JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New 2015 Calendar

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3393 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just picked up my new calender.  I'm looking for all the pretty pictures of grapes and figs and there are none...lol

All I can say is I'm going to be so brainy-clever by the end of the year when I will have leaned all about greek and hebrew manuscripts. You see... (public confession) ...  I hang my calender on my toilet wall.  That way I can 1) take note of any appointments I have for that day and .  2) can look at the information on a regular basis.

By the end of the two months I'm really familiar with the pictures and the information.  So... what are your thoughts on the new calender and ... where do you hang yours? :wub:

Edited by sunshine

Just picked up my new calender.  I'm looking for all the pretty pictures of grapes and figs and there are none...lol

All I can say is I'm going to be so brainy-clever by the end of the year when I will have leaned all about greek and hebrew manuscripts. You see... (public confession) ...  I hang my calender on my toilet wall.  That way I can 1) take note of any appointments I have for that day and .  2) can look at the information on a regular basis.

By the end of the two months I'm really familiar with the pictures and the information.  So... what are your thoughts on the new calender and ... where do you hang yours? :wub:

...can look at the information on a regular basis...

That  is absolutely hilarious!!! :lol1:

And I just hang mine by my study desk. (I could use an imagination like yours though. :uhhuh:)

I hang them at my desk at work but this year is the last year I'm ordering one. I've sort of stopped looking at it honestly. We have digital calendars everywhere now. From the one I'm forced to use at work. To the one on my phone. It should really go to someone that uses it. That's why I'm not.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

I am with Mikey above, I don't use the calender almost at all. It may sound silly, but the fact that it doesn't include worldly holidays makes it a lot less useful for me. We may not celebrate them, but surely plan special activities for those days.

I rather use a digital calendar that includes both holidays and spiritual activities, and warns me of any important appointment.

I like to look at the nice pictures though (and more so if they are with Hebrew and Greek manuscripts). :)

Any idea it will be on online at JW.ORG?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Can we get some pics of the calendar then? ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

In reading through this thread, I don't see anything about an announcement made about this calendar. We had the announcement a couple of weeks ago that there are some errors in the first edition of the English calendar. For example, it was said that the Bible reading schedule for the week of the memorial is incorrect in one edition of the calendar, and that we should get the schedule from the 2015 Examining the Scriptures Daily booklet instead. Did anyone else hear an announcement like that? Or was that only here in Canada?

I don't remember at the moment what the other mistake was in it.

I am with Mikey above, I don't use the calender almost at all. It may sound silly, but the fact that it doesn't include worldly holidays makes it a lot less useful for me. We may not celebrate them, but surely plan special activities for those days.

. . .

Me too. I usually get a worldly calendar from my bank (the price is right: free), and copy the worldly holidays to our calendar.

In reading through this thread, I don't see anything about an announcement made about this calendar. We had the announcement a couple of weeks ago that there are some errors in the first edition of the English calendar. For example, it was said that the Bible reading schedule for the week of the memorial is incorrect in one edition of the calendar, and that we should get the schedule from the 2015 Examining the Scriptures Daily booklet instead. Did anyone else hear an announcement like that? Or was that only here in Canada?

I don't remember at the moment what the other mistake was in it.

The two "misprints" between the calendar and the daily text were on Friday, April 3. The reading is split. Matt. 26:17-19 and Luke 22:7-13 for daytime events. Then Matt. 26:20-56 after sunset. The calendar puts the reading all together. Same mistake on Sunday, April 5. The reading should be daytime: Matt. 27:62-66, after sunset Matt. 28:2-4.

At least this is what is shown in my copies of the 2015 calendar and the 2015 Examining the Scriptures Daily.

The other announcement regarding the calendar was that Saturdays are marked "Offer Magazines" which now we are to offer Bible Studies.

Our days run from midnight to midnight anyway, so the reading is still technically correct for that "day".  I would hardly call it a mistake.

As for the "Offer Bible Studies" mistake, the mistake is that it should be printed on every day of the year, because we should offer studies at every opportunity.

But the main point of the calendar is the Divine Name.  Who else would print a calendar that highlights Jehovah's name each month of the year!

Edited by Jonathan77

The events taking place in the reading are according to the Jewish way of keeping time which was sunset to sunset, thereby the difference you noted. In keeping with Biblical/prophetic history, our present day reading would need to reflect the accurate accounting of what actually happened then. It really makes it more real as we read and picture in our minds eye putting ourselves in the midst of the account.

The other notation was that we make a concentrated effort to offer Bible studies. I agree, we should all be doing that at each opportunity we encounter or initiate. To me, it shows how loving the brothers who care for are. It's a good reminder of what our preaching is about, with the goal of teaching thru Bible studies.

One thing I appreciated about this, is that when this calendar is printed with these corrections in other languages along with making it known to us, we really are in full unity. The brothers are careful to rectify such things, not being secretive or shrink back but are very open to inform all affected by means of letters and announcements when corrections are in order so we can have full confidence that no matter how big or how small it is, we are all being fed the exact same thing worldwide. How awesome is that? :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not yet   ...   but the paper version is Monday - Sunday ?    ...   Odd!?

Did anyone else not notice this yet?   ...   Different!   ...    Is this a Euro-Asia thing?

Edited by timpin