JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Matthew audio recording now available

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3219 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

During the Annual Meeting, the Bible Audio recording was also the book of Matthew, wasnt it?

Yes. That is the one they have been working on. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My Wife and I have been enjoying listening to it we are on Chapter 9. and continuing after a quick break.  I had to come see if the word was out... I figured it would be.  Anyrthing new on jw.org gets noticed very quickly :)

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

The whole recording is just short of 3 hours.  But I wonder how long it really took.  The rehearsing, the recording, the re-recording, the re-recording after the umpteen time because someone had a case of the giggles.  Then all editing and packaged into a nice mp3 for us to listen to and enjoy!

Roll on Mark!

Fresh on jw.org! 2013 Revision of NWT MATTHEW is available! The beginning! ☺

post-4555-0-94058400-1419955350_thumb.jp

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Did you notice that the audio recording for the book of Matthew is now available?  :ecstatic: 

Just listened the recording. It is AWESOME!! I recognized brother Jackson playing the role of Jesus, if I'm right.

I want some more!!! And also in Romanian!

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I have listened to the first 7 chapters and I am blown away by the quality of the voice recording (feel sorry for a brother who was assigned Satan's voice ha ha ha .. :headphones:

I am at he point that I prefer now to listen then to read because of the multi-voices on the recording portraying different  persons !!!!  Can't wait for the book of Exodus ... :ecstatic:

Is this how you feel brothers and sisters ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I agree with you, Greg. I love the new recording. It makes me want to listen the Bible instead of reading it!

I think I could listen it in less than a year. I hope we'll have the whole Bible soon!

feel sorry for a brother who was assigned Satan's voice ha ha ha .. :headphones:

Me too! Ha ha ha

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

sounds like br Sanderson reading Sermon on the Mount and voice of Jesus..

awesome. 

wonder who got to speak the words of Jehovah @ 3:17?

what a privilege :wub:

Edited by feather

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Yes, the files are available to all devices of all makers.

To read online you can use your browser:
  http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/  

Once there you may also download entire file:

Select Second of three icons under magazine wanted (looks like a pair of headphones)

A menu will appear: Select ''MP3'' or "AAC"
  it will download to device.

----------------------------------------------------------

Or to play or download individual chapters this may help:
  http://www.jw.org/download/?booknum=0&output=html&pub=nwt&fileformat=MP3&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=1

I hope this was useful you.  

(Directions are actually the same for all devices regardless of the maker.)

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

You are right, Renee. It is brother Sanderson reading the sermon and the voice of Jesus.

There are only 2 occasions in the book of Matthew that renders the words of Jehovah. After listening several times...I think br Jackson's "improved" voice is the voice of Jehovah. What do you think?

unsure Daniela, it could be. listened many times, just cannot tell for sure

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16