range. Mine was 199€)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...