JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

12 Dead in Paris Terror Attack

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3363 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Paris (CNN)At least 12 people were killed in Wednesday's attack on a satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, in Paris, regional official Jean-Paul Huchon said.

The gunmen "will be chased as long as necessary, so that they can be stopped and be brought before judges," French President Francois Hollande said.
Earlier, the President said, "This is a terrorist attack, there is no doubt about this."

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/07/europe/france-satire-magazine-gunfire/

Excuse if this has been posted.  I came on to read about it!  But did not see it posted...

Its so bad what is happening. I heard Bali was expecting another wave of attacks. won't it be great when we will Never again hear of this sort of attacks.

I keep thinking about the scriptures the one that says those hoping in Jehovah he saves. & How Jehovah looks after those who stay with him...& he protects those who follow him

I know we are affected by all this. we can't hide from all these events. Lately I have been thinking about these verses. 

Thanks CyreJay, I didn't see any of these reports on our news.

Edited by Shawnster

Edited to fix headline size.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I think we may look back at today & the killings in Paris, France, as a definitive pivot point.  Could we well remember this event as having real significance.  The perpetrators absolutely acted on behalf of Islamic extremism....being followers of the Muslim religion.  They were very precise and cold blooded in carrying out their mission....to avenge in behalf of the prophet 'Muhammad.' over a newspaper cartoon.  As I was watching the news coverage of events, I wondered how much longer governments will put up with these terroristic mass killings, until they ask for help from the United Nations.

The brothers on the Governing Body...either in talks or in the the pages of the Watchtower, have told us, to 'keep awake' and aware of what is taking place globally.  Could it be, that these types of attacks will continue to escalate...until countries see the futility of the situation they are up against and they may try to collectively consolidate... under the banner of the U.N. to fight the terrorist.  Of course, Jehovah God will have to put this thought into their minds...then all bets are off...only Jehovah knows!!

Edited by nanceebgd46

As awful as this event is, I doubt the UN will do anything.......yet

My gut feeling tells me that the UN will get involved AFTER an event happens on US or UK soil.......just my two cents.

I could be wrong, in fact, I HOPE I'm wrong, but I just think that something bad has to happen FIRST.

Edited by zoebarry

My gut feeling tells me that the UN will get involved AFTER an event happens on US or UK soil.......just my two cents.

I could be wrong, in fact, I HOPE I'm wrong, but I just think that something bad has to happen FIRST.

I understand how you feel, but do not expect a single catalyst to lead up to the attack on Babylon the Great. It could just as well come suddenly and unexpectedly after a long array of smaller events such as this one or atrocities such as in Iraq and Syria.

When will people learn to stop antagonising each other?

The Charlie Hebdo magazine had been antagonising Islamists for ages. You can only poke a snake in the face for a certain amount of time before it will try and bite you.

It's the same with North Korea and America.

The Americans make a film about assassinating the North Korean Dictator so they hack into Sony and cause a bit of a stir. On the other hand North Korea spout a load of rhetoric and so America and the rest of the world put sanctions on North Korea that causes the country to be impoverished and starving possibly killing many civilians. All because of freedom of speech and in the name of winding each other up.

When will they learn? Probably not before it is too late. The moral of the story is if you wind a volatile country or religion up expect retaliation.

PS I am not justifying any particular action, I have just noticed a recent trend that is hidden behind the mask of free speech.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

The timing of Jehovah's execution on false religion does not depend on "any events" but rather HIM acting and putting the thought in the hearts to destroy false religion ..It could happen tomorrow if this is on Jehovah's calendar. (just remember it will come as a thief......  :ph34r: least expected.)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

From UN:

Ban outraged by ‘horrendous and cold-blooded’ attack on French magazine

“The members of the Security Council reaffirmed the need to combat by all means, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations, threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts .....  http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=49741#.VK4fk3ufaRg

He mentions "by all means" ...come on UN guys ..wake up ! and do something about religion ! ... I want to start building my house in Paradise ! :D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The Charlie Hebdo magazine had been antagonising Islamists for ages. You can only poke a snake in the face for a certain amount of time before it will try and bite you.

The Americans make a film about assassinating the North Korean Dictator so they hack into Sony and cause a bit of a stir. On the other hand North Korea spout a load of rhetoric and so America and the rest of the world put sanctions on North Korea that causes the country to be impoverished and starving possibly killing many civilians. All because of freedom of speech and in the name of winding each other up.

When will they learn? Probably not before it is too late. The moral of the story is if you wind a volatile country or religion up expect retaliation.

PS I am not justifying any particular action, I have just noticed a recent trend that is hidden behind the mask of free speech.

Charlie Hebdo cartoonist Charbonnier was quoted as saying he'd rather die than change his ways.  And so he did.  He will be seen as a sort of martyr for democracy and free speech, something the western world has always believed worth dying for.  And so nothing really changes in the world stage, as Satan just manipulates another set of puppets to replay the same scenes.

Until Jehovah acts, we are all sadly affected by what occurs in this satanic world.  We know how cheap the value of our lives are in this system.  I just am so grateful that we have the focus and hope of something truly superior about to come with the paradise earth and new world.  It's the only thing that keeps us sane.  I really don't know how the world will cope with what's soon to be unleashed. 

"People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27  And then they will see the Son of man+ coming in a cloud with power and great glory.+ 28  But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.” - Luke 21:26-28

Agree with the comments above... Thoough I do think what webe seen today and again this morning is a piece of this jigsaw. Things can detereorate very quickly . Things may escalate or calm down again... In general the milk I's waiting to boil over.

It's a wonderful protection for us to know neither the details or the timing. It's in Jehovahs hands and we know where our focus should be.

Keep safe brothers and sisters.

Gu

Maybe so, the coalition of western nations who give the impression of a form of "freedom" will perhaps join together as one to bring down this religion, but not only this brand of man made religion and worship, but all of false religions heaped on one big burner.  Jehovah will start that fire burner right up!  That remains for us to keep on the watch as we see this getting clearer and clearer towards the Great Tribulation and Armagadden.  Agree highly with dear one in here, who said NEVER AGAIN will any of Jehovah's chosen earthly class will hear the news of mass destruction of human lives.    

Having said that, look at all the crap Christendom and Christians have had to put up with. Take "Life of Brian" for example.

Yet you did not see self-proclaimed Christians or true Christians bite the one poking them like a vicious snake. I have to say I find it shameful that you are seemingly trying to justify taking a life for a snarky remark when this is way beyond anything close to "an eye for an eye"!

Sorry to say this, but you're wrong on so many levels. We are not talking about a "volatile religion", we are talking about a religion whose origins are based on violence and extremism.

See Matthew 7:15 and the following. These verses are all about Mohammed and his fruit of this foul seed that can be clearly discerned today.

Having said that, look at all the crap Christendom and Christians have had to put up with. Take "Life of Brian" for example.

Yet you did not see self-proclaimed Christians or true Christians bite the one poking them like a vicious snake.

I didn't say I did. However the Satirical newspaper that has been attacked had previously been firebombed and required guards due to their persistent mocking of someones religion. I view their continued actions as unwise and drawing unwanted trouble to themselves Ie: poking a snake in the face.

How did you view their actions? Wise? Stupid? Dangerous? Antagonistic? I would be interested to know.

I have to say I find it shameful that you are seemingly trying to justify taking a life for a snarky remark when this is way beyond anything close to "an eye for an eye"!

Nobody was trying to justify anything. If you care to carefully re-read my post I specifically say in the post script (PS) "I am not justifying any particular action I have just noticed a recent trend that is hidden behind the mask of free speech."

I was merely highlighting the antagonizing that goes on that results in actions being taken by someone else. I was not saying anything was justified, just merely making an observation for which you have incorrectly labeled me shameful. Are my comments more or less shameful than those of the satirical newspaper? All I was doing was stating an observation.

Sorry to say this, but you're wrong on so many levels. We are not talking about a "volatile religion", we are talking about a religion whose origins are based on violence and extremism.

If "a religion whose origins are based on violence and extremism" is not a "volatile religion" then i am not sure what does constitute a volatile religion. Please explain.

I realize you are passionate about this subject and you have every right to be angry at the actions of these extremists but you don't need to go around hammering your brothers for stating innocent observations on recent news events. This antagonizing attitude that I have seen in the news seems to be getting more common don't you think?

:flowers:

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

:flowers:

Sorry, I blewmy top there. I've heard this kind of thing often lately and I often get the impression people feel they got what was coming to them. It may not be wise to insult North Korea or Mohammed but they pretty much have to live with it like anyone else has to.

Was it wise to provoke? Probably not. But generally as a Christian I support anything that has to do with not limiting freedom of speech because our entire preaching campaign is also dependant on it. Even if it hurts to be insulted every once in a while because of it. One day it's no longer okay to say Mohammed was a plundering warlord and the next day it won't be okay to say that there's such a thing as false religion ..

As regards the "volatile" part, I somehow got that mixed up with "vulnerable".... sorry!

Oh, please...  

Yes, I see  your point.  In light of the previous attacks on Charlie Hebdo, the attack shouldn't come as a total surprise.  The fact that radical Islamic terrorists threaten anyone that insults Islam or Mohammad should serve as a warning to anyone that does so.  To provoke a radical state or unbalanced individuals is risking your own life.

The idea, however, that satire and mocking other cultures or religions is a recent trend, however, is quite inaccurate.  Mockery, insults and satire have existed almost as long as humanity.  You can easily find historical evidence that shows satire as commentary goes back for centuries.

From THE COLUMBIA ENCYCLOPEDIA:

From ancient times satirists have shared a common aim: to expose foolishness in all its guises — vanity, hypocrisy, pedantry, idolatry, bigotry, sentimentality — and to effect reform through such exposure. The many diverse forms their statements have taken reflect the origin of the word satire, which is derived from the Latin satura, meaning "dish of mixed fruits," hence a medley.

The current trend is not antagonism hiding behind free speech.  The current trend is violently reacting to such antagonism.  Yes, if you poke a bear long enough it will attack.  However, we're not discussing a bear.  We're discussing humans that should know better.  We're discussing a religion that claims to be one of peace.  We're discussing a people that have escalated their violent response out of proportion to the offense given.  

Simon, I gather you are quite a bit younger than I am.  Perhaps you only read about Salmon Rushdie's book "The Satanic Verses" as history or, perhaps, you are unaware of this event.  In 1988, Rushdie wrote this book that some Muslims considered blasphemous.  As a result, Rushdie's life was threatened and the Ayatollah Kohmeini issued a fatwa calling for Rushdie's life.  This was in 1988, nearly 30 years ago, and my first exposure to Islamic radicalism. This was before the time we started calling these people extremists or terrorists.  

These attacks are completely out of proportion to the offense.  You know that and I know that.  It would be one thing if I was sitting in your home, Simon, mocking you and making fun of your family.  You would have every right to throw me out of your home.  You might even feel justified in punching me in the mouth since I had the audacity to humiliate you and your family in your own home.  It's quite another thing, however, for you to get on a plane, fly to the United States, come into my home and punch me in the mouth because I was making jokes about you to my my wife and my neighbors.  

Charlie Hebdo is published in France, not in a Muslim country.  Further, the target audience of Charlie Hebdo was not directly the Muslim community or anyone that would have been offended by their content.  The writers and publishers and staff of Charlie Hebdo did not invade Muslim nations, nor did they break into Muslim homes in France and force these people to read their magazine.  Freedom of speech also includes freedom to not read or listen to what offends an individual.  If the Muslims do not like Charlie Hebdo's content, then they shouldn't read it.  Ban the magazine from their country.  Block their website.  Forbid travel visas to their staff.  There are plenty of responses more appropriate than killing 12 people, including people who had nothing to do with the magazine or its publication.

Maybe we're looking at a chasm due to cultural differences.  Western cultures don't act like this.  Western cultures don't think like this. Yes, radical Christians have bombed abortion clinics.  Yes, Christendom has a bloody history of warfare as illustrated by the IRA and Protestants vs. Catholics in decades past.  However, these assaults were over different causes than simple satire or insults.  As noted above, Monty Python made "The Life of Brian" back in the 70s and that movie satirizes Christ.  In 1987 artist Andreas Serrano created a piece that featured an image of the crucified Christ submerged in urine.   For decades people have satirized Christendom just as much as Islam, yet we have never seen radical Christians kill anyone over a "free speech" issue.  The Pope does not declare fatwas against these individuals.  

It's this cultural difference I simply do not understand,  I do not understand these people that think and feel murder is an appropriate response to mockery.  I do not understand the hatred.  I cannot wrap my mind around this concept and I cannot see this issue from their point of view.  It's alien to me.  It's beyond my ability.  I do not understand.  I also do not understand why this thinking is tolerated.  As I've pointed out, this mindset has been active for nearly 30 years.  It's probably been there longer, but I can't think of any previous Islamic terrorist act prior to the 1979 revolution and the taking of hostages in Iran.  Well, there was the terrorist attack on the Israeli Olympic team in 1972, but that's more of the ongoing Arab-Israeli conflict than a religious attack.  

This mindset is one-sided and not consistent within their own standards.  I know a sister from a previous DB who used to live in an Islamic nation while her husband worked on an oil field.  She dressed conservatively just as all western women did that lived there.  Not the complete burka, but definitely not a mini-skirt.  She shared an experience about one time she was followed through this store by the Muslim men who were belittling her for the way she was dressed, that she was dressed immodestly by their standards, etc...  She turned to them and asked them why they were looking at her.  Under their own beliefs, these men were not supposed to be looking at a woman they weren't married to.  So, while these men were "offended" by her appearance, they were being hypocritical and not applying their own standards to themselves.

Again, this may be part of that cultural divide that separates the Middle East from the West, but Western thinking is opposed to yielding to such tactics.  To people living in Western countries, the idea of stopping the satire and not mocking Mohammad any longer is completely alien and foreign.  The Western mind cannot comprehend yielding to such terrorist tactics.  To these people, surrendering to such terrorist tactics is akin to surrendering their entire country and culture to Islam.  The thinking is if Islam is allowed to dictate what can and cannot be published, what is and is not considered offensive, then where will the line be drawn?  What will Islam be allowed to dictate next?  Will women have to start wearing burkas?  At what point does national sovereignty take affect?  "You can tell us what to print, but you can't tell us what to wear.  OK, you can tell us what to wear, but not what to worship.  OK, you can tell us what to worship but not..."

Lastly, to say or imply that Charlie Hebdo should have known better may set some people off.  I know I was offended by the USA Today entitled "People Know the Consequences."  Yes, people do know the consequences of mocking Islam, especially these last 30 years.  However, I felt the article was basically saying "these people asked for it."  That's how it came across.  To me, this is similar to telling that young college girl that dressed slutty and got raped at the college party that she "asked for it."  Yes, she shouldn't dress like a slut. Yes, she should choose better associates. Yes, she should not have gotten high or drunk at that college party.  Still, that never justifies rape.  It's not asking to be raped.  Further, while she should definitely know better, it's not the appropriate time to tell her so while she's cleaning up from the assault and still in her tattered clothes.  This is no different.  The dead aren't even buried yet.  Two of the three assailants are still on the run the last I heard.  Now is not the time to state that Charlie Hebdo should have know better, that they asked for it, that they deserved it or whatever.

No, Simon, don't get me wrong.  Don't anyone get me wrong.  I'm not saying Simon said they deserved it or that they asked for it.  I know he didn't say that.  I just know how I reacted to the USA Today opinion piece that basically said the same thing he did.  Right now stating that "they should know better" feels like or can be perceived as "they asked for it."  It can be perceived as taking the side of the terrorists.  I know this is not the case with Simon.  It's just tiring hear and see how violent these people are getting over such stupidity.  It's so obviously out of balance to the offense, and out of balance in comparison to the rest of the world's religions that it's quite disgusting people are still putting up with this behavior.  When our children overreact to a situation, we correct the child.  When our friends or family overreact to a situation, we let them know.  Yes, we remind the offender that they should have known better and that they know how sensitive so-and-so is, but we do try to help so-and-so adjust their behavior.  We spend more time hoping so-and-so "grows up" than we do berating the offender.

It's time these radicals grow up.  It's time for Jehovah to step in and put an end to this entire mess.  I would not be surprised if these terrorist acts lead to the Great Tribulation.  I would not be surprised at all.  I mean, something needs to be done.  Something has to give.  The terrorists are getting worse and worse, bolder and bolder.  Give us another 30 years and see how much further radical and extreme these groups become.

Come Lord Jesus.

Edited by Shawnster

The idea, however, that satire and mocking other cultures or religions is a recent trend, however, is quite inaccurate.  Mockery, insults and satire have existed almost as long as humanity.  You can easily find historical evidence that shows satire as commentary goes back for centuries.

(1 Kings 18:27) About noon E·liʹjah began to mock them and say: “Call out at the top of your voice! After all, he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought or he has gone to relieve himself. Or maybe he is asleep and someone needs to wake him up!”

I think it's pertinent to add that this reaction is by the extremists of  (insert religion).  As for Muslims, we have many Muslims in our territory of Middle Eastern, African, Indonesian and Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Pakistan and Bangladesh. There is also an Arabic speaking group to care for this need. They are here in Australia because of the situation in their home lands, and some are refugees.  Most of them are peaceful family people, and I really enjoy witnessing to them as they do respect the morals the Bible holds and of course have a strong belief in Allah.  If they have any chance to see the truth, it will be in a land of democratic freedom where the pull of strong traditional culture and religion is less.

Remember, the Christians have acted as extremists for centuries:

That was just in the early days.  We have ample evidence of such religious extremism during the 20th century and in our lifetimes - Shawn quoted a few above, not to mention Ireland and the two world wars (though by then nationalism had become the extremist religion).

We know that Satan has been using false religion to manipulate and rule.  The Kings of old Europe were there by "divine rule", and that's for sure - by the God of this system of things.  Satan uses the same ploys very successfully: religion plus extremists = political ferment = backlash by the people.  Always works.

When there was the Lindt Cafe seige in Sydney a couple of weeks back, the politicians and media were quick to label it terrorism.  Yes, he was a Muslim, but he was an extremist and a "lone wolf", and also crazy.  Crazy delusional people are always among us.  They will rise to the fore with this current wave of terrorism in the Middle East and follow ISIS or Taliban or other extremist creed.  Nutcases attract nutcases, who are politically motivated to serve Satan, under the guise of "religion" or "nationalism/tribalism". 

We hope that when we witness people will open their eyes and see that there has to be a better way.  Jehovah has the only solution.  And when we see these things happening, we know the time left is short so it spurs us on to help as many as we can.

......These attacks are completely out of proportion to the offense.  You know that and I know that.  It would be one thing if I was sitting in your home, Simon, mocking you and making fun of your family.  You would have every right to throw me out of your home.  You might even feel justified in punching me in the mouth since I had the audacity to humiliate you and your family in your own home.  It's quite another thing, however, for you to get on a plane, fly to the United States, come into my home and punch me in the mouth because I was making jokes about you to my my wife and my neighbors.........

To us the reaction is totally disproportionate to the offense, but according to Muslims who believe in their prophet Mohammed who according to the article you referenced said "Whoever insults a Prophet kill him." for some it is their duty to avenge the mocking of their prophet. Now that may be extreme but it was also something that previously was warranted by our God.

Consider what happened in Elisha’s day and see the results of disrespect on the part of those children. The prophet Elisha was going up to Bethel, and young boys came out from the city. When they saw Elisha, they kept saying to him: “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” Finally he turned around and saw the young boys and he called down evil upon them in the name of Jehovah. Did Jehovah respond and show his displeasure because of their disrespectful conduct? He most certainly did. Out of the woods came two she-bears and they went tearing to pieces forty-two of those children. What a price to pay for not showing proper respect when it was due!—2 Ki. 2:23, 24 - w63 6.15 Flee from Desires Incidental to Youth

Now we could insert our own circular reasoning in here and say "yes but there is a difference, one was a real prophet and God the others were not" but try telling that to an Islamic militant.

Now we may not be Muslims and we may not hold to these beliefs but it would be good for us to not be ignorant to those who take their Muslim beliefs as seriously as we take our Christian beliefs. This is why people need to be careful and be mindful that although free speech is something many people promote. It is not always wise to use that freedom at all times. It can mean your life or at least endanger your life in this system.

You are right we need the kingdom and we need it soon. We need to keep praying for it because he is the only one who can get us out of this mess. We can be thankful that our God will be merciful and that we can have a personal relationship with him. He promises to look after us through even the most turbulent times, we just need to keep our head down, serve him whole souled and rely totally on him.

The idea, however, that satire and mocking other cultures or religions is a recent trend, however, is quite inaccurate.  Mockery, insults and satire have existed almost as long as humanity.  You can easily find historical evidence that shows satire as commentary goes back for centuries........

You may be correct. Its just with the recent North Korea hack into Sony in retaliation for a movie about assassinating their leader and the recent shootings for mocking a religions prophet. These problems have their catalyst in the name of freedom of expression or speech through entertainment. This was really what i was getting at. This seems to be a trend in the news recently. Someone draws a picture or makes a movie and it antagonizes a country or individuals to retaliate. I just was pointing out this observation.

To me, this is similar to telling that young college girl that dressed slutty and got raped at the college party that she "asked for it."  Yes, she shouldn't dress like a slut. Yes, she should choose better associates. Yes, she should not have gotten high or drunk at that college party.  Still, that never justifies rape.  It's not asking to be raped.  Further, while she should definitely know better, it's not the appropriate time to tell her so while she's cleaning up from the assault and still in her tattered clothes.  This is no different.  The dead aren't even buried yet.

We're discussing a religion that claims to be one of peace.

Couldn't be more spot on.

Consider what happened in Elisha’s day and see the results of disrespect on the part of those children. The prophet Elisha was going up to Bethel, and young boys came out from the city. When they saw Elisha, they kept saying to him: “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” Finally he turned around and saw the young boys and he called down evil upon them in the name of Jehovah. Did Jehovah respond and show his displeasure because of their disrespectful conduct? He most certainly did. Out of the woods came two she-bears and they went tearing to pieces forty-two of those children. What a price to pay for not showing proper respect when it was due!—2 Ki. 2:23, 24 - w63 6.15 Flee from Desires Incidental to Youth

Wait. Jehovah sent those bears. It's not like some other kids came out of some town and went "Those boys insulted a prophet! Kill them!!"

Or am I missing something here?

You're pointing out one of the fundamental differences between the true religion and the "self-proclaimed true religion" of islam: in one of the two, the Almighty waits for the right time to deal with those mocking him and vindicates his name and expects us to be patient as well, the other clearly states that it is the job of the believers to take care of these matters themselves.

Now we could insert our own circular reasoning in here and say "yes but there is a difference, one was a real prophet and God the others were not" but try telling that to an Islamic militant.

You have a point.  However, I feel the need to point out this comparison is not of equal value.  Elisha called down evil on those children and Jehovah caused the bear to attack.  For this comparison to be equal, then Elisha would call down evil (a fatwa) on the children and then fellow Jews would have then killed the children.  A bear is not the same as 3 human gunmen.

Now, to just reason with those unreasonable ones... LOL

Wait. Jehovah sent those bears. It's not like some other kids came out of some town and went "Those boys insulted a prophet! Kill them!!"

Or am I missing something here?

You're pointing out one of the fundamental differences between the true religion and the "self-proclaimed true religion" of islam: in one of the two, the Almighty waits for the right time to deal with those mocking him and vindicates his name and expects us to be patient as well, the other clearly states that it is the job of the believers to take care of these matters themselves.

I was just showing how seriously Jehovah considered the mocking of a prophet. Some Muslims consider the mocking of a prophet as deserving of death also. There are some because of their beliefs that feel justified in avenging this mocking. Although we may feel the reaction is excessive, we don't consider the judgement by Jehovah excessive when he did it. I am not saying that the extremists were right to do what they did, and take it into their own hands, I am just showing how avenging a mocking of a prophet is not unique just to Muslims. This is why care needs to be taken with regards to free speech and radical passionate Islamists.

This wierd, I was talk a sister about Muslims. They recognize that we are growing. Also I told her I have the Koran too and it is interesting. We most always to remember that we must have deep respect of for others and their leaders and their prophets as long they speak the truth, although at times they don't. By doing this we can save some. The book "Mankind Search For God" is an awesome book to read and give us alot of good gems of how to show us to respect other religions.

This wierd, I was talk a sister about Muslims. They recognize that we are growing. Also I told her I have the Koran too and it is interesting. We most always to remember that we must have deep respect of for others and their leaders and their prophets as long they speak the truth, although at times they don't. By doing this we can save some. The book "Mankind Search For God" is an awesome book to read and give us alot of good gems of how to show us to respect other religions.

You said ... "as long they speak the truth, although at times they don't." ...  I don't understand this part. Do you feel that "at times they speak truth" ???

Sorry for raising this dear brother but I am confused.

Yes, The book "Mankind Search For God" is an awesome book !!!