JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 572 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

How about the WDC (Worldwide Design Committee) that oversees the branch level RDC (Regional Design Committee) and then under each branch will be multiple LDC that have CGs (Construction Groups) of 8 people.

Edit: the C is committee

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

How about the WDC (Worldwide Design Committee) that oversees the branch level RDC (Regional Design Committee) and then under each branch will be multiple LDC that have CGs (Construction Groups) of 8 people.Edit: the C is committee

I take it back. Go with construction.

2015 yearbook pages 16-18. :wave: now I get it!

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302015053

This new department, called the Worldwide Design/Construction Department (WDC), is located at our world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, and functions under the direction of the Publishing Committee of the Governing Body.

The WDC oversees the Regional Design/Construction Departments, which are at the branch offices located in Australia, Germany, South Africa, and the United States. These departments coordinate the design, construction, and maintenance work in their respective regions. Their goal is to speed up the construction of Kingdom Halls. Previously, Kingdom Halls were built with the help of either the Regional Building Committee or the program for lands with limited resources. These two arrangements have now been merged into one, with a view to using the best of both systems to help accelerate our construction work.

To coordinate this ever-increasing need for Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls, a Local Design/Construction Department was formed in each branch.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The 2015 yearbook makes reference to "Worldwide Design/Construction Department" (WDC). Is this in addition to the Local Design/Construction Department or instead of LDC?

Yes.  The YB quote above explains that the WDC oversees four Regional Design/Construction departments and these RDC departments oversee the LDC groups in their regions.  The result is a consistent, top down approach to the worldwide construction requirements.

I take it back. Go with construction.

2015 yearbook pages 16-18. :wave: now I get it!

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302015053

Another letter read this week requesting volenteer help   ...   2800 KH's in US Branch - 14,200 worldwide.

WDC > RDC > LDC

Are there Pictures, drawings or a prototype that can be shared for the New US commercial style KH's?  

Is a KH already up and running?  

Who's first?

Edited by timpin

There is a LDC refurbishment taking place near me right now that began in January 2015. This is the first LDC project in Britain. The KH has 10 congregations with 3 separate halls in the building. The 10 congregations have all been sent to other KHs throughout London, up to 7 miles away - which by London standards is quite far.

The project is expected to last until the end of May.

There is a LDC refurbishment taking place near me right now that began in January 2015. This is the first LDC project in Britain. The KH has 10 congregations with 3 separate halls in the building. The 10 congregations have all been sent to other KHs throughout London, up to 7 miles away - which by London standards is quite far.

The project is expected to last until the end of May.

Can you share any other details or perhaps some photos?

WDC > RDC > LDC

Are there Pictures, drawings or a prototype that can be shared for the New US commercial style KH's?

Is a KH already up and running?

Who's first?

pic

Thank you Margaret ... where did you get that! ... Is that the official new look?

if so, Wow ... Simplicity!

Marcus - pictures?

Edited by trottigy

I am wondering if this new Kingdom Hall design will be easier and faster to build..like..is it stick built, concrete tilt up, modular...perhaps needing fewer workers for each stage of construction? I think the carpet tiles are great!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

That is the official new look for the hall, however, this image came from the video from the elders and should not be shown to the friends yet. I had the local needs for this part and prior to it I called the branch to ask if it is ok to show the new hall to the friends. They said NO. We can talk about it but not show it right now. but that is the photo. It is just disconcerting that brothers don't follow instructions and leak images like this.

Sorry I did not know.....please remove the picture.....I found it on Pinterest

I took it off.

Thank you Sister Margaret.

You would not have any reason to conclude that a posting like that was contrary to instructions received by elders.

Now concerning the brother who posted the picture it is a different story.

Since only elders are supposed to have access to the program we can conclude that was done by a spiritually week elder.

Or, and this turns my stomach to think about it, we have an opposer clothed as an elder. 

This kind of thing happens and little can be done to control it.

Again thank you for recognizing the error of the original poster.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Thank you Sister Margaret.

You would not have any reason to conclude that a posting like that was contrary to instructions received by elders.

Now concerning the brother who posted the picture it is a different story.

Since only elders are supposed to have access to the program we can conclude that was done by a spiritually week elder.

Or, and this turns my stomach to think about it, we have an opposer clothed as an elder.

This kind of thing happens and little can be done to control it.

Again thank you for recognizing the error of the original poster.

I am not blaming anyone here. You did not know. The brothers said that the information shared with the elders is not confidential. The brother said they are preparing something nice to show the friends. You can ask your elders about the video or you can ask me or other elders here. :)

Edited by Daxsector

I am wondering if this new Kingdom Hall design will be easier and faster to build..like..is it stick built, concrete tilt up, modular...perhaps needing fewer workers for each stage of construction? I think the carpet tiles are great!

Are you a carpet installer? Some of the installers do NOT think they are so great - and, they are quite a bit more expensive. There have been some problems with them, but I am sure that, if the Branch wants to continue with them, we will all adjust.

Not sure what the building materials will be, it may differ depending on what local building regulations allow/require.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)