JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Getting To Know You

Hello, Friends!  Since I'm fairly new here, I decided to make this thread to get to know my fellow brothers and sisters.  So I'm going to make a list of questions for you to answer.  I'll put my answers next to them.  If you copy and paste the questions just erase my answers and yadda yadda yadda.  You get it.

1)  What year were you baptized?  2008

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  Once I'm comfortable, I'm a talker.

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  I can sing.  And I can twist my thumb around to touch the back of my hand.  Don't try this at home, kids.

4)  Do you have any pets?  Yes, Cooper Puppy the Chihuahua.

5)  What is your current job?  I work in a pet store and a groomer.

6)  If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be?  Either owning my own doggy daycare/boarding facility or a Rainbow Generator.

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?  Jeremiah.  He suffered from some form of depression yet endured. 

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Psalm 71: 17, 18

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs?  He Will Call and Please Hear My Prayer

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be?  Either getting rid of my student loans or being able to fly.  I'm sorry!  I just want to fly!  TT_TT

~Van

What year were you baptised? - 2007

In a social setting are you a talker or listener? - talker, quite a lot

Do you have any hidden talents? - I can sing really well...when nobody is listening

Do you have any pets? No, but I would really love a tiger

What is your current job - carer and full time kingdom evangeliser

If you can do one job for the rest of your life what would it be? - official Baileys taster

Which Biblical person would you want to meet in the new system? - Isaac, I want to know what was going through his mind in the split second before the angel stopped Abraham from sacrificing him.

What is your favourite scripture - Romans 5:18

Favourite Kingdom songs - a prayer of the lowly one, seek God for your deliverance

If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be? - a brain that works

Hey Brother William,

This was so funny, I literally LOL!

"Do you have any hidden talents?

- I can sing really well...

when nobody is listening"   :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

1)  What year were you baptized?  1972

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  I try to do both,  but I listen more.

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  none

4)  Do you have any pets?  nope.  will have a lion in the new world though.

5)  What is your current job?  Director in a private college.

6)  If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be?  Once i retire in a few years, pioneer

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?  Abel.  To find out what Adam and Eve looked like. 

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Romans 14:8

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs?  110 and 111

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be?  A way to help some of my family member to come into and back to the ttuth.

1)  What year were you baptized?  1964

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  Jokester - practical or not.

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  none

4)  Do you have any pets?  Wife and a toy poodle.

5)  What is your current job?  Director of tv or recliner, take your pick.

6)  If you can do one job the rest of your life what would it be?  Student of God's Word.

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?  Noah! To ask him why he didn't swat the mosquito.

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Romans 8:15-39

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs?  138

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be?  Wisdom

Edit: OK, I admit it, I stole the mosquito one from musky.

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 1 month later...

1)  What year were you baptized?  1995

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  Listener (but I can talk :D)

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  No

4)  Do you have any pets?  No

5)  What is your current job? Early Childhood Educator (JK/SK classroom)

6)  If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be?  My job now or anything related to be with kids

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?    Moses. What is the meekest person like and how did it feel in his own words to lead a nation like Israel.

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Psalm 34:8

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs?  77

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be? A way to always keep everyone happy :)

) What year were you baptized? 2006

2) In a social setting, are you a talker or listener? Once I'm comfortable, I'm a talker.

3) Do you have an hidden talents? Seen myself talking to others out of discouragement. Stopped one brother's divorce.encouraged one person to study, get baptized and now he is an elder. Another is an ministerial servant. One sister I encouraged is today a regular pioneer from 8 years.

4) Do you have any pets? no

5) What is your current job? I takecare of textile printing for my cousin brother. Like a manager for his business.

6) If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be? Would like to paint. Would like to play instruments (after seeing yaani concert)

7) Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system? Why? David.always felt he is a very emotional person in loving Jehovah. Found some of his qualities in traces into Me.

• 6 months later...

1)  What year were you baptized?  1987

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  I can be talkative to start conversations and draw others out to talk more.

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  Writing; Sing and Dance, but not hidden as the friends from our cong (mostly the younger ones) come over regularly for karaoke dance parties. Also, I have never lost a  hula hoop or pogo stick contest. 

4)  Do you have any pets?  Two dogs, Snowwhite and BabyGirl

5)  What is your current job?  Retired school teacher as of 5 months ago.

6)  If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be?  Learning and teaching about Jehovah, Jesus, and the Kingdom

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?  Ruth, I have always been fascinated by her life story, her humility, that she is in the ancestral line of Jesus, and she was not an Israelite.  

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Psalm 37:29, Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 119:105

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs? Song 17 -"Forward You Witnesses" written by an anointed brother in a concentration camp during WW2 Watchtower 3/15/88. Song 7-"Christian Dedication" can't get through it without blinking back tears.

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be? I pray one (or more) of my relatives would come into the truth, preferably my sons or my husband. Prayer, yes, but it is more than I dare to hope for. 

Edited by kejedo

Hello so glad to hear from you today

1 baptized in 1972 Detroit Michigan at tiger stadium

2 I am a listener until I feel comfortable than I am more sociable

3 enjoy writing short short poems

4 communications operator at a hospital

5 regular pioneer in a foreign land

6 would like to meet any of our dear sisters in the bible, maybe ask John the Baptist what did jehovahs voi e sound like

7 favorite scripture - 1 Peter 4:7 psalms 19:14 psalms 51: 10, 12 psalms 119: 11

8 favorite songs - 106 gaining Jehovahs friendship 56 please hear my prayer 126 labor of love

138 Jehovahs is your name

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Very good idea, Taylor !

(tu)

1)  What year were you baptized?  1996

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  I´m afraid I talk too much, but my friends say I am a good listener - so I guess both?!?

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  Hmm....they must be very well hidden...I´ll tell you as soon as I´ve found one.

4)  Do you have any pets?  Yes, a cute Maine Coon cat named Romeo.

5)  What is your current job?  I work as a personal assistant

6)  If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be?  A wild cat sitter!

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?  Job, because I would like to learn what gave him the strenght not to feel too much self-pity after all he had to suffer....

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Psalms 34:18; Ruth 1:16,17

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs?  He Will Call

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be?  Make my husband also accept the truth.

Edited by coonie77

Chrissy :wave:

Oh my this topic is so good I am new to this forum and I think I will introduce myself as well and I enjoy hearing how many of the friends came into the truth. And to hear experiences from various states and countries is an added bonus lol lol

What a great thread.  One of our young sisters in the congregation, baptized about 7 yrs, has taken pictures and interviewed each publisher to get to know them and how they learned the truth and similar questions as above.  She will make a book.  I have not seen the finished product.  I will find it very interesting myself.  as my husband and I are the only ones left in the congregation of the "original group" - the others have died and only one other has moved to another congregation (so that makes my husband the oldest one left).   What an interesting project for a young one. 

1)  What year were you baptized?  1957

2)  In a social setting, are you a talker or listener?  Both.

3)  Do you have an hidden talents?  not really

4)  Do you have any pets?  Yes, a husband; a Chihuahua, two outside lab dogs and a grand cat.

5)  What is your current job?  Nurse.

6)  If you can one job the rest of your life what would it be?   Same as Pauline:  learning and teaching about Jehovah, Jesus and the Kingdom.

7)  Which Biblical person would you want to meet first in the new system?  Why?  Deborah - and you know why. 

8)  What is your favorite scripture(s)?  Isa 41:10

9)  Favorite Kingdom Songs?  He Will Call .  

10)  If Jehovah could give you one thing right now what would it be? Have my disfellowshipped family members come back to Jehovah.

You mentioned that you are a new member, I am a new member as well. I am really enjoying this jw forum and the funny stories, encouraging points , theocratic thoughts to ponder on etc.

Especially our international brotherhood as well.

This November Jehovah has blessed me with the wonderful privilege to attend a Special Convention in Chiang Mai Thailand - I am counting down the days and making gifts for my sisters, brothers and the children

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk