JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is there a way to download JW Broadcasting episodes?

Anyone else notice that the October and November programs had a bitrate of about 3000, but since then it has gone down to about 1500 (for the 720p).  No difference in quality though.  Also means the size has halved, from about 1200mb to 600mb so much better for those with limited downloads or connection speeds.

Hi Friends,

Great suggestions! Just wanted to add this to the mix. If your interested in downloading the broadcasts to your iPhone or iPad, here's a video showing how to do it:

http://appchasers.com/2014/12/19/video-how-to-download-and-save-jw-broadcasting-videos-tv-jw-org-to-your-ipad/

This might particularly be handy for those looking to play the episodes for the friends at the hall and want a copy stored locally to prevent Internet lag.

My family and I tried to watch the December broadcast last night. Previously, I was able to use my Android tablet and navigate to the video on demand with Google Chrome and once I started playing the video, I could Chromecast it to my television. But last night, the chromecast icon would not respond to my clicking it, and then it would disappear. I ended up having to drag out the laptop and hook it up via an HDMI cable.

I don't know why chromecasting didn't work. It could be a bug in the current release of Chrome for Android.

At any rate, a simpler process could take place if I could just download the video, but I noticed that unlike our other videos, these episodes seem to be set up to stream only with no download options.

How can I work around this and download the episode?

I am not going to go buy a Roku. I would rather download the file and use my Plex server to stream it to my TV if the Chromecast is going to continue to not work anymore.

yho! I'm surprised you asking, your language suggests you know more about computers than the rest of us... i don't know half of what you said. Or maybe it just me who doesn't know anything, lol.

the recent 1st ever Navajo CA was just a short distance from here,

the local friends are excited about their increase in the field

in the Navajo interview, appreciate her statement from Gilead:

"Shovel the coal.
 We are not on deck with the Captain. 
  We are on the bowels of the ship.
  It is not up to us to question
 why the Captain says to do one thing or another."

we are taught humility & obedience in so many ways.
  wonderful.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

That's interesting British Arthur. I will try it out. I am also looking for an easier way to download the programs.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

Thank you Br Andrej! I was also looking for the download for the first Kingdom School Highlights.

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

A question from me, I'm trying to understand better - please bear with me, educate me   ...   This is just my view: Unless you NEED to SHOW a video to someone specific in a remote area, all that downloading takes up too much device space. Just tap into tv.jw.org when you want to view something (let the site be the store) isn't that what the video-on-demand and streaming features are for? ... or am I missing the point?

A question from me, I'm trying to understand better - please bear with me, educate me   ...   This is just my view: Unless you NEED to SHOW a video to someone specific in a remote area, all that downloading takes up too much device space. Just tap into tv.jw.org when you want to view something (let the site be the store) isn't that what the video-on-demand and streaming features are for? ... or am I missing the point?

The majority of tablets sold right now are "WiFi only" they do not connect to a "mobile" cell network and are therefore less expensive. So unless there is a WiFi network nearby that you can connect to, there would be no way to access JW broadcasting from a householder's door. Also, even ones that do connect to a cell network, sometimes you do not have a great signal and the video may drop in and out as it buffers. Most devices have plenty of storage space and an inexpensive SD card can be added to greatly increase the storage capacity, I have all the relevant videos on my WiFi only tablet and still have 20+ GB to spare.

Some ISPs have a limited download quota, so streaming means the video can only be viewed or downloaded once.

Some ISPs have a limited bandwidth, so streaming means the video has to go through 10+ minutes of buffering for every five minutes of video.

Most people do not have unlimited cell data, even one video downloaded over 3G could cause a high-cost overage.

When showing the video in the KH, streaming is prone to buffering, ISP disconnections, etc, all of which are entirely negated with a download.

The elderly and infirm rarely have internet at all, so downloading allows them to get every video on DVD.

regarding downloading.  I do watch 99% of the tv online but for specific talks I like to download them onto my computer.  I sometimes convert them to mp3, and listen to them on my mp3 player on my way to work.  

I don't have a smartphone or tablet that I can use for wifi outside of my home.  I certainly don't download everything because as has been said, that would take up an enormouse amount of space.

Edited by sunshine

Chrome extension "Video Downloader Professional" lights up an arrow when there's a downloadable video on the page. Start playing the video, and the arrow should light. Click the arrow, then click the green button in that popup. Instant download!

I use this in the highlands of Peru, where I am serving as a Regular Pioneer, for two reasons. I want to watch this again :D , and the internet is very sketchy here!  <_<

"I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love." Romans 8:38, 39

"Estoy convencido de que nada puede separarnos del amor de Dios" Romanos 8:38, 39