JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brothers in Russia need our prayers again!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3389 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The appeal to the court in that one region is due in a couple days. I think its Dec 11. 

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

JW Related topics for public consumption (i.e. non-members can read) go in the "JW Related News & Stuff" forum.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

That wonty do any good. Russia has already ignored so many of that courts orders they won't care. They should be thrown out of the European union for it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I heard that Russia holds our website as extremist

The difficult part is that we can be considered extremist. We are fully convinced of our Christian principles to the point that we refuse military service and even patriotism. That is something most Russians do not want to understand.

If Christian extremism = total non-violence and openness towards all other nationalities and races, then yeah! I'm an extremist :D

What's the news, has anyone in here heard, nothing yet on JW.ORG Newsroom.  It's now 6pm in Rostov Russia, where this trial was held.  Anxiously awaiting for results.  Our entire association of brothers around the globe have been praying for our brothers in Rostov.   Perhaps some in here who are closer to this region in Russia or some in Germany may know.   We are in suspense!

What's the news, has anyone in here heard, nothing yet on JW.ORG Newsroom.  It's now 6pm in Rostov Russia, where this trial was held.  Anxiously awaiting for results.  Our entire association of brothers around the globe have been praying for our brothers in Rostov.   Perhaps some in here who are closer to this region in Russia or some in Germany may know.   We are in suspense!

I'm afraid you will have to wait a little bit longer. The brothers in charge of the newsroom are very careful about what and how they publish.

Perhaps the court has been adjourned.

Better not to spread any rumours but to wait for official information.

I'm afraid you will have to wait a little bit longer. The brothers in charge of the newsroom are very careful about what and how they publish.

Perhaps the court has been adjourned.

Better not to spread any rumours but to wait for official information.

I'll periodically check JW.ORG, they are always up on the news that effect our brothers.  No rumors, spread here!  

That wonty do any good. Russia has already ignored so many of that courts orders they won't care. They should be thrown out of the European union for it.

Russia is not and never was in the European Union. In fact, the European Union (at least at this point) is a clear threat to the interests of the Russian Federation, since it is a NATO power and the lap-dog of the Anglo-American Empire. Just look at the silly tug of war in Ukraine between Russia and the E.U.

Having said that, the European Court for Human Rights upheld the right of Jehovah's Witnesses to congregate and preach months ago. This is turning into a political issue, and the Jehovah's Witnesses have long been seen as a seditious and subversive religious group undermining Russian interests at the behest of the United States, which is why we have our Headquarters in New York. Conspiracy theories are a huge thing in Russia, so I wouldn't be surprised if people thought we were related to the freemasons, a myth that the Nazis, too, circulated in order to call into question our true motives.

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm not putting my hopes up. Of course, the judge responsible for this case may actually turn out to be a level-headed and upright person who will reach a fair verdict, but even if that is the case, don't expect this to be the final word on the matter. The Russian authorities and the Orthodox church hate us to the very core and will continue to persecute.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but it sad to say in 2015, you will see in Russia long lines for food, etc because of the sanctions in which it will cause massive protests. Russia cannot survive without the Westren world.

I'm not so sure about that. Any protests will be met with massive force since Putin will fiercely oppose any attempt by the West to seditiously undermine his power. In the meantime, Russia is strengthening ties with China. Also, do not forget that Iran has been crippled by sanctions almost a half a century and the economy there has become surprisingly autonomous and strong. Besides that, another factor is that a lot of countries economies, particularly Germany, are also dependant on Russia.....

So there's still a few minutes in the game at this point.

My brother told me a few years ago that he wonders if the E.U. may switch loyalties in the course of time to become part of the King of the North. Geographically and politically this might actually happen, since Europe is far more dependant on Russia than the U.S.A. and since obviously Britain (King of the South) is breaking its' ties within the E.U. When that happens, I do worry about our freedom of religion.

I'm not so sure about that. Any protests will be met with massive force since Putin will fiercely oppose any attempt by the West to seditiously undermine his power. In the meantime, Russia is strengthening ties with China. Also, do not forget that Iran has been crippled by sanctions almost a half a century and the economy there has become surprisingly autonomous and strong. Besides that, another factor is that a lot of countries economies, particularly Germany, are also dependant on Russia.....

So there's still a few minutes in the game at this point.

My brother told me a few years ago that he wonders if the E.U. may switch loyalties in the course of time to become part of the King of the North. Geographically and politically this might actually happen, since Europe is far more dependant on Russia than the U.S.A. and since obviously Britain (King of the South) is breaking its' ties within the E.U. When that happens, I do worry about our freedom of religion.

Interesting points Ruben. We have to wait and see what happens in  Russia and beyond.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but it sad to say in 2015, you will see in Russia long lines for food, etc because of the sanctions in which it will cause massive protests. Russia cannot survive without the Westren world.

And perhaps, like NERO, they'll blame Jehovah's Witnesses.  Any excuse to cause more harm. 

Still no news, just rumours.

Hopefully, we will be hearing good news in one of the next meetings!

What I find extremely interesting is that despite all the Russia-bashing and Putin-bashing that has been going on within Western media for years, that none of the mainstream media outlets has taken advantage of this clear violation of religious freedom and human rights in order to portray Russia as inhumane.

The Taganrog court decision and the vicious prosecution of the 16 Witnesses in Russia would have been a perfect fit for the current mainstream mantra. 

Could it be that the entire corporate media is controlled by Satan and that we are his number one enemy? :D