JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Evils of religion: The cult of Islam versus Charlie Hebo

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3366 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Evils of religion: The cult of Islam versus Charlie Hebo

Bill Underwood: Phoenix Signs of the Times Examiner

January 22, 2015

If you're like me, at some point last week you were asking yourself, "Who on earth is Charlie Hebdo?" Turns out Charlie Hebdo is a what, not a who... It's the name of....

Read  more

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

This article could be useful for service purposes as well. Looking at the world's viewpoint I can clearly see the world is ready to get rid of all religion because people are just using it to do evil. The more the subject comes up the more all false religion is questioned. It is only seconds away from the day when the UN and nations together say they have had enough. Just say it already you nations.

Some many groups try to limit the bible.

Catholics used to say that the Scriptures had to be read in Latin.  Most people did not know Latin.

Mormons try to say that the Book of Mormon is more accurate than the Bible.  The Bible is true, they say, as long as it agrees with the Book of Mormon.

Muslims try to say that the Koran is more accurate that the Bible.

And now there are the King-James-only enthusiasts.  They believe the King James Version is more accurate than the ancient Scriptural manuscripts.

Some many groups try to limit the bible.

Catholics used to say that the Scriptures had to be read in Latin.  Most people did not know Latin.

Mormons try to say that the Book of Mormon is more accurate than the Bible.  The Bible is true, they say, as long as it agrees with the Book of Mormon.

Muslims try to say that the Koran is more accurate that the Bible.

And now there are the King-James-only enthusiasts.  They believe the King James Version is more accurate than the ancient Scriptural manuscripts.

I have met people in service who swear that Jesus had the King James Bible, and quoted from it. 

I have met people in service who swear that Jesus had the King James Bible, and quoted from it. 

This is mainly an American phenomenon. People that believe that the KJV is the unadulterated word of God. I wonder what bible they think Germans or the French should read. Or do they think they need to learn English to hear God's Word from the KJV?? Incredible.

Some of the "King James only" people are shifting to becoming "NIV only." The NIV is probably the most trinitarian biased translation on the market in my opinion. I have had people tell me that the KJ is the Bible Jesus used and I reply that I didn't know he spoke English centuries before English become a Language.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25