JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

World stock market this week has the worst fall since 2011

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2957 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Its going to get a lot worse that much is guaranteed. 2015 will be interesting, as the latest tech and property bubbles are reaching the end of their cycles so another big market crash is imminent, largely because of all the quantitative easing and high powered money that's been injected into the global economy which is increasing indebtedness and inflation.

line is the global economy simply isn't productive and the stock markets are stark reflection of that. With the unprecedented amount of leverage that exists in the global system its only a matter of time before the "traveling merchants" utter "too bad, too bad". 

I see that was from Friday - here is something more recent ->

Thank you, Fed! Stocks have best day of 2014

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/17/investing/federal-reserve-patient-yellen/index.html

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I posted the speech Obama gave today which was the year end news conference and everything he stated was about how wonderful everything is here in the US, economy, climate change, healthcare, foreign relations. The U.S. is leading the world in everything... But when I see this I also think how things are not great, more are unhappy than happy, I wonder if this is a prelude to the pronouncement of peace when there is none? Time will tell! ⌛️

It's possible all nations would say it but I doubt it, I personally feel it will be the nations "leading" or "most powerful" which we know is the uS, And Britain with the UN. If it was truly peace everywhere then it doesn't go along with the scriptures. Remember a watchtower stating that it is said when they feel like "some" of the world's biggest problems are solved or handled. That would not mean all nations at once because remember it is not true peace.

It will be interesting to see how this "saying of 'peace and security ' " plays out.

What you are quoting is just one possibility of it. It may be a series of sayings, etc. the slave has been consistent with saying a "veneer" as in - it may be thin, but it still will look like the real thing - just don't look too close.

Soon .....

I don't understand why anyone would be in stocks right now. The current highs are because of QE. It won't last. 

In USA many are forced to be in stocks. Many have 401K plans and Pensions through the place they work in. Pensions and 410K's are locked in the Stock Market and when people have these, then they need to invest of what they have. Many chose to deversify with their stocks so they can  have more control over their money and they can move it around too. If the stocks go way down, then there is a good chance that those who diversify with their stocks went down too. If the stocks goes way up, then those who disversify  most likely their stocks went up too.

So, this will basically be call the roller coaster ride. So, put your hands up and enjoy.

In USA many are forced to be in stocks. Many have 401K plans and Pensions through the place they work in. Pensions and 410K's are locked in the Stock Market and when people have these, then they need to invest of what they have. Many chose to deversify with their stocks so they can  have more control over their money and they can move it around too. If the stocks go way down, then there is a good chance that those who diversify with their stocks went down too. If the stocks goes way up, then those who disversify  most likely their stocks went up too.

So, this will basically be call the roller coaster ride. So, put your hands up and enjoy.

Well if that's the case then i guess with this slump in Oil many will be kissing their pensions and 401K's good bye. As there's a correction coming in stocks. And unless there's even more intervention from the Fed its going to be big. Either way there's only so long QE can be used as an alternative for an inherently non-productive global economy drunk on cheap credit/debt.

Just a quick note - QE in the US ended over a month ago - and its end only drove stocks and the US dollar higher - http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/10/29/fed-cuts-monthly-asset-purchases-to-0-as-qe-comes-to-long-awaited-end/

Soon .....

My 401k is up and down. But it's been that way for the last 11 years I've had a 401k. True I try to rebalance my money every 3-6 months based on stats. But as long as I have some sort of a rainy day fund... I'm happy. It's money I don't really think about. So if it's gone one day due to collapse... oh well.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Brother Mikey, I like your balanced handling of the money! There is a saying never put ALL your eggs into one basket. That's what stocks should be used for extra because no one knows for sure. I personally watched one brother ruin his family over thinking of getting rich with stocks, it didn't happen and caused bad family relationships. It's been years now but I took notice so as never to do the same.

After another record high today   ...  I know where I'm crashin' when the GT hits   ...   Hey Jerry, Buddy, how ya doin' pal?!

It wont matter when the GT hits - I wont be able to spend it then, but all the time before   :bouncing:

So far for this year - so good. This is the work stuff:

post-272-0-12957200-1419282722.jpg

I am surprised that Goldman Sachs is doing so poorly, but I did just get in a few months back when they were at a high. But with a little dollar cost averaging I should be OK in a few more months.   :thumbsup:

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

It wont matter when the GT hits - I wont be able to spend it then, but all the time before   :bouncing:

So far for this year - so good. This is the work stuff:

attachicon.giffunds.jpg

I am surprised that Goldman Sachs is doing so poorly, but I did just get in a few months back when they were at a high. But with a little dollar cost averaging I should be OK in a few more months.   :thumbsup: in 

You're right   ...   I'll start loading up the Van (since gas is so low)   ....  stock up the fridge (and the liquor cabinet too) Your Deb and My Deb will be the best of friends and we can all Pioneer till the end   ...  see ya in a few  ...

... but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow    

cash in before the weekend, the rally will be over - and so will We!

Edited by timpin

I am not sure if I am comfortable with you living with me "until the end"  :eek: Why had we started that in 1974 when the end was only a year away - you would have lived with me for 40 years!!!

Better just plan on coming over for a few weeks and give a definite time when the trip will end :yes:

Soon .....

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/23/news/economy/us-gdp-economy-5-percent-growth/index.html

U.S. economic strength: This is the third and final reading on GDP, and the 5% figure represents an upgrade from the Commerce Department's initial estimate of 3.9% growth.

The stellar third quarter also marks an acceleration from the very strong growth of 4.6% during the second quarter and the rough first quarter when GDP was -2.1% due to the harsh winter weather.

All of that helps explain why hiring has increased dramatically this year. Employers added 321,000 jobs in November, making 2014 thestrongest year for job growth since 1999.

Soon .....