JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Israel and diplomatic tsunami

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4750 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was just reading the news (in French) and saw an article about Israel and the recognition of the Palestinian Authority by the U.N

(after a quick search, to find the same in english)

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2011/April/Israel-PA-Statehood-Bid-a-Diplomatic-Tsunami/

So, this may be for September of this year.

This could be interesting... you know... "Peace and Safety"... etc...

I was watching this same thing play out in the news. I noticed both pro and con articles related to this.

I thought it was interesting in the "con" / against article - it said that - the Palestinians are hoping that if they get "statehood" then they can get the nation of Israel to leave their territory. But, this doesn't seem likely as they haven't left the territory in Syria (which is a state) that they occupy. And it hasn't stopped them from bombing what they want to bomb in Syria. So, the chances that having statehood would make any difference to them at all is slim. In fact, it may hurt their chances at reaching a peace deal with Israel.

It just made me think of the Jer 10:23 - "It does not belong to man to direct his step." Some many times there just doesn't seem to be a good direction. As they say - damned if you do and damned if you don't. Only Jehovah can point the real way and can make sure that it stays good. Yet one more sign that only He, by means of His kingdom, can bring real peace and security.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....