JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is there a way to download JW Broadcasting episodes?

My family and I tried to watch the December broadcast last night. Previously, I was able to use my Android tablet and navigate to the video on demand with Google Chrome and once I started playing the video, I could Chromecast it to my television. But last night, the chromecast icon would not respond to my clicking it, and then it would disappear. I ended up having to drag out the laptop and hook it up via an HDMI cable.

I don't know why chromecasting didn't work. It could be a bug in the current release of Chrome for Android.

At any rate, a simpler process could take place if I could just download the video, but I noticed that unlike our other videos, these episodes seem to be set up to stream only with no download options.

How can I work around this and download the episode?

I am not going to go buy a Roku. I would rather download the file and use my Plex server to stream it to my TV if the Chromecast is going to continue to not work anymore.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think it's been said multiple times in the topics, but it's never too much to repeat it once again. You can activate the developer's tab on chrome by pressing F12. There you will find a tab named "resources". Underneath you will see a folder named "Frames" which can open additional menu's. There you will find (tv.jw.org). Underneath that menu you will see a folder named "Media". There is one and one file only. Right click -> open in new tab. And it will automatically start to download. The quality depends on the quality that you have selected in your settings. Different quality has different link.

P.S. You need to first play the video, then press F12 etc.

Edited by Andrejrulz

I use Video Downloader Pro, a Chrome browser extension. It works very good, and even enables me to burn DVD's for those who don't have internet. The extension can be found here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil

Edited by wpw

I think it's been said multiple times in the topics, but it's never too much to repeat it once again. You can activate the developer's tab on chrome by pressing F12. There you will find a tab named "resources". Underneath you will see a folder named "Frames" which can open additional menu's. There you will find (tv.jw.org). Underneath that menu you will see a folder named "Media". There is one and one file only. Right click -> open in new tab. And it will automatically start to download. The quality depends on the quality that you have selected in your settings. Different quality has different link.

P.S. You need to first play the video, then press F12 etc.

Mine does not have a "Media" folder. However, the link to the video is under "XHR"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Hear is what mine looks like - as you can see, this is Chrome (Version 35.0.1916.114 m) and the video was played and paused ....

post-2173-0-83829000-1420416232.jpg

However, I just "updated" my Chrome (Version 39.0.2171.95 m) and now it shows "Media"

post-2173-0-22213500-1420416721.jpg

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I am not going to go buy a Roku. I would rather download the file and use my Plex server to stream it to my TV if the Chromecast is going to continue to not work anymore.

I used to think this way.  I have a BluRay that is connected to my home computer network and the player has Netflix and Hulu apps.  I also run a dlna server that the BluRay can see and stream downloaded videos straight to the TV.  I felt I had no need for a Roku.

Then my in-laws bought us a Roku 2.  Let me tell you, streaming through the Roku 2 is much easier than what I was doing.  Plex has an app for the Roku.  Connecting to JW Broadcasting is so much easier through the Roku.  

The Roku seems a bit easier than what I was doing.

With PLEX, I have the file on my PC and imported into my PLEX library.

On my phone/tablet, I have the PLEX app that allows me to stream the file on my PC to my TV via Chromecast. It's currently how I watch most things on TV after downloading them.  

I was able to Chromecast directly from tv.jw.org without downloading anything, but last night it wanted to be finicky with me :angry: . So I must therefore implement Plan B, which was to download and use PLEX. But I couldn't figure out how to download, so I had to resort to plan C, and hook the laptop up to the TV with a.... GASP!.... hdmi cable :P 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Does anyone know when the January broadcast is coming on?  I thought it might be today.

Oct, Nov, Dec were each broadcast on 1st Mon of that month.

it would seem likely Jan Program will be added tomorrow.

(tu)

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Hope all has been said though, but I would like to add mine which I've been using to download every episode of Jw tv since the introduction of the broadcasting.

I use internet download manager. It will start to download any video the moment you start streaming or watching. It is very fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloading JW Broadcasting programs is actually much easier. Based on the filename, I just tried accessing it via the publication download URL, using "jwb" as the publication mnemonic, YYYYMM as the issue parameter and MP4 as the format: And it works. For example the January episode can be found here:

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201501&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E

This works without any add-ons, extensions, developer features etc.

Downloading JW Broadcasting programs is actually much easier. Based on the filename, I just tried accessing it via the publication download URL, using "jwb" as the publication mnemonic, YYYYMM as the issue parameter and MP4 as the format: And it works. For example the January episode can be found here:

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201501&option=TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF&txtCMSLang=E

This works without any add-ons, extensions, developer features etc.

Little fuzzy yet, what exactly did you type into the address bar to find the video?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Downloading JW Broadcasting programs is actually much easier.

Nope :(

It's not easier and its definitely not practical. ( Speaking on my behalf, and on behalf of all those technology newbies )

Little fuzzy yet, what exactly did you type into the address bar to find the video?

It requires that you know a little bit about how website link works... 

jw.org/[1]download/?[2]fileformat=MP4&[3]output=html&[4]pub=jwb&[5]issue201501

1- you are searching in the download directory of jw.org

2- for a file which is in mp4 format

3- you want it to be displayed on the web ( I think? )

4- i don't know what is it, i just followed along Arthur

5- you are looking for the file that was uploaded in January 2015

Edited by Andrejrulz

Tried it, works good.  You can simplify it a bit

"http://www.jw.org/download/?langwritten=E&pub=jwb&issue=201501"

pub=jwb > Monthly Program

jwbmw > Morning Worship

jwbrd > Reports and Docs

jwbur > Tours

jwbgg > Gilead

jwbam > Annual Meeting

You can replace pub= to whatever pub you want,  w=study watchtower g=awake, wp=public watchtower, km=kingdom ministry

For other publications remove the last bit &issue=  example &pub=yb15 for the 2015 yearbook.

For other languages change the langwritten=E to the language code.

Yeah, its not easy, and but it may be useful for some people.

Edited by Jonathan77

Best program to download would be VSO downloader (has the logo of a silver circle with what looks like a red flame in the middle)

Install it on your PC and when you view the video on tv.jw.org it will automatically download it for you.

Just another idea for people!

TVM :)

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.