JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the best all-in-one Theocratic study app for Windows 8 phone?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3426 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Unfortunately, the only thing that lets Windows phone down is the massive lack of good apps (I say that because there are loads of apps in the windows store, but many of them are bad quality and have poor ratings). I haven't found a study app that comes even close to Equipd on Windows Store. The FDS's own JW Library app is available, although it has not yet been updated to include videos (whereas this feature became available on the Apple version of the app months ago). There are ePub readers available in Windows Store, (I think Amazon's 'Kindle' app can read ePub's....though I am not sure. You can download publications in ePub format and do it that way. If there is enough demand, the developers of Equipd might see fit to do a Windows Store release. But that is not likely to be soon.

Personally, I have both Windows gear AND Apple gear. I think it goes without saying that (if you can afford it) Apple always wins.

Sorry to not be of much help, but this is the way it is, unfortunately. I will keep my eye on the Windows Store and let you know if anything pops up :)

Eureka! I have just stumbled upon a Windows app (it is NOT created by Brothers though) that might prove useful if you want to look at different translations of the Bible (a feature of Equipd that is indispensable) it is called Bible Study Tool Box, and it allows you to look at different translations of the Bible including, New American Standard, King James, King James 1611, American Standard Version, Darby Bible and Youngs Literal Translation. All these are translations Equipd has, except Equipd does not have King James 1611 (yes it does differentiate from the other King James). I regularly consult all these translations along with NWT when doing personal study. This particular app also includes various commentaries, topical resources ( Bible dictionaries) and lexical publications. I have downloaded it (it's free) and looks ok to me.

I will say again, it is NOT developed by JW's, so I cannot go on the record as saying its 100% alright.

Take a look and decide yourself, I might well keep it for future use.

The app looks good.  Works with Windows 8.1 as well as Windows Phone.  Going to give it a try.  There is nothing wrong in using these apps, just like there is nothing wrong in using and comparing different translations.  Used to use e-sword and pocket e-sword for comparing translations.

The Watchtower Library for Mobile is for Windows Mobile devices, not for Windows Phone.  Need to use the Online Library, or JW Library.