JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Witnesses buy Fishkill apartments

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3072 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/money/economy/2014/12/22/jehovahs-witnesses-buy-fishkill-rivercrest-apartments/20788311/

Quote:

It's not clear what the religious group plans, but research by the Poughkeepsie Journal shows other real estate deals and a need for housing of members in connection with the current construction of a new world headquarters in Warwick, Orange County.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

He said neighbors who have leases expiring this month have to work fast to find new homes. "I think it's pretty upsetting that at this time of year, families are told, we have to vacate the premises," he said.

There's a difference between "your lease won't be renewed" and "you have to vacate". Vacating is only necessary when notice has been served.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The small towns are always worried about taxes - especially for commercial properties. We are good neighbors and will work something out. We might even sell it after the project is finished. It only has 2 more years to go.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

What popped into my mind..maybe these will be used to house the righteous who may be resurrected first..Abraham..Isaac..Moses..Abel.........just a thought..we don't know yet for certain the resurrection details..Wow would that be a new environment!post-2322-0-67450600-1419577251_thumb.jp

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Beth-Sarim was not used for the (apparently) original purpose for which it was purchased through a donation, true enough, but it was used - for a theocratic purpose.  Jehovah always works things out for us.

*** yb75 p. 193 Part 3—United States of America ***

*** jv chap. 7 p. 76 Advertise the King and the Kingdom! (1919-1941) ***

Edited by rbrown1205

Wow that is a lot of money! I was hoping my donations would be used for something else besides a tennis court and swimming pool.

For short-term housing, it's cheaper to buy than it is to build, and when the new branch construction is finished they'll be able to sell the upgraded and repaired apartment complex for more than they paid in the first place.

Stavro, your idea makes sense from a practical point of view;  Buy it  - Use it  -  Sell it.  However, the WB&T Society is a non-profit organization.  If they were to engage in buying, improving and selling for a profit, would that not jeopardize their tax exempt status?

The brothers need to handle these purchases carefully for another reason - rest assured in the local area the word is out - Watchtower is BUYING.  I can imagine the asking price for a multi-family property is going up for that reason alone.

I am beginning to think these will be housing not only those helping to build warwick, but perhaps these will be the beginnings of where we will all live after Armageddon!!! Maybe these will be our communities?

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Stavro, your idea makes sense from a practical point of view;  Buy it  - Use it  -  Sell it.  However, the WB&T Society is a non-profit organization.  If they were to engage in buying, improving and selling for a profit, would that not jeopardize their tax exempt status?

Non-profit does not mean they cannot earn money, it means there can be no income-earning shareholders.

The corporation itself can earn as much money as it wants, by donations or by business transactions, as it has with the ongoing sales of the Brooklyn buildings, worth over a Billion dollars in total.

I am beginning to think these will be housing not only those helping to build warwick, but perhaps these will be the beginnings of where we will all live after Armageddon!!! Maybe these will be our communities?

well that would only be if there was selective destruction   ...   btw, there's a really nice house house at the foot of a mountain next to a lake that I wouldn't mind moving into after Army.    

I think we may be jumping the gun just a bit. There are millions upon millions of nice places in which to live throughout the world, whether they are houses, condos, apartments, etc. We just don't know what the angels will be directed to save or destroy when it comes to buildings outside of the Jehovah's organisation.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻