JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - January 2015

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 844 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

As mentioned above, i watched this program with one brother. And during the first few minutes, he was like: WoW... here comes a shaking inside the congregation!

And for me, since he started very directly, i feared what he might say until the end :D

But really, we have had so many articles in the past about obedience. And it's still mentioned from time to time that we must closely follow all the instructions given by the FDS. It's now that i realize why it will be hard to be obedient. And this is just the beginning of it. 

From my POV, i think a lot of brothers and sisters are gonna have a hard time accepting those direct words about higher education. Maybe it differs from country to country, but almost every witness is gonna have a hard time accepting some advice from the FDS. That's the reality. 

My prayers go for all the brothers and sisters worldwide, to keep following closely the advises that we receive from the FDS.

As mentioned above, i watched this program with one brother. And during the first few minutes, he was like: WoW... here comes a shaking inside the congregation!

And for me, since he started very directly, i feared what he might say until the end :D

But really, we have had so many articles in the past about obedience. And it's still mentioned from time to time that we must closely follow all the instructions given by the FDS. It's now that i realize why it will be hard to be obedient. And this is just the beginning of it. 

From my POV, i think a lot of brothers and sisters are gonna have a hard time accepting those direct words about higher education. Maybe it differs from country to country, but almost every witness is gonna have a hard time accepting some advice from the FDS. That's the reality. 

My prayers go for all the brothers and sisters worldwide, to keep following closely the advises that we receive from the FDS.

Good comment my brother, the explanation brother Morris gave makes so much sense .. I mean really so much sense ! FDS brothers get letters and updates from CO's on what is happening in the Congregations worldwide .. I think they have a VERY GOOD REASON to give such a direct counsel and warning ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I am sorry that what you are saying is somewhat true  Brother Andrej.  Many of the friends have lost sight of the fact that these dear loyal, brothers, imperfect that they are, are being directed by our King Jesus.  Do any of us think that HE (Jehovah) would have HIS Son direct the earthly part of his kingdom wrong.  If the FDS were to write  in the watchtower that we have to put mud on our feet every Friday, then I will have muddy feet every Friday.  In print recently, the slave said that we may be tempted to question some decisions that will come from them or the elders, but being loyal to Jehovah, we will not.  This may be our Kings way of sifting out those strong to the truth vs those not strong, giving the weaker ones time to prepare now.  The current Nov 2014 WT Study copy has a very interesting picture in one of the study articles.  We all have to beg the Master for more faith, to be prepared for what may be a few hours, days, weeks, months, or years (hopefully not years!) away.  Just my 2 cents worth.  We need to pray for our weaker friends, and give them encouragement while there is still time to do so.  Written with love and hope for the brotherhood.  

Wow, very direct counsel... Love it! :) Thought it was an interesting point that after taking into consideration the resulting effect on the brothers in the Legal Department who attended university at the discretion of the Society, and the environment they were exposed to there, that this was discontinued and that if Bethel needs brothers in this department, they will not pay for them to receive university education. Really, the program prompts us to ask ourselves: Which do I value more - higher education at a worldly institution, or the highest education, divine teaching?

I really enjoyed "Lawyer Interview"  I think it's beneficial for us to see "small machines" and legal elements in Jehovah's Organization and what they are doing in our behalf ... 

Also I thought that brother David S helper to the Teaching Commitee looked quite young and humble,... good example for us in our local congregations to encourage young ones (and not so young ) to reach out and press in to maturity in line with below text:

Keep on giving these commands and teaching them.  Let no man ever look down on your youth. On the contrary, become an example to the faithful ones in speaking, in conduct, in love, in faith, in chasteness. 1 Tim 4:11-12

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

How nice for our brothers in Malawi to become such a practical device. It seems to be the Lifeplayer MP3 (http://lifelinetrading.net/lifeplayer-mp3-home/item/lifeplayer-mp3). It has many features - good choice.

Thanks for spotting it. You are right! It looks like it.

This article says it costs around $80.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1689361/lifeplayer-mp3-radio-worlds-most-forgotten

"The cost is estimated at $80, but depends on the features chosen, such as memory size."

Edited by WilliamChew

"The Lifeplayer MP3 is available for educational and humanitarian initiatives and is not for commercial sale."

But there is a similar product: The Encore Player (http://freeplayenergy.com/aid-and-development/products/encore-player)

I think it is also practical for desaster precaution. You have lights in it and it can charge your phone.

I am busy downloading the January program. But looking at the comments, I cannot wait to watch it at home with my wife and children tonight.

Hearing about direct counsel, makes me worry a bit. (Not really)

Br. Morris is here in South Africa Bethel for a visit at the moment. On Sunday, we'll be attending a 3 hours program streamed to our Kingdom Hall. I am so exited. We haven't had this before. (The live streaming I mean)

A brother from SA Bethel posted a pic of himself with Br. Morris last night after their Monday Family Worship. And I am convinced. Br. Morris is Caleb and Sophia's Grandfather. There is a resemblance. LOL

HIGHER EDUCATION

wow, wow wow... so direct, sooo very true.   ... I work as a teacher at University level and I can tell you that everything the brothers say is true.  The advice is practical honest, frank and loving.  The world may mock but from the bottom of my heart I BEG parents to take all this advice seriously - fight for your kids because satan WANTS them.   The education system is designed to remodel student's thinking and values.  That is what it is for!  

Get a diploma in a practical skill, and get a good spiritual education, attend a bible school and work on a beautiful career in the truth!

Edited by sunshine

I am busy downloading the January program. But looking at the comments, I cannot wait to watch it at home with my wife and children tonight.

Hearing about direct counsel, makes me worry a bit. (Not really)

Br. Morris is here in South Africa Bethel for a visit at the moment. On Sunday, we'll be attending a 3 hours program streamed to our Kingdom Hall. I am so exited. We haven't had this before. (The live streaming I mean)

A brother from SA Bethel posted a pic of himself with Br. Morris last night after their Monday Family Worship. And I am convinced. Br. Morris is Caleb and Sophia's Grandfather. There is a resemblance. LOL

Br Morris was direct indeed, but we could see he put his whole heart when addressing to the parents! I love the way he speaks!

So...Jako enjoy his visit and give us some nice ideas he will speak about. Please!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

wonder if the monthly broadcast -

should it continue from its current 'trial basis' <-- br Lett in Oct program -

will eventually become entitled with a theme,

as OKM is now doing.

this month's theme would seem to lean toward 'Divine Education'   :bible2:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Br Morris was direct indeed, but we could see he put his whole heart when addressing to the parents! I love the way he speaks!

So...Jako enjoy his visit and give us some nice ideas he will speak about. Please!

Wish I could see the reaction of the Witness parents he was referring to.  You now they recognized themselves.  Well, the ones that are still in the Truth.

Bro Morris does seem to be a brother who is very direct and straight forward with his words.  Very good counsel with regards to higher ed, and frank experiences too.

If you are not going for higher education, then something else should be in that place, that something else is Divine education.

Ok, off topic, but why is Bro Morris call Bro Morris III (the third).  The only people over here with numbers after their name would be members of the royal family.

Bro Morris does seem to be a brother who is very direct and straight forward with his words.  Very good counsel with regards to higher ed, and frank experiences too.

If you are not going for higher education, then something else should be in that place, that something else is Divine education.

Ok, off topic, but why is Bro Morris call Bro Morris III (the third).  The only people over here with numbers after their name would be members of the royal family.

Over here, for every generation born that the exact same, middle and last name are given to, count in line.  For instance, John Michael Smith might get married and have a son and name him John Michael Smith.  So now he becomes John Michael Smith II.  Farther down the road, for every son born into that family given that exact same name, he would then be the third (III), fourth and so on.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I will most definitely. I watched the programme last night. I couldn't help to thing about how Jehovah just keeps on feeding us with the right food at the right time.

Just about every monthly programme or other video, came with information about a topic raised in our family worship just before the release.

But... he is a member of the highest royal family! Right? Haha!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Yup, I can't find the October program anywhere, at least nowhere publicly accessible.

If anyone wants a backup copy of the October program, the old download links seem to work for the moment, but that might change in the near future.

Update: The October program is back on the list, apparently the removal was unintentional.

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODFeaturedProgramming