JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let's find it! (A-Z search of bible topics)

Stormswift

I use this game or used to when my kids were smaller in family worship. It's fun gets them to know their bible and gives them a good sense of how our

brothers and sisters lived in biblical times.

It's really easy and there are only two rules: one to follow the letters in sequence when at all possible (some letters won't have words to go with them just move onto the next letter) and two: Cite a scripture next to each word you find.

Some of the topics we will choose will be in this order:

Food (yay!)

Clothing

Animals

People's names

Tools

etc etc. Any suggestions please let me know.

Right let's start with Animals - my job will be to find an animal starting with 'A' and a scripture to go with it. Then the next poster will do 'b'. Have fun!

I don't expect to see bacon in B - btw.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Bees ~ Isaiah 7:18,19  “In that day Jehovah will whistle for the flies from the distant streams of the Nile of Egypt and for the bees in the land of As·syr′i·a, and they will all come and settle down on the steep valleys, on the rocky clefts, on all the thornbushes, and on all the watering places." 

Edited by NSSewer

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Yes you can buy camel meat in markets even today - I'll accept camel.

Remember this topic is food ... when we have been through the alphabet once then whoever has 'A' can choose the topic.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1st post says 'let's start with animals'

last post says 'topic is food'...   :S

i must be missing something so here is one of each...

animal: dinosaur

hmm no scripture on dinosaur so how about dove

Gen 8 returned to Noah with olive leaf  

or food: dill Matt 23 Pharisees tithed

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

Horse

Rev 19: 11 " I saw heaven opened, and look! a white HORSEAnd the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness."

Edited by ivy

:bouncing:

Insects - Lev. 11:20-23:Every winged swarming creaturea that goes on all fours is something loathsome to you.

21 “‘Of the winged swarming creatures that move on all fours, you may eat only those that have jointed legs above their feet for leaping on the ground. 22 Of these you may eat: various kinds of migratory locusts, other edible locusts, crickets, and grasshoppers. 23 All other winged swarming creatures with four legs are something loathsome to you

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 2 weeks later...

newt:  (Leviticus 11:29, 30) “‘These are the swarming creatures of the earth that are unclean to you: the mole rat, the mouse, every kind of lizard, 30 the gecko, the large lizard, the newt, the sand lizard, and the chameleon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...