JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sick as a Woof Woof.

Yup woke up not feeling too good sunday. Woke up Monday bang. Full blast cold. worked today 8 till 2 and got home and went right into my chest. This is not my kind of fun. So ya I am sick as a woof woof.  I had a rye and ginger was really good but did nothing for me. GOing to take some pills and go to bed.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Just recovering myself... I drink a lot ..I mean a lot of hot tea with freshly grinded ginger with lemon and Manuka honey .. plus medicinal Ricqles (mint like alcohol liquid)

It really helps me to ease coughing etc.. 

Plus I eat fresh garlic with thin crackers ..(garlic is natural antibiotic)

Stay warm ! and take rest... :snoring:

Hope you recover fast :dance:

post-4085-0-64140900-1416863871.jpg

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Alot of people swear on Vick's Vapo rub - put it on the bottom of your feet and then wear socks to bed. many I've talked to swear it works!

Strange, I generaly apply vapour rub to my throat and wear a scarf.

Hartley

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

It went right down into my chest over night. So sore. Feels like a baseball in there. A steel wool baseball. Ya thats more like it. Time for a super hot shower I think. That usually breaks this garbage up for me.

Here in Mexico many people actually put Vick's Vaporub in their throat.

Let me add, I don't recommend that myself.

Hope you feel better soon!

Vick's changed their recipe a few years ago. No longer recommended to ingest ( put in mouth ) VapoRub.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

It went right down into my chest over night. So sore. Feels like a baseball in there. A steel wool baseball. Ya thats more like it. Time for a super hot shower I think. That usually breaks this garbage up for me.

One secret is to sweat :sweat: a cold out with this caveat. Don't get chilled afterwards, cool down slowly, or it makes it worse.

Guaifenesin contained in cold medicine helps break up Mucus & Phlegm.

Get strongest formula you can - without a lot of "extras".

Drink 2 tall glasses of fairly warm water :drink: :drink: , then take the guaifenesin, wrap up and keep warm.

You need the water not only to keep yourself hydrated but the medicine needs it to loosen up the phlegm, so it can be got rid of. :P

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Please get better Gregory and everyone. My two nieces are not well after coming home from their meeting last night. This is why I love this site because I can send and receive love without physical contact. We know JWs love hugs and kisses! :wub:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Ha ha ya I know what you mean. I think its starting to break up. Fever was pretty good. I couldn't get warm I went and had the hottest shower I could stand and I think it broke up what was in my chest. Took 2 tylonol cold and flew night time and went back to bed for 3 hours. Felt better when I got up. But worse now. Head ache too wow.