JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 594 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In Nevada they "Fire" employees, no explanations necessary, not laying them off. No unemployment insurance, which in the US is paid directly by the companies or was in my wife's case. 150 in summer of 01 and 35 just 6 months later - just after doing 60 hours a week finishing all the renewals, etc.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

In Nevada they "Fire" employees, no explanations necessary, not laying them off. No unemployment insurance, which in the US is paid directly by the companies or was in my wife's case. 150 in summer of 01 and 35 just 6 months later - just after doing 60 hours a week finishing all the renewals, etc.

Don't you love "right to work" states?? More like "right to be fired (WITHOUT cause)! " state!

EDIT: where is "The Donald" when you need him???

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Ouch, that hurts.

Current Nevada employment insurance appears to be similar to WA, OR and CA. Relatively complete coverage and very similar conditions to qualify or to be disqualified.

Nevada  rules for monetary eligibility: 

A person must have worked in employment and have sufficient wages within a base period to qualify for the claim.  The work must be in "covered" employment, but is not required to be wholly within one state.  The vast majority of employers are "covered" employers, but some employment is exempt from coverage, such as work performed for a church, self-employment and work performed for private employers while in the custody of a state correctional institution.

Was your wife working on a contract basis? (I have been burned on that a time or two before I got smarter.)

Doe this have anything to do with "a right to work?"

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Oh he is probably feeling a little hurt/ half joking in his reply... I know a number of Rbc boys felt more than a little dejected.. When their assignment came to a halt... For many their whole life revolved around working on theocratic projects .. Sometimes hard to switch gears....

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Oh he is probably feeling a little hurt/ half joking in his reply... I know a number of Rbc boys felt more than a little dejected.. When their assignment came to a halt... For many their whole life revolved around working on theocratic projects .. Sometimes hard to switch gears....

Switching gears a little, I really liked the new Iron Sharpens Iron video for the traveling brothers that find themselves being transitioned..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have known a couple of traveling brothers that didn't have it easy when they got off the road, but have never seen any that were destitute and caused a long term burden on the congregation.

On the other hand numerous brothers come from Bethel with valuable job skills. I have one friend that had to leave Bethel because of his wife's health; he had a top job with Microsoft before he left NY.

Most of the tile setters that I know got their training with the RBC.

Now we have Special Pioneers that will be totally self supporting as Regular Pioneers. This will require some adjustments but we know that they will prosper under Jehovah's blessing.

With so many adjustments, we don't want to be looking down at our feet and fail to see the chariot shifting course.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

My wife worked for Employers Insurance - ( workers comp ) now in most states. Middle management husband & wife team ( esp wife ) did not like my wife because she was 1 of 4 who could access state records.

My wife was also the efficiency officer. 35 people were Fired the same day by miidle management. They had hoped to get a bonus for cutting expenses. They didn't and quit 2 weeks later. ( A sister took the promotion that my wife turned down - 60 hours a week in perpetuity, she lasted a month after the firings, too much work. She quit. )

We have a special pioneer couple that came from Bethel just in April. They have been a blessing to our congregation. I know he has finished carpentry skills and she was in the drapery dept. ( Brothers had to build a roomful of cupboards :surrender: for all the fabrics we donated after closing down my wife's custom bridal business, our sp sister said to my wife "So your the one!" :exclamation:  )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I will be at Warwick Nov 1-7 and I will be returning home on Nov 8

Thing is, on Sunday, Nov 8, I will have some time to kill since I am taking the train home. I will be in Manhattan for part of the day. I plan on riding the PATH train to get around. I will be having some NY Pizza around lunch time. If anyone on here who lives in NY would like to meet up, PM me,

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I was just rewatching the video about LDC on JWB when I realized the couple they interviewed, the Weins, were at the assembly hall recently. His family is from this area, his father is a regular pioneer in a town about 15 miles from us and was at pioneer school in one of our KH a couple of months ago. The Weins were here with a young couple from New Jersey reviewing LDC stuff for the AH..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well, I will be leaving for the train station shortly - I am off to NY today headed for a week at Warwick :thumbsup:

We want pictures and updates!!!!

So, can I still turn in an application for LDC just like an RBC application?

Yep, get one from your local elders.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If I get to take some pictures with my tablet I will try to post them during the week

Any on the camera will have to wait till I get home

I am here and in my motel room with the Florida - Georgia game on

Get off the couch and get to work, you've been lollygagging enough already, your assignment awaits you / people want to move in - everyone else is already working - lets go!

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15580-temp-work-at-warwick/page-10      &      http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/warwick-photo-gallery-january-april-2015/

Edited by timpin

Afetr supper, for "Family Worship" we had an abreviated Watchtower and then "Gilead Class Introductions" ...... The ones who are now there for the next class were all announced and had a short interview.

Nice!

In the new class, all but one single Brother currently serves at a Bethel or RTO

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)