JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

12 Dead in Paris Terror Attack

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3362 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You said ... "as long they speak the truth, although at times they don't." ...  I don't understand this part. Do you feel that "at times they speak truth" ???

Sorry for raising this dear brother but I am confused.

Yes, The book "Mankind Search For God" is an awesome book !!!

All false religion teaches something "true."  Love your neighbor, you must not murder (well, except in wartime), abortion is murder, etc....   I mean, even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then.

All false religion teaches something "true."  Love your neighbor, you must not murder (well, except in wartime), abortion is murder, etc....   I mean, even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then.

Got it ! Thanks !

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Let us stay strong and show our unending bond as one family under Jehovah we need each other more and more each day with all of our differences and gifts! We are getting close and it will become intense at some point at which time some good satirical comments may give us the boost we need to continue through the hard times. I have noticed a large increase in violent crimes on the news as well as many other puzzle pieces coming together which are extremely sad, but we are told to know these things are signs so we do not become downhearted but instead we are firm because we know the time remaining is almost over.

I don't know about America or Australia, but Europeans are becoming real angry with this situation. The attack against the Charlie Hebdo has had more repercussion because it's a frontal attack on freedom of speech, a highly-valued freedom for the Western world, but we are having attacks almost every day. Two or three days ago a Muslim tried to immolate himself at peak hour in one of Madrid's busiest stations. The same day another Muslim immigrant in the subway pushed a policeman in front of the coming train, killing him instantly. In France there were two cases last week of Muslims drivers intentionally running over people. And the list goes on. Not all of them are terrorists, they are simply violent people who hate everyone who disagrees with them.

Islam is not a peaceful religion. Islamic religious leaders inculcate in their followers hatred towards non-Muslims. Of course not all Muslims are violent nor terrorist. Most are just normal people who want to live a normal life. But their religion doesn't help much. It's all about intolerance and trying to control everyone's lives, even those of non-Muslims who live in distant countries.

Yes, all false religions are false and disgusting. Yes, Christendom has a long story of brutality, and if they don't do more terrible things now it's because they are not allowed. But honestly, I don't mind if my neighbors are Catholic, Protestant, Jews, Buddhists or Bahai, but I don't want Muslim neighbors. And the fact that the authorities are doing nothing about it is feeding an increasingly radical reaction. People are tired of being politically correct. We will soon have extreme right-wing governments in many European countries, and that's no good news for our work.

There is no way to fix this rotten system, we really need the kingdom.

I totally agree.  There is no way this will be resolved without our Creator intervening.  It sounds so bad for Europe at this time. We here in Australia thought we were far away from what is happening in other parts of the world, but when the Lindt cafe seige happened here in Australia, I can tell you we were all numbed and shocked.  And though it was not a terrorist attack per se, it did emanate from a crazed religious muslim man. 

It also struck fear into the hearts of fair-minded muslims who rightly feared reprisals from red-neck intolerant Australians, looking for any reason to release their prejudice.  One muslim lady wearing traditional headgear on a train felt so intimidated after this siege that she took off her head scarf and tried to blend in with the rest of the passengers.  An Australian lady asked her if she was alright, and the muslim lady said she felt scared to be out in public as a muslim at this time.  So this lady offered to accompany her off the train and help her if someone tried to abuse the muslim lady. This began the #illridewithyou campaign in support for Australian muslims caught in the middle of all of this.

I am keeping you in my prayers for Jehovah to keep you sane with all this happening around you. "But the end of all things has drawn close. Therefore, be sound in mind,+ and be vigilant* with a view to prayers." 1 Pet 4:7

This wierd, I was talk a sister about Muslims. They recognize that we are growing. Also I told her I have the Koran too and it is interesting. We most always to remember that we must have deep respect of for others and their leaders and their prophets as long they speak the truth, although at times they don't.

The Qur'an is... interesting? Deep respect for false prophets? Sorry, I disagree.

We should be tactful when preaching to muslims because we want them to learn the truth, hard as it may be, as much as anybody else. But that doesn't mean we have to go so far as to praise that satanically inspired book.

You say that you have a Qur'an, but have you actually read it? I have one and I read and studied its' origins for months. You can not understand the Qur'an AT ALL if you have not learnt about the Sira (Mohammeds biography) and the Hadith (sayings attributed to him). To study these takes months and only leads to one shocking revelation after the other.

Please don't forget this religion and Mohammed were clearly inspired by Satan. Hate the false religion, love those blinded by it.

When preaching to Muslims, yes, it is good to know where what things we can agree on (Jesus not being God, no Trinity, full devotion to God and his standards in every day life etc.) but we should not go so far as to compromise our integrity by saying things like the Qur'an is a good book or Mohammed was an important prophet who taught peace and love.

Don't know if I misunderstood you, but I've just noticed that a lot of brothers fall for the politically correct canards being taught by the media.

You said ... "as long they speak the truth, although at times they don't." ...  I don't understand this part. Do you feel that "at times they speak truth" ???

Sorry for raising this dear brother but I am confused.

Yes, The book "Mankind Search For God" is an awesome book !!!

I have dealt with Muslims, If they believe Jesus was a prophet, then WE have a common ground. Then WE can work from there. There is no need to argue about who is the greater prophet when we can have a common ground especially when when they respect the prophets in the Bible.

The Qur'an is... interesting? Deep respect for false prophets? Sorry, I disagree.

We should be tactful when preaching to muslims because we want them to learn the truth, hard as it may be, as much as anybody else. But that doesn't mean we have to go so far as to praise that satanically inspired book.

You say that you have a Qur'an, but have you actually read it? I have one and I read and studied its' origins for months. You can not understand the Qur'an AT ALL if you have not learnt about the Sira (Mohammeds biography) and the Hadith (sayings attributed to him). To study these takes months and only leads to one shocking revelation after the other.

Please don't forget this religion and Mohammed were clearly inspired by Satan. Hate the false religion, love those blinded by it.

When preaching to Muslims, yes, it is good to know where what things we can agree on (Jesus not being God, no Trinity, full devotion to God and his standards in every day life etc.) but we should not go so far as to compromise our integrity by saying things like the Qur'an is a good book or Mohammed was an important prophet who taught peace and love.

Don't know if I misunderstood you, but I've just noticed that a lot of brothers fall for the politically correct canards being taught by the media.

I understand what you are saying. And I respect it too. I have dealt with Muslims. A matter of fact I talk to one at our convention and I have talk to one at his local Muslim center too and usually took the magazines. Alijah Muhhamad and Malcam X respected Russell and especially Rutherford. If WE can have a coomon ground with them, then we can reach them. But, if we DON"T RESPECT them, then we lost them.

I have dealt with Muslims, If they believe Jesus was a prophet, then WE have a common ground. Then WE can work from there. There is no need to argue about who is the greater prophet when we can have a common ground especially when when they respect the prophets in the Bible.

If they believe Jesus was a prophet we do NOT have a common ground. Jesus was the son of the Almighty God who came to live as a man and die so that we can have a relationship to Jehovah at all. There is no need to argue who is the greater prophet simply because Mohammed was not a prophet!

And the statement that muslims respect the prophets in the bible isn't fully true either. They do not even know of a single prophecy spoken by Jesus or Isaiah. They consider the bible to be falsified by early Christians and Jews.

If they believe Jesus was a prophet we do NOT have a common ground. Jesus was the son of the Almighty God who came to live as a man and die so that we can have a relationship to Jehovah at all. There is no need to argue who is the greater prophet simply because Mohammed was not a prophet!

And the statement that muslims respect the prophets in the bible isn't fully true either. They do not even know of a single prophecy spoken by Jesus or Isaiah. They consider the bible to be falsified by early Christians and Jews.

From their point of view, both Mohammed and Jesus are prophets...

According to Deu 18: 15, 18, Jesus is the greater prophet than any other prophets... So, this is the common ground that we have with them... Of course, they need to know more about Jesus, but this is also what others need to know, not only Muslims... A lot of people have wrong idea about Jesus...

Edited by ivy

:bouncing:

The 1972 Awake (g72 2/8 p. 5) has a "conversation with a neighbor" style article with a Muslim, based on a real conversation with a missionary.

I'll only quote the opening lines here (with my own slight additions to clarify the speaker), but the entire article should be required reading as a lesson on building common ground.

Muslim: “THE BIBLE—no! I do not wish to discuss it. As a Moslem, I have my own holy book, the Koran. Besides, Christians are the most warlike people on earth.”
Missionary: “It is true, Mr. Rahman, Christendom is warlike and wayward, so different from early Christianity. It is easy to understand your disgust.”
Muslim: “Really, I do not want to hear anything from the Bible. You can never convince me that Jesus is God.”
Missionary: “Mr. Rahman, you may be surprised to know that the Bible does not teach that Jesus is God Almighty. Rather, it portrays Jesus as praying to God, calling him, at John 17:3, ‘the only true God.’ The Bible also says Jesus was ‘sent’ by God, and that he is the mediator between God and men.”—John 5:30; 1 Tim. 2:5, 6.
Muslim: “That is just what our Koran also teaches. Jesus was a good man. We call him ‘Nabi,’ that is a prophet.”
Missionary: “It is true, Mr. Rahman, Jesus was indeed a prophet. In fact, he was the prophet whose coming was foretold by Moses, the one you Moslems call ‘Nabi Musa.’ Let me read you Moses’ words as recorded at Deuteronomy 18:15: ‘A prophet from your own midst, from your brothers, like me, is what Jehovah your God will raise up for you.’”

Edited by Stavro

Muslim leaders declare aim of world domination - you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-AChXHv-8

As satans system pulls out all the stops at the finale in this time of the end we can only expect to see more of these acts encouraged by some of their leaders. Critical times hard to deal with will be here 2Tim 3. 

From their point of view, both Mohammed and Jesus are prophets...

According to Deu 18: 15, 18, Jesus is the greater prophet than any other prophets... So, this is the common ground that we have with them... Of course, they need to know more about Jesus, but this is also what others need to know, not only Muslims... A lot of people have wrong idea about Jesus...

Yanty

That is my point too. Exellent post.

Where I live there are a lot of people from other countries including people from Turkey, Middle-East and other muslim countries.

I also went to school with muslims that were very nice. Several neighbors have been muslim and I must say that they have shown great hospitality and kindness. I have colleauges that are muslims. They are people who believe in God and try to live as they think is approved by God.

In school and at work they sometimes stod up for me being a witness in front of others and through my life the muslims have always had great respect for me and other witnesses since we try to follow our beliefs no mather what.

I see them as people that have big respect for God and try to do their best, they just need to get to know Jehovah.

I have had the opportunity to preach to different muslims and you never know what that may result in.

Of course there are people that are really crazy, but they are a minority.

I have never met such a fanatic, only normal muslims that also thinks terror like this in France is crazy and wrong.

They think God will judge in time.

And Carlos its to bad that you wouldnt have a muslim as a neighbor since my husband is a muslim.

We would have come by your house with baklava(a pastry) every week ;)

Paris calling.

News reports vary and it's very difficult to timeline the recent events here in Paris.  What I can say is that security is up everywhere.  People are talking about this a lot and I get the feeling that if ever there was a moment for Babylon to fall it is now. 

Hold on to your hats people, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Yes, all false religions are false and disgusting. Yes, Christendom has a long story of brutality, and if they don't do more terrible things now it's because they are not allowed. But honestly, I don't mind if my neighbors are Catholic, Protestant, Jews, Buddhists or Bahai, but I don't want Muslim neighbors. And the fact that the authorities are doing nothing about it is feeding an increasingly radical reaction. People are tired of being politically correct. We will soon have extreme right-wing governments in many European countries, and that's no good news for our work.

There is no way to fix this rotten system, we really need the kingdom.

Having extreme right wing governments that make our work is hard is something we have always assumed would happen eventually.    We already have many governments that are imprisoning our brothers/sisters and this will just continue.  That is good news as it means we are closer to the end.

As to not having Muslim Neighbors, while I understand the concern, it's not a good attitude to have.  There are many American's and European's  who were raised in Christian Families and they are being radicalized by Muslims and committing these crimes.  So even if you had a Catholic Neighbor, they could turn at any moment.  No matter what faith are neighbors claim to be, we have no idea how something could trigger them and turn them. 

Many Muslims where I live even on my street,  I don't look at them and see terrorists, I see just people.  When I am at a door and a Muslim answers it, I see them as a person, not a terrorist.  Of course who knows what they read or watch on TV when they shut the door on me, maybe they are harboring terrorist thoughts.  Still, to just assume that of someone who is a Muslim is not a good thing to do.  

Jehovah expects us to treat all people equally and not form negative opinions on an ethnic group or religious group based on terrible acts of some.

We live in Satan's world, and it is often times a scary world.  We do our best to survive, but the fact is none of us live in a safe world.  We could go to work or school one day, and someone could come running in and start shooting or leave a bomb.  It is what it is.  We just do the best we can and know that if something happens to us, Jehovah will awaken us.  

I have received hospitality from a Muslim family in Maurituis - big family, parents with kids and supercool grandpa... 

I have discussed the bible with grandpa over diner ...he showed a lot of respect and listened.. did not try to push "Islam" on me. Lovely family. :)

But I also understand how Carlos feels about it ... many of them are radicalized by extreme views and you just don't know whom you going to get as a neighbour. There is certain fear in the air.

Carlos has right to express his "fears" and please take it easy on him. We live in very critical times and as was mentioned before only Jehovah's Kingdom will eleminate all the fears that we have to put up in the meantime. Defenitely we are very close to the moment when UN turns against false religion.. even Putin offered "unity" in order to fight terrorism.

Also on Polish news: the goverment of Poland offered military and huge assistance to fight ISIS .... prior to this they only offered political support ....  the "big event" soon will unfold in front of our eyes.

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

But I also understand how Carlos feels about it ... many of them are radicalized by extreme views and you just don't know whom you going to get as a neighbour. There is certain fear in the air.

Carlos has right to express his "fears" and please take it easy on him.

I do not think myself or anyone was giving Carlos a hard time.  I even said I understood his concern.

As to not knowing who your neighbor is, well that can be applied to anyone not just Muslims.  I have new neighbors, just moved in last week and I know nothing about them.  They could be terrorists, rapists, serial killer, etc.  We just can't look at Muslim's though and assume they are all terrorists based on the actions of some. 

As I said earlier, I understand Carlos concern, despite that though, Jehovah expects us to treat all races/religions/nationalities as equals.  Is that always easy, of course not, we are imperfect.  It's something we need to strive to do though.  

And yes, Jehovah's Kingdom is the only answer and we all hope it will be here very, very, soon as this world is on a collision course.

Carlos has right to express his "fears" and please take it easy on him. We live in very critical times and as was mentioned before only Jehovah's Kingdom will eleminate all the fears that we have to put up in the meantime. Defenitely we are very close to the moment when UN turns against false religion..

Greg, thank you for giving me a hand. :D But don't worry, both Linda and Ava are right. I already mentioned that most Muslims are just people who want to live a normal life. I have had good and bad experiences with them as with anybody else. And of course I give witness to Muslims in any occasion I have as I do with anyone else. I would love those people to get to know Jehovah and become my brothers and sisters.

But none of that dispels my fears. Fear is free. :)  We are living a situation in which positions are increasingly radical. There is a mosque in the small town where I live, and people who go there are not exactly being taught tolerance, respect and integration to the culture of the country where they are living, rather the opposite. I just don't feel safe living among people who are being taught to hate, and that's what I was trying to express. Of course I don't treat anyone with prejudice, but at least I have the right to feel afraid.

Well, for those who are in Europe, you are at the pointy end of this war.  Carlos described a number of serious incidents recently in Spain, and the current goings on in Paris are still unfolding before our eyes.  We can only pray and wish that you remain safe and calm amid this truly scary time.  You still have to maintain your current routine, and it is a good opportunity to offer comfort to others and show them the only solution is coming soon.  I commend you brothers and sisters for showing your faith is alive and that you continue to keep your hope before you.  Jehovah will do the rest :)

We also have another possible economic breakdown in Europe, as Greece is in the news again.  Crumbling economics is also a strong precursor to instability that affects the whole world, and another reason for the world to get united to act against religion - for the wealth it possesses.  (Unfortunately for them, they will soon be throwing all that money in the street - Ezekiel 7:19

We have seen also that though we think we live in democratic stable countries, there are radical elements (and crazed people) who believe in a similar vendetta as do the radical muslims.  Remember the Norway gunman who killed 92 people back in 2011?  His rationale for doing this vile deed: "the suspected gunman's internet postings "suggest he has some political traits directed towards the right, and anti-Muslim views, but whether that was a motivation for the actual act remains to be seen". - The Guardian

Unlike the 2001 9/11 incidents, the radicalisation is happening within countries - no need to import terror.  It is exactly as the Bible prophecied at 2 Tim 3:1-5:

"having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness,  betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God".

I understand how Carlos feels. Here in Cincinnati we had race riots several years ago. And when I worked for a

construction company over 25 years ago we did work in the "Over the Rhine" part of the city. It was known for it's high

black population and high crime rate. Because the print shop was busy during the day, we had to go in after hours.

In addition, because of the sensitivity of all of their equipment we had to set up on the sidewalk to do all of our cut-

ting. We literally had to set up a guard to protect our equipment the whole time we were there. Otherwise the neigh-

borhood thieves would have made off with it. In addition, the police surveyed the neighborhood about every 15 minutes.

Every night there were arrests, especially from the bar next door. The place was a riot. I have never worked in a wilder

place in my life. So while I am not predjudiced against blacks, I well know the effect their culture and environment has

on many of them.

GStorrs46

Been watching Fox News for the last 20 min, don't normally watch them but when something really major happens, Ill turn that station on for a bit.

Anyway, the woman hosting the show was discussing this situation in France today and talking to someone about it.  The man she was talking too was blaming the leaders of the US, UK, France, and Spain for not standing up to the racial Muslims like they should be doing. Basically he said these countries are being too nice and not doing enough to stop them at any cost.

So the woman hosting the show asked this "How do we annihilate a group of people who want to kill all westerners just because we do not believe they have the one true religion"

As Witnesses, we do not kill anyone,  but we do preach God's Kingdom as the only hope for mankind and we know world governments today will never solve mankind's problems.  I started to  think of our brothers/sisters in Russia who are dealing with being called Extremists (just like what many call the Muslims)  Got me thinking what  Jesus said Matthew 24:9

"Then people will hand you over to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name"

We are living in interesting times. Time to keep preaching and keep praying and stick close to the congregation.

While it's understandable to have fear as this world is a mess, we also have to remember we are already hated, hated by Satan, and he is worse then any human. Humans can kill us, that's it, Jehovah can resurrect us.  Satan though wants to turn us from Jehovah forever.  Time to get use to being hated.

Edited by ava