JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Buffalo New York

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3435 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You talking about the colossal snow storm?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/fear-turns-roofs-flooding-after-deadly-snowstorm-buffalo-western-new-n253291

I moved this topic to the Public JW forum, since it is not a personal support issue.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I've thought about, and prayed for them, ever since seeing the first pic!

It's hard to imagine what it must be like - literally stuck where you are with 5 or more feet of snow all around you!

But then, the most I've had to deal with was about 4 feet and that accumulated over time so we still had full access to roads and going about our daily life.

I'll be watching here to learn of any news about our brothers there.

and the weather forecast sounds not good......heavy rain and high temperatures in the 40s on Sunday/Monday will get the snow heavy on the roofs - some could break down.

it's recommended to help one another to remove this before

Please keep us posted about all of the brothers in these effected areas. I was also wondering how this is effecting

the progress on the new world headquarters at Warwick. With all of the flat roofs of those new buildings, it looks like

they are in for some massive snow removal jobs, not to mention the general construction area, just so that work can

keep moving ahead. I would ( and I'm sure others would too ) be glad to hear any word that any of you friends know

on those questions.

GStorrs46

Where's the snow? Not in Alaska's largest city 

Rachel D'Oro | Associated Press

November 21, 2014

Alaska-Weird%20Weather_Hule%281%29.jpg?i
Members of the Dimond High School Nordic cross-country ski team practice during snowless conditions by running outdoors on Thursday.Mark Thiessen / Associated Press

One week before Thanksgiving, much of the nation is digging out from snowstorms, but the ground is bare in Alaska's largest city.

Anchorage normally has nearly 17 inches of snowfall this time of year. Instead, it's seen less than 4 inches — and that snow fell a month ago and melted in unseasonably warmer weather.

Without powder, local skiers are hitting the trails on roller skis or getting fit indoors. Some people are finding frozen lakes to skate on, even if it means leaving town. Others are celebrating.

A light rain fell this week, only to later freeze into a slick layer on roads. So far, however, Anchorage's high this month was 48 degrees on Nov. 10, instead of the norm of 29 degrees for that day, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Andy Dixon.

The same system that is pushing frigid conditions from the north to the Lower 48 states is bringing warmer and drier conditions to Alaska's mainland from the south, Dixon said. It's sort of like trading places.

:wave: Hey Dorothy. Good to see you. No snow yet to dig out of or slip on there, eh?

I am wishing you and your hubby the best   :pray:  I was born on November 21 in Fairbanks, Alaska. There was surely snow that day almost 50 years ago!! But I was warm and snuggly at the base   :yes:

I hope our brothers and sisters in the upper eastern states (including Canada) snuggle in well   :wave:   

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

:wave: Hey Dorothy. Good to see you. No snow yet to dig out of or slip on there, eh?

I am wishing you and your hubby the best   :pray:  I was born on November 21 in Fairbanks, Alaska. There was surely snow that day almost 50 years ago!! But I was warm and snuggly at the base   :yes:

I hope our brothers and sisters in the upper eastern states (including Canada) snuggle in well   :wave:

Not in '66 was it?