JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW's on Youtube

Hey Sister Faith,

I hope you are doing well.

I don't know of any vlogs but you might enjoy

seeing a wide variety of videos that various friends

have posted here on jwtalk.

I went thru some of these and found some very interesting videos!

Its a Topic called

"YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)"

If you haven't seen these yet, here is a direct link for you.

Enjoy!  :)

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/1085-youtube-classics-post-a-video-any-video/

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Hi Faith.

if you go to cantiaco.

they are the kingdom songs in mexican.

i love listening. Plus nice pictures.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Be careful with watching videos from jw. Even if the video is good apostates love corrupting the comments. For that reason I no longer bother with YouTube videos other witnesses put up.

What do the comments have to do with watching the video? Are the apostates changing the videos or sub-titling them somehow?

If you are referring to the "comments" that others post below the videos, why even bother to read them if all you are there for is to "watch a video" There is no rule that says you MUST read the comments to watch the video.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Being careful involves not reading the comments. I saw a lot of posts where people have said they are comments from other witnesses on social media ect and I've gone down that road trying to prove them wrong. I was advising caution cause it happens a lot if someone decides to look at comments which is why I made the warning. From your post is seemed like this was a wrong warning of some kind?

What do the comments have to do with watching the video? Are the apostates changing the videos or sub-titling them somehow?

If you are referring to the "comments" that others post below the videos, why even bother to read them if all you are there for is to "watch a video" There is no rule that says you MUST read the comments to watch the video.

You 're right John, nobody needs to read the comments, but I think it's a good advice because even if you don't want to, your eyes may see a glimpse of the comments or just the title of the related videos... You may have the curiosity to see what are this guy's talking about but sometimes those glimpses are enough to give you a bad day... It has happened to me...

I don't avoid youtube at all but rarely see any JW related video - my personal decision ;)

I think some of you misunderstood what I was looking for. I was not looking for Jehovah's Witnesses as the subject matter, but rather users who were true and genuine JW's who put videos up of like, how to make some recipe or something. For example, I know a sister who does nails for a living. She has some videos showing how to do nail designs. Since the video has nothing to do with our religion, the comments would most likely not be either. Anyway, that's what I was refering to.

I think some of you misunderstood what I was looking for. I was not looking for Jehovah's Witnesses as the subject matter, but rather users who were true and genuine JW's who put videos up of like, how to make some recipe or something. For example, I know a sister who does nails for a living. She has some videos showing how to do nail designs. Since the video has nothing to do with our religion, the comments would most likely not be either. Anyway, that's what I was refering to.

What, you don't want to learn how to play the bagpipes?  :lol1:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Being careful involves not reading the comments. I saw a lot of posts where people have said they are comments from other witnesses on social media ect and I've gone down that road trying to prove them wrong. I was advising caution cause it happens a lot if someone decides to look at comments which is why I made the warning. From your post is seemed like this was a wrong warning of some kind?

There are several different extensions you can get for whatever browser you may have that blocks/hides comments for not just Youtube but other sites as well, much like the way Adblock works. For Google Chrome I use Sockinit (fitting title) and for Firefox, which I use when Chrome is acting weird occasionally, I use one that I think is simply called CommentBlocker. So that problem can simply be a thing of the past now :)

Also, in response to the sister's question with this thread, I know a few. There's this brother who makes comedy videos that are hilarious who's youtube name is TheItalianScarecrow. I don't know him personally but a while back he had a video up with him doing JW standup at a gathering that had been posted on the old JW Archive site. I subscribed to him and the rest is history. Also, there's this sister who posts videos to help those dealing with self harm, bulimia, mental issues, tourettes and so on who shares her experiences. Once again I found her through JW Archive because the brother who posted it asked if she was a youtube celebrity because that video had her confirming that she was one of Jehovah's Witnesses (someone had called her out in the comments for not saying it or something I think... probably an apostate). But anyway I subscribed because she was but I don't have any of the issues she discusses but her videos are still interesting. She even read from the Bible in one video with a scripture containing Jehovah's name. Her Youtube name is idranktheseawater.

So yeah, I know a few more but these are the ones I can name off of the top of my head... hope that helps

Edited by JayMusicGirl

There are several different extensions you can get for whatever browser you may have that blocks/hides comments for not just Youtube but other sites as well, much like the way Adblock works. For Google Chrome I use Sockinit (fitting title) and for Firefox, which I use when Chrome is acting weird occasionally, I use one that I think is simply called CommentBlocker. So that problem can simply be a thing of the past now :)

Also, in response to the sister's question with this thread, I know a few. There's this brother who makes comedy videos that are hilarious who's youtube name is TheItalianScarecrow. I don't know him personally but a while back he had a video up with him doing JW standup at a gathering that had been posted on the old JW Archive site. I subscribed to him and the rest is history. Also, there's this sister who posts videos to help those dealing with self harm, bulimia, mental issues, tourettes and so on who shares her experiences. Once again I found her through JW Archive because the brother who posted it asked if she was a youtube celebrity because that video had her confirming that she was one of Jehovah's Witnesses (someone had called her out in the comments for not saying it or something I think... probably an apostate). But anyway I subscribed because she was but I don't have any of the issues she discusses but her videos are still interesting. She even read from the Bible in one video with a scripture containing Jehovah's name. Her Youtube name is idranktheseawater.

So yeah, I know a few more but these are the ones I can name off of the top of my head... hope that helps

Thanks, that was very helpful!

Don't miss this one:

While on the subject, I would love to know if anyone put a clip on You Tube of our bus group singing outside the exit to the Detroit International Convention on June 8.

It was a magic moment and so many people had their cameras and I-pads pointed at us, I would love to see it on video.