JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Matthew audio recording now available

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3226 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No harm done. Its good to keep the topic near the top. :wink:

Perhaps others haven't seen it yet.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 months later...

Thanks 'markrp'.  I don't see Matthew or Galatians on jw.org.

I can use the download link from 'markrp'...but is it listed somewhere else on jw.org?  I am looking under 'Bible'.

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Interesting order. I assumed it would be released according to the order the books are arranged....anyway, it really doesn't matter. Glad we have a second book recording to listen to.

Not sure if this is the reasoning… Matthew was completed ~ 41 CE, Galatians ~50-52 CE. Maybe Thessalonians is next?

• 2 weeks later...

1st 2nd Thessalonians audio is now available.

I think we need to get a pool going to see which book is next.

Oh...wait....

That's a bad thing isn't it?.....

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Not sure if this is the reasoning… Matthew was completed ~ 41 CE, Galatians ~50-52 CE. Maybe Thessalonians is next?

Good call....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I just discovered something delightful. If you access the recordings of the Bible reading via the online library, you can actually follow along karaoke style! As each verse is read, the text is also highlighted and when you get to the bottom of your screen the next portion of text automatically jumps up.

What will Jehovah's organization come up with next?!

eg. http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwt/E/2013/40/2

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I just discovered something delightful. If you access the recordings of the Bible reading via the online library, you can actually follow along karaoke style! As each verse is read, the text is also highlighted and when you get to the bottom of your screen the next portion of text automatically jumps up.

What will Jehovah's organization come up with next?!

eg. http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwt/E/2013/40/2

Interesting! If they can do that they have the foundations for adding a feature to the Watchtower Library app where you tap a verse and have, just that verse, read to you.

On an unrelated note: I haven't seen this announced in the forum yet but, Equipd as been updated and a new version has been released that just contains the Bible. It acts as an ePub reader but gives you the option to add notes to each verse. Search for Equipd in the app store (iOS only as far as I know.)