JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ferguson Grand Jury announcement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3429 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Of course, a lot of these protestors come from places nowhere near Ferguson, and are associated with anarchist and communist movements, as well.  They love to cause problems and to whip people into a frenzy.<sigh>

Anarchists yes, had that problem in the Seattle WTO riots, but  in recent years have not known of communist backing riots in US, you have info?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Grumpy and I were noticing that not 1 of the religious leaders that have so much to say, give any hope to these people either. No mention of the Kingdom that will improve and solve all the terrible things going on. No hope at all.

Because they already know their hope is everyone is going to heaven and the Kingdom is already in their hearts. Problem solved.  :uhhuh: (not rolling my eyes at you but them.)

Edited by THENK

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

If we handled every topic in this forum by just saying "God's Kingdom will take care of it" we'd never learn anything! People here are discussing this problem in Ferguson because it affects basically the whole country in one way or the other and some of our brothers and sisters are living right there and it helps us to know what they are dealing with. It's true, sometimes we don't necessisarily need to know WHY they are dealing with certain situations just that they ARE and need our prayers. Stating what has been heard in this particular case helps us to get to the truth of the matter because we sure can't rely on most media for that. It all boils down to: this is Satan's wicked system and right now, there is nothing we can personally do about that, so these things are going to escalate from now to the end - people don't need a good reason to riot anymore, any reason will due.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Very interesting, thanks JULSEY

Not the communist party of my youth, but definitely communists there.

My uncle was a communist agitator in the thirties then got the Truth and became a agitator for the Kingdom, with the same fierce determination

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Nixon was professional and respectful. 

Boy what stories we'll have to tell our loved ones when they come back. Will they ever believe us?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I was actually agreeing with you sis. I'm so sorry you were offended. I meant no harm. I meant I wanted to write more but was afraid to because I didn't have all the information yet to make a comment. I liked your comment so much and tried to respond to it but was being careful so I deleted most of what I wrote in favor of waiting till I had more information. That's why I thought it was 'weird' because your comment was exactly how I felt but couldn't say so at that time.

Peace,

Cheryl

Hi,

OK I officially need to work more on being so quick tempered. I'm very sorry sister. Alot of times when Im posting in distracted by something or someone.

This forum thing is new for me and I'm experiencing a bit of a learning curve. Thank you for your patience and kindness and I apologize for being..... well a jerk lol

I am going to make a commitment to read more carefully and if (or when ) I am offended take a time out and come back.

Guess which fruitage of the spirit that I've been working on.....for forever :rolleyes:

I sincerely apologize.

Agape

If we handled every topic in this forum by just saying "God's Kingdom will take care of it" we'd never learn anything! People here are discussing this problem in Ferguson because it affects basically the whole country in one way or the other and some of our brothers and sisters are living right there and it helps us to know what they are dealing with. It's true, sometimes we don't necessisarily need to know WHY they are dealing with certain situations just that they ARE and need our prayers. Stating what has been heard in this particular case helps us to get to the truth of the matter because we sure can't rely on most media for that. It all boils down to: this is Satan's wicked system and right now, there is nothing we can personally do about that, so these things are going to escalate from now to the end - people don't need a good reason to riot anymore, any reason will due.

However making comments about individuals "pulling the race card" or that somehow that boy's death was caused by a lack of parenting is inflammatory and offensive IMO. How could you possibly know how these parents raised their child? Our kids are certainly not perfect. Would you say that in a FS car group or at the workplace without any repercussions ? I don't think so.

I'm all for discussing current events with the perspective of talking about the kingdom. This is a Christian forum. There are other forums in which race relations, police brutality (or lack there of) , social reforms and political implications of such unfortunate occurrences are discussed. The news sites are flooded with such comments.

And yes the kingdom will take care of everything. Which may include resurrecting this "thug" or "hoodlum" that you may end up studying with. I'm frustrated with this situation as well but perspective is everything. That's all I'm saying and that you should consider the feelings of others.

What's wrong with neutrality? Or at least trying to be neutral ?

Agape

Shantel, It's weird that you responded to my post. In my response to you I had more written but deleted the first part, only posting the part you read.

The part I deleted was about too many opinions and not enough facts. After hearing some of the transcripts today I feel that now I can say I wasn't off on what I thought. There was so much that the 'Grand Jury' - (chosen well before this incident took place, a professional jury) they knew how to dissect information, how to take time and wade through the muck and mire to get to the facts. There are so many times our wonderful Elders tell us to 'hold it, wait to form an opinion, you don't know all the facts AND we may never know all the facts" and here in this case it is the same. All the facts could never be revealed until a decision is made.

When the pictures of the officer was shown with his battered and bruised face it became obvious there was abuse by this very large, very determined thief. He was not an innocent person by any means. None of this was known by the rioters, they were 'acting' according to a perceived offense not 'reacting' to the horrors of what really transpired.

Hope I didn't offend, I simply feel we should, and most of us do, live with letting jehovah reveal things in his own time, don't be quick, hold back, stay calm. The world, as a whole, will never behave this way. It's an admirable quality of Jehovah's faithful well trained people.

I will say this... If you have trouble understanding why people are angry (I'm not referencing the rioting) it's because this cop shot this kid in the back. At that point was it self defense? Why shoot to kill in the first place? Being a cop comes with risks..that's what they sign up for. I'm personally disturbed at the recent beatings and shootings of minorities in cases where loss of life IMO was unnecessary. How Jesus tell us to handle these situations? ( I'm speaking from both perspectives)

I think that race relations is a very sensitive issue to most who live everyday watching their riverview mirror in fear and/or anxiety . The experiences that this brother related in this thread is very common.

We need Jesus. We need the kingdom. We need to help others to see that they need Jesus and the kingdom.

That's how I keep my sanity.

Agape

I live about 20 minutes away from where all of this is happening in Ferguson, Mo. Last night, there were at least 7 businesses that were set on fire, and the protesters have shut down one of the main highways several times. Our meeting was cancelled tonight, no one knows whats going to happen going into the 2nd night pf protests after the gand jurys decision. whatever happens, the brothers and sisters here are relying on Jehovah. 

I live about 20 minutes away from where all of this is happening in Ferguson, Mo. Last night, there were at least 7 businesses that were set on fire, and the protesters have shut down one of the main highways several times. Our meeting was cancelled tonight, no one knows whats going to happen going into the 2nd night pf protests after the gand jurys decision. whatever happens, the brothers and sisters here are relying on Jehovah.

Be careful sister. We're praying for you!

Hi,

OK I officially need to work more on being so quick tempered. I'm very sorry sister. Alot of times when Im posting in distracted by something or someone.

This forum thing is new for me and I'm experiencing a bit of a learning curve. Thank you for your patience and kindness and I apologize for being..... well a jerk lol

I am going to make a commitment to read more carefully and if (or when ) I am offended take a time out and come back.

Guess which fruitage of the spirit that I've been working on.....for forever :rolleyes:

I sincerely apologize.

Agape

Sis, The book study tonight was incredible. We all have so much to keep working on. 

Your apology is more than accepted. 

Much Sisterly love

Cheryl

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Tina, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what is going on with our dear brotherhood in this "hotspot" right now! You can't begin to imagine how worried we all are over your situation and safety! Please know that our hearts and our prayers are going forth in your behalf in a BIG way! We pray that when all of this dies down a little that a GREAT witness can be given to the communitee about TRUE justice and a world without crime and violence! I'm truly hoping this is one of those situations, that although looks very bleak and definitely working to Satan's ends, it will actually prove to be a great witness for Jehovah and his Kingdom and bring many into his organization. To live in a world without impartiality and race/class distinction will be something desired by ALL by the time this calms down. My dear sister, please keep us posted and thank you again so much for keeping us up to date!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

There is NOW some interesting information coming out. I see that the police allowed only the one side of the story to be told - Brown's and not the officer's - as this was an open investigation and legally they aren't supposed to comment.

But now what do we see:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/crucial-pieces-evidence-ferguson-grand-jury/story?id=27163048

Top 3

1) Police Car Damage

Detectives reported damage to Wilson's police car in their investigative report obtained by ABC News. The car's driver-side window was shattered, and the driver-side mirror was bent towards the car, possibly indicating evidence of a fierce struggle between Wilson and Brown while the officer was still seated in his patrol car.

2) A Witness' Journal Entry

A journal entry by someone police only identified as "Witness 44" said that Brown charged at Wilson, even after Wilson fired his gun. "The cop just stood there," the entry read. "Dang if that kid didn't start running right at the cop like a football player. Head down. I heard three bangs, but the big kid wouldn't stop."

3) Wilson's Medical Examination

Wilson sustained bruising in the face, neck, and scalp areas after "he was hit in the face a couple of times," according to a police report. Wilson also reported jaw pain, according to a medical examination report.

Also - per the autopsy:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/25/366507379/ferguson-docs-how-the-grand-jury-reached-a-decision

There are two findings of major importance: First, the autopsy found that Michael Brown was never shot in the back, as some early witnesses claimed.

Second, they found Brown's blood inside the police car and on Wilson's gun. This implies that there was close-range contact as Wilson alleges.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This statement in the it-2 book is not racial or judgemental against any person.   It only states the facts of what Jehovah has allowed to exist till his will is accomplished. 

*** it-2 p. 1045 Superior Authorities ***

Reasons for Christian Subjection. There being no reason for Christians to set themselves in opposition to an arrangement that God has permitted, they have good reason to be in subjection to the superior authorities. Governmental rulers, though they may be corrupt personally, would not normally punish others for doing good, that is, for adhering to the law of the land. But a person who engages in thievery, murder, or other lawless acts could expect an adverse judgment from the ruling authority. One guilty of deliberate murder, for instance, might be executed for his crime. Since Jehovah God authorized capital punishment for murderers after the Flood (Ge 9:6), the human authority, by executing the lawbreaker, would be acting as “God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad.”—Ro 13:2-4; Tit 3:1; 1Pe 2:11-17.

Jerry, in your post, #65, you voiced my sentiments exactly. There was so much supposition made by the public, by rioters, by family members and others that it was impossible to find anything objective to look at. It was all biased to some degree because of rumors from people who said they were there and 'knew' what happened. Most of the 'eyewitnesses' were systematically deleted because their testimony was not derived from fact.

Because of all this I was waiting to voice much of an opinion until the Grand Jury released it findings in detail. My opinion was always about a young man and an officer and an altercation and the real truth of it all.

I also feel the media used it as a ratings getter. Fox News has some good things to say about it, particularly Surgeon Ben Carson's interview, and an interview with Allen West, showing a balanced attitude and that there has been atrocities committed all over, he mentioned specific ones that SHOULD have been made known, but no riots because of them. Go to the video "Ben Carson's Opinion on Obama's Reaction" video at this link. It not so much about Obama but as it's about the public's reaction to Ferguson  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/26/how-false-media-narrative-made-ferguson-worse/

Yes indeed a sick and twisted system that just needs to be shut down.

Yes indeed a sick and twisted system that just needs to be shut down.

Yup and yup

I also wanted to note that - If your color ranges from nothing to something and you are  currently serving Jehovah:

"You are a minority - regardless of the color of your skin"  

No matter where you are in comparison to the local population (City, Town, Country, Municipality, Parish, State, Providence, or Country) - you will always be the minority....makes me wonder that if people can use racism as an excuse for violence, what can we expect when the majority turns on the minority because of religion in GT?

I will say this... If you have trouble understanding why people are angry (I'm not referencing the rioting) it's because this cop shot this kid in the back. At that point was it self defense? Why shoot to kill in the first place? Being a cop comes with risks..that's what they sign up for. I'm personally disturbed at the recent beatings and shootings of minorities in cases where loss of life IMO was unnecessary. How Jesus tell us to handle these situations? ( I'm speaking from both perspectives)

I think that race relations is a very sensitive issue to most who live everyday watching their riverview mirror in fear and/or anxiety . The experiences that this brother related in this thread is very common.

We need Jesus. We need the kingdom. We need to help others to see that they need Jesus and the kingdom.

That's how I keep my sanity.

Agape

People are angry because of the misinformation that people are repeating, yourself included. This misinformation is what is getting people upset.

If you listened to the live announcement, as I did, the Prosecutor clearly stated that the autopsy revealed that the kid WAS NEVER SHOT IN THE BACK!!  There are no wounds to his back!  Also the Prosecutor  again and again stated how the many witness accounts were inconsistent with the evidence and inconsistent when interviewed for a second and third time, etc.  Many people also admitted that they were just repeating what they had heard.

We will never know what actually happened. But it has unfortunately absolutely has turned into a race issue. How many people rioted and protested when a black man who killed a white woman got away with it?  It case you forgot, his name was OJ Simpson. Talk about high profile, yet there was no protesting and looting.....

Edited by zoebarry

We have a legal system, not a justice system. It will always be this way until the new system. 

And I'm very thankful that we have a forum here where we can occasionally make a mistake and be able to recant and make it better. Shows a real spiritual fellowship.

Romans 13 Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. 2 Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves. 3 For those rulers are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you want to be free of fear of the authority? Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it; 4 for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath against the one practicing what is bad.
5 There is therefore compelling reason for you to be in subjection, not only on account of that wrath but also on account of your conscience. 6 That is why you are also paying taxes; for they are God’s public servants constantly serving this very purpose.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Of course this is a terrible story, and I do have sympathy for the family.

The facts though are this:

1. The victim robbed a store

2.  He then assaulted a police officer

3. He refused to stand down when told too by the police officer

Police officers by law are allowed to use deadly force in situations where they are threatened.  Some may not agree with the law, but it is the law.

From all the correct information on this case and not the media spin or false stories on twitter and Facebook, the police officer acted within his rights per the law.

You don't assault police officers and when a police officer tells you to stand down, you stand down, simple as that.  

Edited by ava

Well his attitude for authority was clearly shown when you watch how he treated the store owner (a person in authority) earlier in the day NO RESPECT!

I am not surprised to find out he assaulted the police officer while the officer was still sitting in his car. Nor am I surprised that he would run away only to turn and charge at the office once the officer told him to STOP.

It is a shame that there is such broad disrespect for authority. It continues to be shown by the rioters.   :nope: We can clearly see where he received his training  :yes: 

It is times like these that make we wonder HOW will ones say "Peace and Security". I know we say - it will only be a veneer, but a veneer is still a thin layer of the reality AND there isn't even a thin layer to be found! Here, Ukraine, Israel, Germany, etc...

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It is times like these that make we wonder HOW will ones say "Peace and Security". I know we say - it will only be a veneer, but a veneer is still a thin layer of the reality AND there isn't even a thin layer to be found! Here, Ukraine, Israel, Germany, etc...

An elder once said "the world could be burning" and they'll cry peace and security.  You're right, it will be nothing but hopes and dreams, no substance.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3429 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.