JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Olive Tapenade

Ok, this is a new thing to me. A sis came back from Portugal with a small jar of this beautiful stuff for me and I'm looking into how to use it. Since I love olives I'm all over this one. BUT.....how do I use it, what have some of you tried with it with?

Daughter gave me this link  http://www.strawberryplum.com/olive-tapenade-10-ways-to-use-it/, does it look good to a person skilled in using it?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Ok, Chris, I know you have experience with it, "Chef Chris", you always have good recipes. Please tell me what you use it for. I want to use it right, I don't want to put it on something and gag because it's wrong. Want my first experience to be positive.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

It is a popular food in the south of France, where it is generally eaten as an hors d'œuvre, spread on bread. Sometimes it is also used to stuff poultry for a main course.

It is also good on crackers - like Ritz or Captain's Wafers. It is also good in a "stuffed pork loin"

As a side point, since the thread is about "Olive Tapenade" -

Tapenade's base ingredient is olive. The olives (most commonly black olive) and capers are finely chopped, crushed, or blended. Olive oil is then added until the mixture becomes a paste. Tapenade is often flavored differently in varying regions with other ingredients such as garlic, herbs, anchovies, lemon juice, or brandy.

So, when talking about Tapenades, it is not really needed to specify "olive" - it will be assumed by those who know what a tapenade is.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Ohhhh, I get it. The word Olive is a redundancy. 

I'm going to try it on ritz and under the skin of a roasting chicken. I think the one I have has garlic and red pepper flakes in it. It should be great. 

There are different Tapenades? Guess I must get on Pinterest again and look it up.

I love tapanade.

is yummy on ciabatta bread slightly toasted. Is a great accompiment for prossito. Cheese. Antipasto.

marianated egg plant & sundried tomatoe almost like a Brucesta.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Wow, Gabe, all that sounds so good. I would eat all those things. Marinated eggplant is new for me, maybe I can find some here.  

Edit: I just found some on Amazon. In olive oil or in balsamic. Hmm.

Edited by bagwell1987

Just Googled Rocket, it's similar to Arugula, haven't heard of Rocket. So cured fish with greens and tapenade. Yum. Also googled tapenade, found one made with marinated artichoke hearts and sundried tomato. Do you make one with different things than olive?

I love olive tapenade.  I use it in salads as part of the salad dressing, I also put it into homemade turkey spaghetti sauce as it rounds out the flavors a bit.

You can use it as a sandwich spread (think muffaletta sandwich), make a dip with it...endless uses.  It's also pretty easy to make with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sundried tomatoes and a mix of olives.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I have yet to open the little jar of Tapenade! Being a cautious person I'm waiting until I have the right moment to savor it. Lately been too busy, now too broken down to be adventurous. BUT I will have the right moment, and it'll be worth the wait.