JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A guide to reading through the Bible in a month!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3404 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Anyone wants to try this ?

I know..I know.... it's not about the speed but if someone wants to read the Bible in a month this is the schedule ... :bible2:

DAY 1 - Genesis 1-39
 DAY 2 - Genesis 40-Exodus 31
 DAY 3 - Exodus 32-Numbers 3
 DAY 4 - Numbers 4-Deuteronomy 6
 DAY 5 - Deuteronomy 7-Joshua 9
 DAY 6 - Joshua 10-Ruth
 DAY 7 - 1 Samuel 1-2 Samuel 12
 DAY 8 - 2 Samuel 13-2 Kings 3
 DAY 9 - 2 Kings 4-1 Chronicles 3
DAY 10 - 1 Chronicles 4-2 Chronicles 13
DAY 11 - 2 Chronicles 14-Nehemiah 6
DAY 12 - Nehemiah 7-Job 24
DAY 13 - Job 25-Psalm 21
DAY 14 - Psalm 22-57
DAY 15 - Psalm 58-93
DAY 16 - Psalm 94-129
DAY 17 - Psalm 130-Proverbs 18
DAY 18 - Proverbs 19-Isaiah 6
DAY 19 - Isaiah 7-42
DAY 20 - Isaiah 43-Jeremiah 16
DAY 21 - Jeremiah 17-Lamentations
DAY 22 - Ezekiel 1-39
DAY 23 - Ezekiel 40-Joel
DAY 24 - Amos 1-Zechariah 10
DAY 25 - Zechariah 11-Mark 6
DAY 26 - Mark 7-John 6
DAY 27 - John 7-Acts 22
DAY 28 - Acts 23-2 Corinthians 6
DAY 29 - 2 Corinthians 7-2 Thessalonians
DAY 30 - 1 Timothy 1-1 Peter
DAY 31 - 2 Peter-Revelation

or second approach:

1. Genesis
2. Exodus
3. Leviticus
4. Numbers
5. Deuteronomy
6. Joshua & Judges
7. Ruth & 1 Samuel
8. 2 Samuel
9. I Kings
10. 2 King
11. 1 Chronicles
12. 2 Chronicles
13. Ezra - Esther
14. Job
15. Psalm 1-80
16. Psalm 81-150
17. Proverbs
18. Ecclesiastes-Isaiah 16
19. Isaiah 16-66
20. Jeremiah
21. Lam – Ezekiel
22. Daniel – Obadiah
23. Jonah – Malachi
24. Mathew
25. Mark – Luke 14
26. Luke 15 – John
27. Acts
28. Romans - 2 Corinthians
29. Galatians – Philemon
30. Hebrews - Revelations

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I did that with my friends many years ago, when school vacations lasted three months and vacation meant absolutely nothing to do. We even managed to aux pioneer that same month.

But certainly it's not the best approach if you want to retain something of what you read.  :) 

Yep ,the schedule above is very tough ... I am currently doing another one ..... 3 monthly one ... Much better for me personally.

For those who do not work or have "free"time on their hands 1 monthly schedule is highly achievable. Everybody is different with having different circumstances ...

I do my 3 monthly schedule on my ePub version of the Bible highlighting interesting scriptures to do further research in the future

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Yeah, I was going to say, be sure you have NO LIFE, NO JOB, NO RESPONSIBILITIES, don't need to eat or sleep and in all good conscience can skip all the meetings and field service for that month!!!

Yep ! This schedule is not for everyone !

I did that with my friends many years ago, when school vacations lasted three months and vacation meant absolutely nothing to do. We even managed to aux pioneer that same month.

But certainly it's not the best approach if you want to retain something of what you read.  :)

Yep , I agree.. I am doing 3 monthly one .. I have Cut down on non essentials a lot .. Doing ePub Bible highlighting good points to do research in the future ...

I would like to see the 3 monthly schedule!

Here it is ... more reasonable than monthly one. I am doing it and is not bad!

1st Month

1. Genesis 1-11
  2. Genesis 12-26
  3. Genesis 27-39
  4. Genesis 40-Exodus 4
  5. Exodus 5-17
  6. Exodus 18-31
  7. Exodus 32-Leviticus 4
  8. Leviticus 5-16
  9. Leviticus 17-Numbers 3
  10. Numbers 4-17
  11. Numbers 18-30
  12. Numbers 31-Deuteronomy 6
  13. Deuteronomy 7-19
  14. Deuteronomy 20-31
  15. Deuteronomy 32-Joshua 9
  16. Joshua 10-21
  17. Joshua 22-12
  18. Judges 13-Ruth
  19. 1 Samuel 1-13
  20. 1 Samuel 14-28
  21. 1 Samuel 29-2 Samuel 12
  22. 2 Samuel 13-24
  23. 1 Kings 1-13
  24. 1 Kings 14-2 Kings 3
  25. 2 Kings 4-10
  26. 2 Kings 11-17
  27. 2 Kings 18-1 Chronicles 3
  28. 1 Chronicles 4-16
  29. 1 Chronicles 17-29
  30. 2 Chronicles 1-13
  31. 2 Chronicles 14-25

2nd Month

32. 2 Chronicles 26-Ezra 4
  33. Ezra 5-Nehemiah 6
  34. Nehemiah 7-Esther 7
  35. Esther 8-Job 10
  36. Job 11-24
  37. Job 25-37
  38. Job 38-Psalm 9
  39. Psalm 10-21
  40. Psalm 22-33
  41. Psalm 34-45
  42. Psalm 46-57
  43. Psalm 58-69
  44. Psalm 70-81
  45. Psalm 82-93
  46. Psalm 94-105
  47. Psalm 106-118
  48. Psalm 119-129
  49. Psalm 130-141
  50. Psalm 142-Proverbs 3
  51. Proverbs 4-18
  52. Proverbs 19-31
  53. Ecclesiastes
  54. Song of Solomon-Isaiah 6
  55. Isaiah 7-18
  56. Isaiah 19-30
  57. Isaiah 31-42
  58. Isaiah 43-54
  59. Isaiah 55-66
  60. Jeremiah 1-16
  61. Jeremiah 17-29
  62. Jeremiah 30-42

3rd Month

63. Jeremiah 43-Lamentations
  64. Ezekiel 1-14
  65. Ezekiel 15-27
  66. Ezekiel 28-39
  67. Ezekiel 40-Daniel 3
  68. Daniel 4-Hosea 4
  69. Hosea 5-Joel
  70. Amos 1-Jonah
  71. Micah-Habakkuk
  72. Zephaniah-Zechariah 10
  73. Zechariah 11-Matthew 7
  74. Matthew 8-22
  75. Matthew 23-Mark 6
  76. Mark 7-Luke 3
  77. Luke 4-17
  78. Luke 18-John 6
  79. John 7-21
  80. Acts 1-12
  81. Acts 13-22
  82. Acts 23-Romans 8
  83. Romans 9-1 Corinthians 8
  84. 1 Corinthians 9-2 Corinthians 6
  85. 2 Corinthians 7-Galatians
  86. Ephesians-Colossians
  87. 1 Thessalonians-2 Thessalonians
  88. 1 Timothy 1-Philemon
  89. Hebrews 1-13
  90. James-1 Peter
  91. 2 Peter-Jude
  92. Revelation 1-13
  93. Revelation 14-22

Edited by Gregexplore

If that's your cup of tea. For me I like the comment from a circuit overseer said, try a chapter a day. I've been doing that for past 6-7 years now daily and on 3rd go around reading Bible since. Put each chapter on my Google Calendar and really enjoy it. In acts and about to wrap up 4th by end of year. I do that with personal research in digital publications and really love it. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 3 weeks later...

I think (binge-reading anyone?) reading the whole Bible quite quickly might make you fall off the place for awhile. If you haven't read the whole Bible, maybe it could work, just to get a overview picture of where things are. But now that I have read the Bible, I'm selecting key places (books that are my weakest point in knowledge, except Revelation, because, you know) and with the aid of Insight of the Scriptures it becomes more personal study and reading, helping me to refresh my friendship with Jehovah through every page. I just get absorbed into it. 

Im going to try this over three months. I need to kick start my Bible reading habit again, after a death in the family. Usually I read my study wt through quickly to get the overview and the sense of it before settling down to the study.

I remember the CA speaker telling us to read at a pace that allows for emotional impact as well.

Nothing bad can last forever!

I remember the CA speaker telling us to read at a pace that allows for emotional impact as well.

Good point.

From my research 2 weeks ago. ☺

(Joshua 1:8) “This book of the Law should not depart from your mouth, and you must read it in an undertone day and night, in order to observe carefully all that is written in it; for then your way will be successful and then you will act wisely.”

*** w13 4/15 pp. 7-8 par. 4 Receive Full Benefit From Reading the Bible *** 4 Jehovah does not want his servants to rush through a reading of his Word. He told Joshua of ancient times: “This book of the law should not depart from your mouth, and you must in an undertone read in it day and night.” (Josh. 1:8; Ps. 1:2) Does this instruction require that you literally utter in a low voice all the words you read from Genesis to Revelation? No. It means that you should read at a pace that allows for meditation. When you read the Bible “in an undertone,” it will help you to fix attention on portions that are especially useful and encouraging to you at that moment. On finding such phrases, verses, or accounts, read them slowly, perhaps forming the words with the tongue and lips. The full weight of a Scriptural point may strike you in a deeply personal way. Why is this important? Because getting the sense of God’s counsel gives you strong motivation to put it into practice.

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Couple of months back, my wife and I decided to adopt a five year Bible reading schedule. Our daily reading had become hit and miss over the past year or so and we wanted to find a pace that brought back our pleasure in reading God's word and daily constancy. Result is we are both enjoying our daily Bible reading in a new way - we now have about fifteen to twenty verses to read each day giving us time to reflect on what we read. Rushing through big chunks of the Bible simply to say 'I read the Bible daily' can be counter productive maybe leading to loss of joy in God's word. This slower way allows us time to 'smell the roses' along the way. Try it and see for yourself - and if you find the pace too slow then change to a four year or three year plan.

This is a bit embarrassing, but I read the Bible over the course of 8 years! Not counting reading it for studying for meeting, etc. I followed a schedule for reading the Bible in historical/chronological order, which really gave me a better sense of what was happening historically. I also often made notes and did a lot of research on what I was reading when I had questions or didn't understand something. This time around I'm focusing more on reading it in Spanish instead of English. I totally think it's possible to read it in a month, but it wouldn't really give you much time to meditate on what you're reading.

Denise, you shouldn't be embarrassed at all. If your reading at a pace that contribute to Strengthening your faith then that's OK. It's no contest. Happy grazing in Jehovah’s field. ☺

We all read at our own pace.  I really gotta work at being consistant.  I am the only one I know that can get distracted in a quiet, empty room.

This is usually how it goes:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  Now the earth proved to be..."

I wonder if i still have leftover chinese..

"...formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep"...

Surface..  SUR-face.  *tries to imitate english accent*  Suuuuuurface.

"And God's active force was moving to and fro..."

Cooper puppy!  Stop licking me!  I'll feed you in a minute!

The shame!  Forgive me Jehovah!

~Van

I've read the Bible from cover to cover twice. First was the New Revised Standard Version, and then a decade later the New World Translation (1984). Each time took about a year, and I had to be very focused and very dedicated to accomplish it.

I read everyday, but have not been following a personal cover-to-cover schedule in about another 10 years. I'd like to tackle the new 2013 Revision.... just gotta give myself that push. :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I've read the Bible from cover to cover twice. First was the New Revised Standard Version, and then a decade later the New World Translation (1984). Each time took about a year, and I had to be very focused and very dedicated to accomplish it.

I read everyday, but have not been following a personal cover-to-cover schedule in about another 10 years. I'd like to tackle the new 2013 Revision.... just gotta give myself that push. :)

Here's a push

~Van