JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Getting the Bible Rebound and Re-Edged

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3367 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have found a number of websites that cater to the rebinding if the new world translation in different covers and also offer an option of having the gilt edging done in different colors (including a prism color!).

The problem is none of the sites offer the combo that I'm after. I would really like to get a bible with a black cover and red gilt edge. (One site offers black covers but no gilt edge and another offers gilt edge but no black cover).

Of course I love my silver bible (I understand some of you are thinking "why change what's already beautiful!?) but just for my home study bible something a bit different might be nice and the cover is already quite dirty (there is like a square of dirt all the way around that just won't go) and the edge got something on it and it went patchy. So I figure instead of getting a new bible from the society I could just get a website to remake my current one and while I'm at it why not throw in something a bit different.

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of a site that offers that combo that I'm after?

Not off the top of my head without looking around myself.... but have you checked out all the book binding links on our JW Friendly Links page?

That was a good one to find before I go to work.  :upsidedown:

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I have found a number of websites that cater to the rebinding if the new world translation in different covers and also offer an option of having the gilt edging done in different colors (including a prism color!).

The problem is none of the sites offer the combo that I'm after. I would really like to get a bible with a black cover and red gilt edge. (One site offers black covers but no gilt edge and another offers gilt edge but no black cover).

Of course I love my silver bible (I understand some of you are thinking "why change what's already beautiful!?) but just for my home study bible something a bit different might be nice and the cover is already quite dirty (there is like a square of dirt all the way around that just won't go) and the edge got something on it and it went patchy. So I figure instead of getting a new bible from the society I could just get a website to remake my current one and while I'm at it why not throw in something a bit different.

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of a site that offers that combo that I'm after?

I really prefer my old black bible, for studying. The cross references on whatever particular Scripture you have just read, are so helpful for rounding out your knowledge. And thinking about a particular one, more than just a cursory read, helps imprint it in your mind much more. A talk given by a CO, said that every time you read, or say something, it is like multiple paths to your memory that help you bring things to mind quicker.

At my age, I need all the help I can get, as this journey I have been on for the past eight months has weakened my mind, and my body. But I know I cannot give up, as that is satan's whole goal. Can't let him win, can I????? :bringiton:  

So I figure instead of getting a new bible from the society I could just get a website to remake my current one and while I'm at it why not throw in something a bit different.

All of the businesses that I have worked with require new bibles for rebinding. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I didn't read closely enough it does say "new NWT" on the sites I've been looking at. Easy to mis considering it's called the new world translation, and a new version at that, oh well I don't think I'll bother. Maybe when the study bible comes out perhaps.

So technically a brand new revised version could be called a new new new world translation.

New (as in brand new, fresh) new (as in its the new revision and new (as part of the name).