JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Buffalo NY Storm turns deadly

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3415 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow, they are certainly dealing with a trying situation there! I used to live in that part of New York when I was a kid, and the thing is, they are more prepared than most states for terrible winters and yet this storm is dropping them to their knees! So scary for what is ahead yet when you realize we are still in the "autumn" months, it's not even winter yet according to the calendar. The Farmer's almanac predicted a big snow storm off the Great Lakes for the middle of November and I thought it was nonsense!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I was blown away by the report saying how drastic the difference in snow accumulation was within just a few miles. 3.5 inches to over 4 feet in a matter of approx. 3 miles. (I've since read some reports are saying 5 miles.)

Even in conditions such as there, I really long to be back in the cold weather and snow. I just where I belong, not in the desert. :(:exclamation:

We must really pray for our brothers in this part of N.Y.  They are dealing with 4 to 6 feet of snow now and there are 3 feet more of snow coming in another storm tomorrow!!!!  That is 7 to 9 feet of snow in one weeks time! No wonder people are dropping dead of heart attacks from shoveling there! Hundreds of others are stranded on roads and highways with no warmth, food or water for over 24 hours - please pray for our brothers and sisters!

Yes local reports we are seeing is they have 6 feet now and another 3 feet is on its way by tonight. That is almost a year and halfs accumulation in 4 days. Just because of a heavy south west wind going across lake erie. Northern Ontario is getting slammed too. Well its not really northern the muskoka area has had almost as much from Barrie north. Its just insane.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Lots of people in the greater Buffalo area are having disaster strike with the snow load on their roofs. The roofs are collapsing under the weight. May be needed our brothers might need help with that. It would be a terrible disaster for them.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

My husband works for a company that makes all sorts of impliments (rakes, shovels, ax's) and they are one of the best on the market. I've asked him if they've been shipping roof rakes to the Buffalo, NY area and he said "no". I was surprised. I would think they couldn't get enough of them out there right now!

Poor Tammi! I imagine she is spending every waking moment shoveling. Even if she tried to log in to this forum within the last week she probably got a "forum offline" page everytime (like I did) because of all the trouble with the server. This is the first day in a long time I've been able to get in here and read and post. Hopefully we will hear from her soon and get an idea of how our brotherhood there is coping with all of this weather!